August 2014 Moms
Options

Is your LO on an eating schedule?

I have a little cluster feeder on my hands. He ha no schedule whatsoever. Sometimes he'll eat every 2 hours, 1 hour or even 3. It's different every single time!

Does your little one eat on a schedule?

Re: Is your LO on an eating schedule?

• Options
    We are mostly on a schedule, but it has more to do with his sleep. We are on the EAS schedule, so eat, activity, sleep. But it is always at least 3 hrs between feeds, sometimes more if he sleeps longer. It seems to work reallu well for him!
  • Options
    Ditto PP - I didn't try to keep him to a schedule, but he naturally fell into the rhythm of sleep, eat, activity, so he nurses every time he wakes up and one MOTN. It works out to 6 times a day

image    image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same with us - we usually can go 3-4 hours between feedings during the day depending on nap length, and no MOTN feedings because LO finally can do at least a 7 hour stretch of sleep (woohoo!)
  • Options
    I'm EFF now and LO (almost 5 months) eats when he seems hungry, which is about every 3-4 hours. 
    Me:41  DH: 46 high count but poor motility & morphology
    TTC on and off since 2005

July 2012: Infertility tests started at OB/Gyn, HSG and HSN all clear
    Sept 2012: IUI #1 w/Clomid - BFN
    Oct 2012: IUI #2 w/Clomid - cancelled due to cyst
    Nov 2012: IUI #3 w/Clomid - BFN
    Break to move and find new PCP, OB/Gyn & RE
    Sept 2013: first appt with RE
    Nov / Dec 2013: IVF #1 with ICSI split
      Dec 6: Retrieval, 4 retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized
      Dec 11: Transferred 1 (Day 5)
      Dec 30:  HCG Beta, 4980. BFP!
     1 little bean!
    EDD: August 28 30 2014
    LO Arrived! August 31 2014

All Welcome!

image image
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat as OP. It's rare for LO to go more than 2 hours without eating (4.5 mo). I also typically nurse him to sleep for naps.
  • Options
    We've been following the EAS schedule also. At 4-6 months, it recommends feeding every 4 hours. Even if he sleeps 30 min (which is most naps) I don't feed him until he shows signs of hunger or it's getting close to 3.5-4 hours since his last feeding. I thrive on structure, and having to guess when he was hunger/tired wasn't working for us.
  • Options
    We're on a schedule for feedings because I couldn't handle "on demand". I had to supplement DS with formula for the first 3 months but since making it to ETB in early December, I'm careful to feed him every 2 hours during the day to make sure he's getting enough and to keep my supply up. He wakes to feed every 3-4 hours at night.
  • Options
    mindfulmama14mindfulmama14 member
    edited January 2015
    Yup, it looks like my LO is a hungry little chunk. Ha ha. Maybe once we do more solids he'll go longer than 2 hours.
  • Options
    Daycare helped a lot to get LO on a schedule. She naps three times a day (two of those are at daycare) and she eats 3 bottles (each 5 oz while she is at daycare)... Then I BF on demand at home, maybe once before bedtime.. And two-ish times through the night.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"