November 2014 Moms
Options

Very sleepy baby (7w1d)

Hey ladies! Paranoid ftm back again lol ;)

Norah has been extra sleepy for the last week or so...basically skipping the "play" between eat and sleep or at least only staying awake for 15-20 min max, unless she's so sleepy and that she's upset, in which case she'll stay up longer fussing. When she nurses, she's regressing back to falling asleep early on, which is what she used to do when she was first born and it lead to slow weight gain (didn't get back to birth weight until almost 1 month old). I used to be paranoid back then that I wasn't making enough milk. Now, I think I am, but recently she's sleepy and not really nursing as well as she had been and so I'm kind of worried she's just eating enough to get rid of the super hunger pangs but not enough to fully satisfy herself so she's just falling asleep instead...? I know it's probably a growth spurt or something but it's been a week of this so I'm starting to get a little worried, especially with her history of slow weight gain and that I used to supplement her with 2oz formula after she nursed (something I only do now at her bedtime feeding).

I don't know guess I'm worried that I stopped supplementing and shouldn't have...? Also she has never been a frequent pooper so that's been a difficult sign to read as well...lots of wets though and when she does poop it's the right color/texture and a LOT. Pedi used to be concerned with infrequency of poops when she was first born but not so much now because it just seems to be her norm...

Figured I'd post an essay to liven up the ghost town ;) any tips or been-there-done-thats would be very reassuring :) TIA
October Challenge: How I feel about the 3rd trimester:

Throwback: Hubby and I on our first date (Nov 2007), and then again on our wedding day (Nov 2012)

Re: Very sleepy baby (7w1d)

• Options
    I feel like I could have written this! My little guy was extra sleepy for a few days and while he was eating frequently, he wasn't eating much because he would fall asleep.

He was also slow to gain weight so I had to supplement which then caused him horrible tummy issues. We went through 4 different types of formula before settling on Nutragimen which he hates and won't drink much of. Now I'm left worrying that he isn't getting enough breast milk even though he has plenty of wet diapers and enough poops(I think). He went two days without popping but then it was HUGE so the Dr told me not to worry.

I'm anxious for his 2 month check up so I can see how he is doing on weight gain. Of course, I just read the 2 month stats thread and saw all kinds of chubby babies and am worried more now. I am going to be happy if LO weighs 11 pounds but I'm not sure he will even be that much.

Anyway, I was far from helpful but at least now you know you aren't alone in your worries, lol!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"