August 2014 Moms
Options

Meds Allergy:(

aly&samaly&sam member
edited January 2015 in August 2014 Moms
DS had his first ear infection a week ago and he was put on amoxicillin. Saturday morning, the day after he stopped the meds, he broke out in a rash. It was mild at first but got REALLY bad yesterday and we noticed a low grade fever. We took him to the ER since his pedi wouldn't be open until tomorrow. It turns out he's allergic to the amoxicillin! He's been on the meds to help with the reaction for two days now and his rash is already clearing up!
This is what the rash looked like Sunday morning. It got much worse by Sunday afternoon.

Edited because I don't know how to "spoke".

Re: Meds Allergy:(

• Options
    Hope he is starting to feel better!
                             imageimageimage
              Emma June 8/22/2014
  • Options
    Thanks! He's already doing much better! Just glad we caught it before it got any worse
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh. I'm allergic to amoxicillin. Those rashes are just awful. Hope he's feeling better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Glad he's doing better!

• Options
    Good job mommy for catching it in time!  Glad he is going OK!
  • Options
    DH is allergic to amoxicillin and I am allergic to erythromycin and sulfa drugs (Bactria, especially). I am terrified of the day we have to give her an antibiotic! @aly&sam are you allergic to anything?
    TTC Since January 2012 Me:37 DH:34      DX July 2013: Unexplained Infertility      New DX Dec 2013: DOR
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/13/13 M/C 6/6/12  BFP#2 2/21/13 EDD 11/3/13 M/C 2/26/13 BFP#3 C/P
    4 rounds of clomid, 2 with IUI = BFN
    November/December Retesting/Natural Cycle = Surprise BFP @ 11dpo! Beta#1 76.6@13dpo Beta #2 276@15dpo u/s#1 6w2d hb113 u/s#2 8w2d, measuring 8w4d hb168! 10w2d hb171 12w3d Verifi results are in and good! EDD 8/23 Our Baby Girl Rainbow Baby born 8/20/2014!!!
    Um...what? BFP 11/2/15!?! EDD 7/4/16
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! Woke up today with the rash almost completely gone(: those steroids really work fast!
    @Allison7‌ not medicine wise! Neither me nor bf is. At least that we know of. My youngest brother is allergic to amoxicillin also though. He broke out in the same rash when he was a baby. I never even thought to be careful with giving E any:/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"