Infertility

AMH question

BleebebebebeBleebebebebe member
edited January 2015 in Infertility
My AMH was fine two years ago, 2.7, when we did our first IVF. But we discovered that I had crappy eggs which of course turned into crappy embryos. We are about to do our second IVF in April so my RE rechecked my AMH and now it's 4.1.

This is in no way complaining. I am pretty sure this is a good number. But I am pretty confused on how much it went up and why and what it means if anything. I have a consult for Wednesday with my RE so I will ask him his thoughts but I'm impatient and just curious if anyone can shed some light? I thought AMH didn't go up, at least not this much! Maybe some normal small variations but this seems like a big jump.

I've read anything above 4 could indicate PCOS but I don't have any other symptoms of PCOS so I'm currently not concerned with that. I've been taking French pine bark per doctors orders since September as it "might" improve egg quality. But AMH and quality don't go hand in hand, I don't think, right?

I'm not really sure what I'm asking or what I'm looking for. Hoping maybe someone can tell me that my egg quality is now excellent and I've got nothing to worry about. Ha! ;)

But really, I guess I'm just curious about AMH in general and just looking to educate myself. Any thoughts? TIA

*****siggy warning****

TTC#2
IVF in April 2015
Started TTC #1 in 2009
BFP #1: m/c at 7w2d in 2010
BFP #2: m/c at 10w3d in 2010
BFP #3: ectopic at 5w in 2011, lost one tube and learned the other was in bad shape
2 failed (and useless) IUIs, moved to IVF 
BFP #4: Healthy baby girl born 8/2013

Re: AMH question

• I'm struggling with the opposite problem, but I've been Googling it a lot and I like the info on Advanced Fertility Center of Chicago's website on AMH, FSH and AFC.

FWIW my nurse said the numbers can spike down or up without explanation. I wish mine would spike as high as yours, but I'm trying not to freak myself out.

FYI, it would be polite to warn others about your siggy with a warning of both your losses and your child. Your successful pregnancy happened after you were last tested, right? That likely has something to do with the improvement.  

***************************Loss Mentioned***************************

Me 37 y/o, DH 45 y/o; DH vasectomy reversal (his 2nd marriage) 11/8/12; TTC since 12/8/12. IVF due to MFI. DOR diagnosis April 2015.

IVF #1 BCPs/Antagonist w/ICSI Jan 2014 = BFN

IVF #2 MDL w/PICSI March 2014 = BFN

IVF #3 EPP/Antagonist w/PICSI May/June 2014 = BFP!; MMC 6w4d

IVF #4 No suppression/Antagonist Nov 2014/Converted to IUI #1 = BFN
    IVF #4.1 Feb 2015 = cancelled
    IVF #4.2 April 2015 - Lupron Stop Protocol with ICSI = PGD testing of embryo indicated it was abnormal
    IVF #5 June 2015 EPP with Antagonist 

Everyone welcome!

• Thanks Carol, I'll check out their website. I guess I just wasn't aware that it could spike up and down, I just assumed it only went down as we aged. I really hope this isn't coming off as a complaint. I'm grateful for a good number, for whatever its worth, though my eggs have proven to be terrible quality. I think I'm just grasping at straws hoping for something I know doesn't make sense. I just want a sign that my quality is suddenly better! If only it were so simple. 

*****siggy warning****

TTC#2
    IVF in April 2015
    Started TTC #1 in 2009
    BFP #1: m/c at 7w2d in 2010
    BFP #2: m/c at 10w3d in 2010
    BFP #3: ectopic at 5w in 2011, lost one tube and learned the other was in bad shape
    2 failed (and useless) IUIs, moved to IVF 
    BFP #4: Healthy baby girl born 8/2013
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine raised a lot like that within a year. Almost the exact same numbers as you. And it was the swme doctors office and the same lab, so this was no error. I think if your vitamin d is low it can artificially lower your AMH. I spent the year in Australia before getting the second test and in the USA I live in a cold state, so I never got much vitamin d and was actually vitamin d deficient, that may have had something to do with it. That's all I can share about this, sorry its not much help.
  • ●●siggy and ticker warning●●

I'm actually going through this exact scenario. My amh for ivf 1 was .81 and vitd level was 25 in 2012 at age 34. Ivf #2 and 3 in 2014 at age 36 amh .97 vit d was 38 after taking 2000 iu. I started taking vit d3 5000 about 3 months ago. Last week I had my amh tested and they called today saying my amh level was 3.01!!! So confused
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @trayle01‌ that is impressive your AMH jumped that much! I'm at .195 and I'm getting retested from an RE now. I asked her if vit D had anything to do with it and she didn't really seem to think so but I also asked my Ob and he said no. But the weird thing is my RE ordered a vit D test. I have started the supplements too but haven't got my D or AMH test back yet. I really think the 2 are correlated.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"