1st Trimester
Options

sea bands

Anyone tried them and have they helped? I'm debating going to buy some tonight after work. This nausea is only getting worse each day.
Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: sea bands

• Options
    ipumpkinipumpkin member
    edited January 2015
    I've seen A LOT of people on here recommend those. It can't hurt!
  • Options
    I got sea bands almost two weeks ago. They seem to help, at least to take the edge off. Take them off when you go to bed to help 'reset' the pressure point. Also, I wash mine in my weekly laundry load to help shrink them back up. I find they're less effective (or maybe my nausea is just worse) after a few days. Getting them positioned correctly is also key.
    BabyGaga
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't used them for pregnancy but they saved our honeymoon on the cruise. Lol!
    1/19/15 - Officially Team Blue! 
    "Victory is paid for in sweat, courage, and preparation!"
  • Options
    They have definitely helped me. I got them when I was pregnant with DS2 and it took me about a week to remember them this time. I can tell the days I forget to put them on, I am much sicker.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC#2 October 2011. June 2012 diagnosed with mild PCOS and both tubes blocked.
    10/1/12 miracle BFP 11/12/12 missed m/c (9w2d), baby stopped growing at 7 weeks
    1/16/13 BFP, EDD 9/27/13, m/c 1/19/13
    imagephoto rainbowleavesbadge-1_zpsa9246b63.jpg
    2/12/13 BFP, EDD 10/25/13 Please stick little one
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    A stowaway on board! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    They didn't take the nausea completely away, but it lowered it to the point where I could move and eat finally. Seriously lifesaver. I couldn't keep mine on for more than 4-5 hours, the pressure point would get sore and the effectiveness would wear off.
    Pregnancy Ticker
     DD #1 born 8/3/2015
  • Options
    I picked them up this morning and so far they are helping some! They are a bit uncomfortable/too tight but worth it. I can move normally again :)
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    They are a life saver for me! The only thing I have found that works for my MS (well really all day).
  • Options
    They help me a lot. I have used them for years for scuba diving trips when I need to be on a boat, I have intense sea and motion sickness. Make sure you position them correctly. I take them off after a few hours to reset the pressure point and then put them back on. 
    Me (27) & Hubby (40): 1/22/11
    EDD of 1st: 9/11/15
    PhD grad date: 6/1/16
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"