TTC after 35
Options

For those on Vit D

How much do you take? I just started 5000 IU.  Want to make sure I am taking it correctly.  When did you start noting the positive effects of the Vitamin?  
****Siggy Warning***
~Formerly ABabyMabe4us

Me(35) Him(35) Untied for life 4/1/2015.
TTC Our 1st since 8/2014
MC @ 7 weeks 5/2014
Me: DD#1 3/2000, DD#2 6/2001, DS 5/2003
BFP: 2/19/2015 EDD: 11/1/2015 IT'S A BOY!!!!

Re: For those on Vit D

• Options
    I only take 1000 IU.
    Don't really think I noticed any difference but I also didn't have symptoms of it being low either.

I really only take it because I avoid the sun like the plague.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    I am now on 2000 IU.  At one point they had me on prescription Vit D which I think was 50,000 IU which is A LOT.  but only to get me back to normal.  It takes a while to get in your system.  My endocrinologisnow has me on the 2000.  He does a blood test every other visit just to make sure ( so like every 16 months) that it is doing the trick. 

Too much is bad too, but unlikely.  If I remember correctly (going off the top of my head so look it up to be sure) it's fat soluable, which means if you take too much it takes a while to leave your system too. 

As far as when I noticed... I didn't.  I didn't know I was deficient.  It came up in a parathyroid set of blood tests.  That's a long story... but that's ok.  Just hoshimoto and synthroid, no parathyroid, calcium issues, and surgery so all was good. :)
    me:41   dh:43 
    Off Mirena Nov 2013, On Nuvaring end of Jan, Back off Sept 2014.  Never ending cycle starting end of Sept... 
    11/14 Provera failed... cycle continues 
    12/14 High FSH (57 "midcycle")  OBGYN had no clue... about anything 
    01/15 More lab results coming back from RE. U/S showed small (1")cyst on left ovary, thin lining, and couldn't locate right ovary so  possibly straight to DE and IVF 

Occassionally mess with the chart below to see "what if" and learn (not to make it pretty but because FF stays drunk with me).  

My Ovulation Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @hooligans4 yes I try to avoid the sun too.  I have melanoma in my family pretty bad, so the sun and I do not have a great relationship.  Moving to Florida though I think may have helped some since it is the Sunshine State. :)

@vh2014 a few years ago I was shown deficient through testing an endo did on me.  He said it was pretty bad and prescribed some awful high dosage.  It was checked again recently through blood work up and I was just told to take a supplement.  I have absorption issues to I figured 5000 IU would be a good start.  Was considering 10000 IU however, I didn't want to over do it.  
    ****Siggy Warning***
    ~Formerly ABabyMabe4us

Me(35) Him(35) Untied for life 4/1/2015.
    TTC Our 1st since 8/2014
    MC @ 7 weeks 5/2014
    Me: DD#1 3/2000, DD#2 6/2001, DS 5/2003
    BFP: 2/19/2015 EDD: 11/1/2015 IT'S A BOY!!!!

• Options
    I take 4000 IU. I ALS haven't really noticed a change but I've been on it a while :)
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    I've been taking Vitamin D for the past 2 years or so since I was told I had low Vitamin D. My PNV's have some but I also take 1000IU a day.
  • Options
    I take 1000 every day plus whats in PN's and I take 50,000 once a week because I am severely deficient.  However my regular endocrinologist put me on the 50k, it's not something you can get on your own and its been a long time for me to get my levels up.  
    Me: 40  
    TTC #1: 3 years
    Me: Type II Diabetic
    Started with RE 11/2014
    Going through IUI with Donor Sperm

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"