with events happening elsewhere on this site — The Bump
Special Needs

with events happening elsewhere on this site

I guess most of you probably know that a bunch of people left the bump recently.

Do most of you(auntie in particular) plan on participating on this board? I have found it so good to lurk and post. I'm wondering how many of you guys plan on leaving. Or you can just ignore this if it is not my business.

Just want to add that I find strength to deal with my life when I know that I am not alone in this. You guys are awesome :)

[Deleted User]Princess_Lily

Re: with events happening elsewhere on this site

• If Auntie was fired as Mod then I'm probably out but I'll wait for confirmation.
    I hang out at GBCN on proboards except this board anyway. 
    POF DE gave us our Miracle
    April '09 BFN
    Sept. '09 Fet BFN
    Dec. 11 '09 FET... hpt 12/18
    Beta 12/21 151 Beta 2 12/23 284
    U/S 1/6/10 1 healthy baby w/ Heartbeat
    August 24, 2010 Sweetpea is born!

[IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/67p4t4.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/2ly1xz5.jpg[/IMG]
  • Wow. This makes me sad.  I don't post a lot but I have gotten so much from this board.
  • I have been a lurky loo for a while because I have been busy with PTA stuff at Nate's school. Sorry! I have been reading the brags! I have no idea what all the drama is about. I have only read a couple of threads and sorta get the gist. I have no kinda time to go back to old threads and figure it out. I am not going anywhere. Seems like there is a mass exodus to another board about once a year. I was just thinking last week that things seemed kinda tame and boring on Parenting where I also lurk.
    WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• This particular mass exodus has taken entire boards (including lurkers) from here to the new place.....boards that were hopping, like the cloth diaper board where I spend most of my time are now ghost towns with few new threads/posts related to the board topic.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • This particular mass exodus has taken entire boards (including lurkers) from here to the new place.....boards that were hopping, like the cloth diaper board where I spend most of my time are now ghost towns with few new threads/posts related to the board topic.

Yeah, but the posts about "abandoning ship" and others seem to be made by 3-4 people (who may actually be one person with multiple screen names)

Again, I don't know the whole story. It seems like The Bump had to make a decision about moderators and unfortunately had to clean house of everyone.

I am just waiting it out. This shit happens about every 2-3 years. I am not ready to follow the Piper. (Yet) ;)
    WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• I mean, why let drama on the other boards affect our group?

If there is more to it then someone PM me.

It is not like a paid moderator is gonna rain on our parade here. They would be completely our if their depth.
    WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• d.fd.f member
    Ninth Anniversary 250 Love Its 500 Comments Photogenic
    I'll go where the people here go.  I have no loyalty to the Bump.  This is the only Nest/Bump board I'm still on.  My main board mass exodus-ed to a private board in 2010 (I think- it was whenmy 6 year old was between 12-24 months and my local left to a separate proboard at the same time that GBCN was created because of the cluster that made the boards unusable for a while.  

DS 09/2008

• I'm not auntie, but I'm a former mod. All mods were de-modded.
    Long story short - TB unjustly banned a ton of mods and users for allegedly telling people about upcoming changes to the TOU. Except Bump May admitted on the mod board that TB just wanted a lot of posters gone because people were giving the app bad reviews bc of the blunt attitudes on the forums.
    Then they released the new tou, which were apparently just guidelines, and started banning more people. They told us mods to hang on and we spent a week helping them figure out how to proceed. Then they ditched us.
    So that's the short version. Sorry to barge in; I was lurking and happened to see this!

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

[Deleted User][Deleted User]Princess_LilyMeagain31
  • I mean, why let drama on the other boards affect our group? If there is more to it then someone PM me. It is not like a paid moderator is gonna rain on our parade here. They would be completely our if their depth.
    This is what concerns me. I don't like the idea of someone who isn't part of the SN world moderating our board. They won't get it and depending may be a PIA/interfere in things they shouldn't.
    POF DE gave us our Miracle
    April '09 BFN
    Sept. '09 Fet BFN
    Dec. 11 '09 FET... hpt 12/18
    Beta 12/21 151 Beta 2 12/23 284
    U/S 1/6/10 1 healthy baby w/ Heartbeat
    August 24, 2010 Sweetpea is born!

[IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/67p4t4.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/2ly1xz5.jpg[/IMG]
    flerlgirlPrincess_Lily
  • I mean, why let drama on the other boards affect our group? If there is more to it then someone PM me. It is not like a paid moderator is gonna rain on our parade here. They would be completely our if their depth.

If it was drama from just other boards it would be one thing, however, it became something that involves/impacts all boards. I was planning to stay until the dust settled before making any decision but empty boards provide nothing......so I moved, but still check in here.....then they got rid of ALL mods without notice and a few other hold outs gave up.....

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • I plan to go there and stay here.

Some new people will come that have no clue about what happened with all the drama looking for help or advice like many of us have come in when we were most desperate and raising a child with special needs.

I am going to take any advice with a grain of salt from a paid moderator.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Princess_LilyMeagain31
  • I plan to go there and stay here.

Some new people will come that have no clue about what happened with all the drama looking for help or advice like many of us have come in when we were most desperate and raising a child with special needs.

I am going to take any advice with a grain of salt from a paid moderator.
    This is sorta how i feel.

A moderators job is not to give advice and I doubt they would even be more than a fly on the wall. Their job is to watch for violations of the "recommendations to posters", cut spam and other malicious postings.

More than likely, they decided to go to paid moderators so the boards are monitored consistently in both manner and duration. An unpaid monitor, who is also a member of the community they moderate, can muddy the waters IMO. (nothing against you Auntie!) I think it would be really hard to be an unpaid monitor and be completely fair when posters violating the rules are also your efriends.
    WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• andplusalso....Why go off and set grenades in all the boards (in which you never even participated) and basically destroy communities because you have decided to leave. Just Leave.

I get it that people are pissed and why. But did they really have to create all the collateral damage? What happens when 'they' get pissed at proboards? Is everyone going to just fold up and go someplace new again?

Argh! I just got a call from Nate's school which is now dismissing early! dammit. Marylanders a a bunch of wimps when it comes to snow.......Gotta do other things........
    WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• andplusalso....Why go off and set grenades in all the boards (in which you never even participated) and basically destroy communities because you have decided to leave. Just Leave.

I get it that people are pissed and why. But did they really have to create all the collateral damage? What happens when 'they' get pissed at proboards? Is everyone going to just fold up and go someplace new again?

Argh! I just got a call from Nate's school which is now dismissing early! dammit. Marylanders a a bunch of wimps when it comes to snow.......Gotta do other things........
    You have a point and I agree with you, Assembly!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Assembly_ReqdPrincess_Lily
  • No idea either what all went down but I came on to read and post a brag and saw some of these posts and recommendations to go to another board.  Went there and it's all so confusing - don't like the layout, don't know anyone (everyone changed their name it seems).  *sigh*

I dunno, maybe I'll start posting there but I won't abandon this place.  This was the first place I came to when I was dealing with the possibility of a DX and I got so much help and solace, I wouldn't want someone else to be denied that.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Princess_Lily
  • I wasn't gonna go until auntie said she was leaving. I don't particularly care what happened at other boards and I actually agree that some posters were really rude on the regular, and that included mods. I also hate the format of the pro boards. It's really confusing. But, I get so much info, advice and support from auntie and the crew of long time regs from this board, that if they are gone, I basically have no reason to be here.
  • I found this because I'm trying to figure out where everyone went.. so where did they go? I still plan on staying on TB but I want to know/see where the others went. Is it a new site? If you're not allowed to say can someone email me or text me? I'm going to be needing a place to "settle" down soon if we decide to TTC. And I miss the moms from my sons birth month/year.