December 2014 Moms

8 week old

My LO turned 8 weeks today and all I've dealt with for the past 2-3 days is him being fussy all day, always wanting to be held/rocked/walked, and him not sleeping at all. He will cat nap during the day for an accumulated 1 hour at most but then at nights it's really bad cause he's really sleepy and it's so difficult to get to sleep.

Anyone else have problems like this at 8 weeks? Any advice? I figured it's a growth spurt but he's never acted this way before with them.

Re: 8 week old

• I'm in the same boat! My LO went from a well behaved baby to a handful a few days ago. Not sleeping, eating every two seconds, cranky. He is 8 wks today. Found this online and it describes him perfectly. Made me feel a bit better knowing this is normal! https://www.whattoexpect.com/first-year/ask-heidi/baby-growth-spurts.aspx
  • Also Google Wonder Weeks, week 8 is definitely one. Hang in there!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel like it's a mixture of both of those. He's not feeding that often except during witching hours (5-10) usually. He's also fussing at the breast, latching/unlatching during a feed, and going every 1-1.5 hours for food. He also plays with my breast, at least that's what I call it. He'll lick at it, suck, bob his head, etc then latch on. He just started this in the past week or so...
  • Our babies share the same birthday!!/ I've noticed shes been hungrier and fussier than normal. At each growth spurt she gets like this so I'm just trying to remind myself this wonder week thing will be over soon lol. Since our babies share the same birthday I have a feeling we will be going through a lot of stages and issues together lol.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

DH and I: Dating: 08/2008, Engaged: 02/2012, and Married: 03/13!
    Adopted our Pup: 08/2011

DD born on 12/03/2014, Emma!
    (TTC #1 (and only!): 12/25/13, BFP: 03/31/14, EDD: 12/05/14, Gender, girl: 07/16/14)

imageimage

• It's a growth spurt! Just went thru that here this past few days. It sucks but it will get better! Also, did he just get shots? That made my LO extra extra fussy!
  • He doesn't get shots here until month 3. Immunizations are different in Japan :/ so he's not dealing with that yet.

Still having nap issues. I'll feed him and he'll get sleepy and drowsy so I burp him and as soon as he's down he wakes up crying again. And he'll nurse and feed then just comfort suck. It's exhausting! I hope future growth spurts are easier!
  • Also Google the 45 minute intruder. It explains why babies often wake after only a 45 minute nap. And also Google the five S's, these are great when trying to get the baby to sleep. Good luck, growth spurts suck and unfortunately the entire first year is full of them.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"