TTC after 35

I hate to put this here, ladies. Much <3 to you

Hey everyone! I really hate putting this here because I am sure, like me, you all hate drama. I usually stay out of it but I feel very passionate about this topic. 

I know that this board has not been impacted by the shit storm that happened over the last week, and I have to admit, I wasn't impacted much either. Until they started messing with the ladies of TTCAL. TTCAL, just like you ladies here, helped me through the shittiest times of my life. 

I am sure many of you don't know how things played out and I didn't really think about it when it happened outside at boards I didn't frequent. Yesterday they fired the remaining mods that stayed behind trying to help rebuild the loss community and decided to pay mods, which means staff of The Bump. That means they fucked over one very awesome lady, Petra. She surely didn't deserve to be treated the way she was. I understand that this is a business but I can't stay somewhere that has total disregard for the ladies that have made the community, the ones that have gone through the losses and the heartache. I liked it in TTCAL here because there were no rainbow and glitter farts, there was honestly. Sometimes it may have seemed brutal but it came from a good place. I can't stay somewhere that has lost all of the ladies that helped support me, and all of the knowledge that was lost. 

Luckily there was a  place already created where all of the wonderful ladies could go. I am not trying to sway anyone to go there, that is not my intent. I just wanted you to know because I may get banned from here and I didn't want to leave without saying good bye...and thank you. I want to say I will be available vis PM but that is not the case if I get banned. 

I have so much <3 and respect for all of you and it's hard for me to leave but as I said, I feel very passionate about this. 

I hope you ladies don't look at me any different for posting this and I apologize if I bring any drama to your board. 

I will still be thinking of each and every one of you, and I continue cheering you on for your BFP's and sending positive thoughts that those that got their BFP have a healthy and happy 9 months. *hugs* 
I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

Re: I hate to put this here, ladies. Much &lt;3 to you

• I agree!! I joined the other board last night but still checking in here and not happy about the mods being banned. Love to all of you!!!
    TTC#1 since Aug 2013, I'm 37, DH 41.  
    Maya Arvigo Abdominal massage (daily self care), plus TTC meditations.
    I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
    July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
    DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
    Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
    Seriously considering IVF in March/April
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
  • Much love to you @Nikolie93‌, I understand and respect your choice. I may lurk over there but it's hard to keep up with 2 boards and I want to be a good supportive "friend" so I don't want to split my time. You'll always be in my thoughts and prayers!
    **Losses Mentioned**
    Me 41, DH 38 
    TTC #1 since 9/2014 AMH 3.68, FSH 6.6
    IUI#1 12-02-2015 Letrozol, Gonal-F, Pregnyl, Acupuncture, BFP 12-17-2015 beta 1=72, beta 2=64, beta 3=10 MC 12-20-14 
    IUI#2 01-08-2015 Letrozol, Gonal-F, Pregnyl, Acupuncture, BFP 01-23-2015 beta 1=151, beta 2=450, beta 3=6524, beta 4= 29380 u/s at 7w5d baby with heartbeat measuring 6w2d. u/s 2-24 gestational sac only, beta 59400 MC 2-24-15 @ 8w6d D&C 2-27-15. Pathology results 47XX +20

Diagnosis AMA and compound heterozygous MTHFR
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks, ladies! 

Like I said, I didn't post this to sway you either way and I understand how hard it is to straddle the boards. I am judging no one that stays here, I want you to know that. 

I just didn't want to go away completely without saying anything which may happen if I get banned! 
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Going to miss ya.
    I do not agree with what they did but I will be staying put.
    This has been my community for many years and like you said all the stuff that has been happening has not effected our board.
    I will check up on my friends who have left but I will be here to welcome some new friends.
    I wish you well @Nikolie93‌

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• I completely understand @hooligans4 <3 

• I'm a straddler at the moment, I support all here that I've come to know and hate to leave anyone behind; however the way all has been handled has been so poor I cannot stay here forever.  As I am slowly leaving my ttc journey it is a natural end to my appearance here anyway.  Best wishes for all to achieve their desires!
  • @kelley72 if you, unfortunately, get to that point regarding your TTC journey and need to talk, you know where to find me!

• I'm straddling too.  Waiting on my test results from RE to really decide what to do.  Love this board.  Had been lurking and just introduced on 3T and it did have an effect over there.  I don't understand why Naria was banned but I chalked that up to lurking and not being active.  Rumbera did an excellent job of keeping composed and professional during the whole thing so it really put me out that they did not handle that well.  And I've been following all of the trash on both sides from afar and not really sure what I want to do yet.  My community though is wherever the girls I've met on here are so I'll probably be in both places until I get results and figure out where everyone is.  I hate 2 boards too, but the admins really screwed this one up. As long as I fit here I won't leave this board.... but after I don't fit here (FX it's for BFP but even if its because it doesn't work out) there won't be anywhere else on TB for me to go so I'll leave.  I'll check in periodically to say hello... but I won't be moving on to another board. 

I advertised with TK when I was a photographer and did not have a great experience.  Given the overall community and loyalty I might have though about recommending the TB....but not now. I am still very unimpressed with the management.  The community, I love... clearly the management has some growing to do. 
    me:41   dh:43 
    Off Mirena Nov 2013, On Nuvaring end of Jan, Back off Sept 2014.  Never ending cycle starting end of Sept... 
    11/14 Provera failed... cycle continues 
    12/14 High FSH (57 "midcycle")  OBGYN had no clue... about anything 
    01/15 More lab results coming back from RE. U/S showed small (1")cyst on left ovary, thin lining, and couldn't locate right ovary so  possibly straight to DE and IVF 

Occassionally mess with the chart below to see "what if" and learn (not to make it pretty but because FF stays drunk with me).  

My Ovulation Chart
  • @vh2014 I truly hope that you get your BFP <3 

• Well, they are starting to delete my posts and stuff so it's just a matter of time. I shall never forget you ladies!!

• TomRiddle thank you!  I got the rest but had no idea why in the world they would ban Naria.  (Still don't but at least that explains their convuluted knowledge). I'm already "there" now that I've finally gotten past activation. 

me:41   dh:43 
    Off Mirena Nov 2013, On Nuvaring end of Jan, Back off Sept 2014.  Never ending cycle starting end of Sept... 
    11/14 Provera failed... cycle continues 
    12/14 High FSH (57 "midcycle")  OBGYN had no clue... about anything 
    01/15 More lab results coming back from RE. U/S showed small (1")cyst on left ovary, thin lining, and couldn't locate right ovary so  possibly straight to DE and IVF 

Occassionally mess with the chart below to see "what if" and learn (not to make it pretty but because FF stays drunk with me).  

My Ovulation Chart
  • gah! I travel for work and I come back to all my friends disappearing. :( 
  • @Nikolie93 - I am new here and have only briefly seen/heard a little of the drama but I wish you the best of luck. You always have such nice, positive responses to every comment and I love you cat siggy. :>
  • What happened to Petra is shocking to me too.......its definitely a slap in the face to the members of the boards. Those boards are going to be lacking anyone with the knowledge to support anyone new to  the experience of a loss.....myself included. 

I have to straddle both boards because there are people here like @hooligans4  (there are more but she is an outstanding example to me at the moment)that if I missed her BFP or was gone at a time she needed help/support I would feel like i was abandoning the ladies who were here for me. As it is I feel bad enough when work gets busy and Im gone for days at a time. 

I do fear the aftermath of board that becomes too slow across the board.........that even the active members will find no reason to keep checking in if they feel every time they come here there is nothing new. 
    SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 
  • I can't quit you ladies 100% on this board. I'm still in the background.. Cheering you all on :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"