Breastfeeding

International Travel with Breastmilk

Hi, All.

I'm currently out of the US on a business trip. I had things set up with a company to overnight bottles of breast milk back to my husband, but customs has held up the coolers and bottles. In the meantime, I've been storing the milk in the fridge at my hotel. My flight leaves Friday morning, so I'm planning on taking the milk with me through customs (Right now, the soonest the milk would reach my husband would be Thursday...at this point it might make more sense to just bring it back with me).

Has anyone had experience with travelling internationally and going through customs with breast milk? Any tips?
July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

Re: International Travel with Breastmilk

• Wow, I remember when the bump actually was a place to get your questions answered. What a joke.
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• Truthfully, maybe no one has experienced this otherwise I am sure they would have answered. It is a pretty unique situation. Hopefully someone has an answer sooner than later for you.
  • Loading the player...
  • I traveled with BM, flew back and forth betw Europe and the US. I only had a bottle or so, for use when taking off, so not sure how helpful that is for you. But I had no issues. In Europe they didn't even test it, just let me go through. The US side ran that test where they open the bottle and wave some test paper above it.

Also, no need to get all pissy over here. If you want answers urgently then contact TSA or someone like that... Here people are not obligated to sit and wait in case someone posts a question...
  • Don't know about BM, but getting through TSA is suckily inconsistent in my experiences. My mother just had an issue traveling with hwr insulin, b/c she didn't freeze her cold packs to solid before packing her insulin in carry on.... best bet is call the airline, or check it- frozen if you can.... good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"