December 2014 Moms
Options

What time does your LO get up in the morning?

My five week old usually gets up around 6-7am and is bright eyed, ready to be awake.
This morning I really wanted to sleep in, so I did the normal motn thing, diaper change, nursed and tried rocking her to sleep. She looked at me like, "What do you think you're doing? Time to play!" So... that didn't quite work out for me.
But I'm curious-
How old is your baby and what time does he or she officially wake up in the morning?

Re: What time does your LO get up in the morning?

• Options
    LO is 7w 2d. She usually goes to sleep between 8-10pm and wakes up between 3-6am. I'm hoping we can keep this up when I go back to work next week. If she could go to sleep at 8 & and wake up at 5 that would be perfect! I'm probably going to jinx it now. :P
  • Options
    Bed at 8/8:30, if he wakes at 2 then he also wakes at 6 and then sleeps until 8/9. If he just wakes at 4 then he's up around 7/7:30 for the day.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jpagano113jpagano113 member
    edited January 2015
    Same with LO. She's 9 weeks. Sometimes though she will go
    To bed later at like 9-10 but always wakes up twice to eat in the night, once at 2-3 and then 5-6 am and wakes at 9 and takes a nap at 1030-11.

Bed at 8/8:30, if he wakes at 2 then he also wakes at 6 and then sleeps until 8/9. If he just wakes at 4 then he's up around 7/7:30 for the day.

• Options
    My kids have inherited my sleeping in gene =) My Lo is 6 weeks. She goes to bed between 8-11, wakes for one nighttime feeding, and is up for the day 8:30-9.
    If she wakes up earlier I do like you said and do the nighttime routine, so far I have been able to trick her into going back to sleep.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    It depends on when she gets her last bottle during the overnight shift. This morning she slept till 10 but she is pretty much wakes up between 8:30-9. 

#1-BFP 1/5/14...EDD 9/19/14...MC 1/28/14
    #2 BFP 4/15/14...EDD 12/26/14

• Options
    Whenever he wants. We have no schedule, but it's usually around 630-9 am. This will be interesting when I go back to work. Luckily that's not for a few more weeks.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Married DH May 2011
    BFP #1 - 3.28.14
    EDD - 12.10.14

• Options
    She's up between 6-7 every morning. However she slept all night last night 930pm-530am so I'll take it! Don't mind being up early if she sleeps all night
  • Options
    My LO is 7w3d and she goes to bed between 8:30 and 10 pm. Then is up to eat quick around 2-3am. Then again between 530 and 7ish. Then up for the day between 8 and 9am. I am hoping she will soon cut out that 530-7ish feeding! But it's hard because my DH gets up for work at 7am so either way she hears his alarm and wakes to eat.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

DH and I: Dating: 08/2008, Engaged: 02/2012, and Married: 03/13!
    Adopted our Pup: 08/2011

DD born on 12/03/2014, Emma!
    (TTC #1 (and only!): 12/25/13, BFP: 03/31/14, EDD: 12/05/14, Gender, girl: 07/16/14)

imageimage

• Options
    We put the girls down around 9:30 and they are up for the day sometime between 7:30 and 9am. They wake up at least once in the middle to eat. During the middle feeding we keep the lights low and try not to make eye contact or talk too much.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    With all of these posts, I have to ask, are these schedules you put them on or did they put themselves on it? My lo isn't up to the 8 week mark yet, we are doing a routine, but would love to have a semi-schedule if possible?
  • Options
    @BK0186‌ I'm following my LO's schedule. I started to notice he was getting tired around 7:30/8 most nights so instead of having him sleep in my arms for a few hours I started a bedtime routine and putting him in his crib. Now he goes to sleep lost night by 8/8:30 and sometimes wakes once and sometimes wakes twice but I non have my evening back to get things done or spend with DH.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks to both of you. Being a FTM I realize they sound like stupid questions but I've been struggling w the infant stage. I'll start keeping track of her sleep pattern and hopefully we can get something going also /:) @OhBaby+2013‌ did you notice a certain point that it got "easier"? I just don't feel like I'm picking up on her cues very well.
  • Options
    @BK0186‌ it gets easier everyday as you get to know your baby. With my first I felt the same way you do, that I wasn't picking up on the cues. Then i read a great book about baby sleep and I kept a log for a couple days. But I marked down sleep, awake, pee, poop, feeding start and stop times, fussy time and it was then that I started to see some pattern. I remember feeling so tired and when you are that tired it's hard to know what end is up. I would suggest keeping a log for a few days and see if there is any pattern, your LO may or may not to be at that point yet but it doesn't hurt to look for one. Lastly, try not to be hard on yourself, it's all new to both of you! ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks @OhBaby+2013‌. We are our own worst critic, especially when we don't know what we are doing lol. I'll try keeping track on my phone.
  • Options
    She usually gets up between 6 and 7am.  She is 5 weeks old.

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    4 weeks, we usually head to bed about 830 or 9, up for the morning around 7, sometimes hang out in bed and nurse until about 8
  • Options
    Oh, and were up several times during the night :)
  • Options
    Oh, and were up several times during the night :)
  • Options
    diz1313 said:

We put the girls down around 9:30 and they are up for the day sometime between 7:30 and 9am. They wake up at least once in the middle to eat. During the middle feeding we keep the lights low and try not to make eye contact or talk too much.

I love this part about not trying to make eye contact. I do the same with mine, like he's a black bear and will engage me in combat if our eyes connect. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

mine is eating every 3 hours still, except at night, he goes down around 8, wakes up around 1 or 2, then back to sleep and up at 5 or 6. But after feeding him again, he knocks out and I can usually go back to sleep for a couple hours. He's 5 weeks.
    First Time Mom

ITS A BOY!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"