Trying to Get Pregnant

Getting frustrated

I'm getting really frustrated. I'm TTC. My cycles have been varying between 30 days, 45 days, and 60 days irregularly and in no order. I've been taking OPK's and getting false positives/false ovulation...and I've been taking BBT which I cannot understand because my temperatures are so erratic that it's not making any sense to me. I'm not sure that I'm looking for any advice or suggestions, I feel like I just need to vent and see if this happening to anyone else. My last cycle was 45 days and based on my negative OPK's and confusing BBT, it looks like this cycle might be 60 days, again?! Jeez, I'm just searching for some kind of answer…

Re: Getting frustrated

• We are frustrated too
  • Thanks! I know there are other women out there in the same position as me, and I'm sorry for their situations too. I'm glad that I have the option to post my feelings regarding pregnancy on the bump because it's hard to discuss it with most of my friends who are not parents or trying to be at the moment!
  • Loading the player...
  • How old are you if I can ask
  • I sent you a PM. I'm 30 also.
  • My mother experienced menopause at 36 and I'm not sure that that has any correlation with my cycles or ability to be fertile. All I know is that my husband and I are very ready and have been trying for a while☺️
  • So have he and I. I'm a smaller woman and I'm wondering if that's hurting our chances.
  • How do I check dm?
  • Are you taking you BBT at the same time every morning and after at least 3 solid hours of sleep?
    Some women can get accurate BBT's after 3 hours of sleep regardless of time, some women (like me) have to take it at exactly the same time every morning.
    Can you link your chart?
  • I take it at the same time everyday with the exception of maybe a few days ... And those times are only maybe 20 mins off. Yep I do it first thing in the morning!
  • Can you link your chart @APAndy4‌ ?
  • I was in birth control for nearly 16 years straight (crazy, I know) and have been off of it for 9 months... Ttc now for 6... Working on linking the chart ☺️
  • Of course, I was expecting what I see as examples online haha so now I'm thinking "whaaaa"?
  • @starbuck27 thanks! I look into it
  • First and foremost, sign up for a Fertility friend account and download the app. It's free. Not only can you track your cycles there, but there is plethora of useful information there.

Second, it's hard to tell much with the chart you posted since it looks like you're only on CD 14.

Fwiw, your temps don't look that erratic. It actually looks like you may have O'd on CD 13, but can't be confirmed without at least a few more days of temping.
    OPK's don't work well for me and I have never got a true positive, but because I temp (and because of lab tests) I know that I've O'd even when I've not gotten positive OPK's.
  • @almachs0786‌ that's good to know that it's not that erratic! OPKs apparently don't work for me either
  • almachs0786almachs0786 member
    edited January 2015
    I started trying to explain what you need to look for, but I'm a hands on person and suck at explaining things.

Basically, the bold black line in your chart (the one that almost all of your temps are under) would be your cover line (your follicular phase).. Your drop in temp on CD12, and then spike on CD 14 (which is above your cover line) would suggest you O'd on CD 13 IF your temps are sustained above your cover line (which would be your literal phase) until you get a + HPT or the return of AF.
    Keep temping, look for your temps to stay elevated to confirm O. But you can download FF and put these temps in and it will do all the work for you!

Also, it can take up to a year sometimes to regulate from long term BC use.
  • Also, I'm responding because I remember how frustrating charting was for me when I was starting. The educated women that were once here (and could provide much more insight than myself) have left to join the dark side. PM me if you want, or just look for the link around the forum.
  • Thanks @almachs0786‌ ... It's just nice to speak with someone, anyone about it and get advice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"