Infertility

Infertility + depression = the worst combo ever

I've suffered from depression and anxiety for what feels like forever (but in real life is about 15 years). I went off my meds two years ago when i started ttc. i have had zero success with ttc (see signature), which has made the depression struggle that much worse. What is the trade-off? Being on medication that helps manage my depression but is not ideal for ttc? Or putting my depression on the back-burner, and hoping month after month (and losing more of myself, month after month) that ttc will work out soon? Just looking for friendly support from someone who has been in a similar boat. Or anyone, really. I feel super alone.

Me: 32 years old, PCOS and low progesterone
DH: 34 years old
TTC since January 2013, zero BFPs: 3 cycles of metformin; 3 cycles with clomid; 3 cycles just injectables; 2 cycles of injectables with IUI.

Re: Infertility + depression = the worst combo ever

• My OB always said antidepressants were fine for TTC and we'd stop once I got pregnant. I'm not sure what kind of medication you were taking but maybe see if there is something that is okay to take while TTC. You are definitely not alone in this and I hate that you feel that way! 

I personally understand the dilemna. I really should have been on medication during the three years we tried for our first. But I was so caught up on not doing ANYTHING that even might, no matter how small the chances were, interfere with getting or staying pregnant that I basically didn't live at all. Looking back, I should have gotten on something. 

Hang in there. 
    *****siggy warning****

TTC#2
    IVF in April 2015
    Started TTC #1 in 2009
    BFP #1: m/c at 7w2d in 2010
    BFP #2: m/c at 10w3d in 2010
    BFP #3: ectopic at 5w in 2011, lost one tube and learned the other was in bad shape
    2 failed (and useless) IUIs, moved to IVF 
    BFP #4: Healthy baby girl born 8/2013
  • Thank you. Just reading your response made my eyes tear up.
    Me: 32 years old, PCOS and low progesterone
    DH: 34 years old
    TTC since January 2013, zero BFPs: 3 cycles of metformin; 3 cycles with clomid; 3 cycles just injectables; 2 cycles of injectables with IUI.

• Loading the player...
  • Your siggy isn't displaying, so I can't tell what treatments you are currently doing, but if you are currently under the care of an RE, they should be able to help you navigate appropriate meds you can take while TTC. Your OB should also be able to assist.

I'm sorry you are dealing with this. If nothing else, you should definitely find a therapist- Resolve has a list of therapists that specialize in infertility and your RE/Clinic likely has someone/a list they could refer you to. Resolve also has support groups listed by state, so maybe there is one you can join near you.

Good luck, you are definitely not alone.

***************************Loss Mentioned***************************

Me 37 y/o, DH 45 y/o; DH vasectomy reversal (his 2nd marriage) 11/8/12; TTC since 12/8/12. IVF due to MFI. DOR diagnosis April 2015.

IVF #1 BCPs/Antagonist w/ICSI Jan 2014 = BFN

IVF #2 MDL w/PICSI March 2014 = BFN

IVF #3 EPP/Antagonist w/PICSI May/June 2014 = BFP!; MMC 6w4d

IVF #4 No suppression/Antagonist Nov 2014/Converted to IUI #1 = BFN
    IVF #4.1 Feb 2015 = cancelled
    IVF #4.2 April 2015 - Lupron Stop Protocol with ICSI = PGD testing of embryo indicated it was abnormal
    IVF #5 June 2015 EPP with Antagonist 

Everyone welcome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"