April 2014 Moms

Leave car seat with the sitter?

My girls just switched over to convertible seats and I'm realizing it will be a huge pain to leave my sitter (sister) their car seats when she watches them for me once a week. Up til now she's had their carriers but never gone anywhere. I'd switch her cars, but she has a preschooler who would not fit in the back seat with my twins. Do you leave a sitter the car seat? I'm worried she'll need them just in case :/

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

Re: Leave car seat with the sitter?

• I leave his infant seat, but only because sometimes my husband picks him up. My babysitter said if it was an emergency, she would call 911 anyway since there would be multiple kids to load up. Could you get a super cheap back-up seat to leave at her house?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Do you still has the infant carriers? If they haven't out grown them yet you could leave those with her. If that's not an option Walmart has convertibles for 29 something for spares.
  • Loading the player...
  • I just go with the idea that if it's a real emergency she will call 911, and otherwise I can come home quickly since I don't live far from work.
  • We bought my mom a cheapie to use once a week (she picks her up on Monday), but she also watches her 3 other days and doesn't necessarily need it those days. I think moving my one seat is a PITA, so I would buy her a couple cheap ones for just in case.

Like @ashcole28‌ said, if they still fit in the infant ones you could leave those and cross the convertible bridge when they outgrow the carriers completely.
  • I agree with leaving the carriers for now if that is an option.  If you will not be too far away I would not worry about leaving seats for twins though.  If there is a true emergency she can call 911.  Unless you are far away, I can't imagine a non-911 emergency where she could not wait for you to get there if she needs to go somewhere or one of the kids is sick, or whatever.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"