1st Trimester

confirmation letter??

My ex boyfriend does not believe I am pregnant and wants a "confirmation letter" from the clinic, is this something they will give me if I ask? Or will I need to get it from my actual OBGYN? 

Re: confirmation letter??

• Unless it's his, I'd tell him to eff off.
    Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married 2010
    TTC: Feb 2014, BFP 7/14/14, CP 7/18/14
    BFP 3/10/15 - DD #1 born 11/19
    TTC #2: Oct 2017, BFP 12/19/17, CP 12/22/17
    BFP 2/20/18 - EDD 10/31/2018
  • The baby is his. he said he won't help me financially unless I get a confirmation letter. 
  • Loading the player...
  • In CA planned parenthood gives proof of pregnancy paper to take to get med-cal
  • yes he does not want to take responsibility and only will if i get a confirmation letter. I am thinking I might as welll just wait and give him the paternity test when the baby is born. 
  • I had to get one for work with my due date on it, maybe they could do something like that? Your ex sounds like a real winner. Sorry you're dealing with that.

• arie2173 said:

The baby is his. he said he won't help me financially unless I get a confirmation letter. 

That's cool. He can wait until he gets hit up with an official court order then.

If you mean you need help right now, I'm not sure about a confirmation letter. It doesn't hurt to ask. It shouldn't matter to him if it's from a clinic or an OB. If not, can't you just show him a positive pregnancy test?
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • In CA planned parenthood gives proof of pregnancy paper to take to get med-cal

Cool, didn't know that.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Pregnancy Ticker

• This is something you need to be discussing with your OB, not strangers on a public forum.  Yes, they can write you a pregnancy confirmation letter, as they routinely send them for uninsured mothers to get state/federal medical insurance based on immenent need.  

January Signature: Favorite "mean girl" from television - Margaery Tyrell and Cersei Lannister, I can't choose between them.
    reaction animated GIF

game of thrones margaery tyrell gif

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sounds like even if you get him some type of "letter" he still won't believe it's his. I would wait until the baby is born, get a paternity test and file for child support ASAP.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I agree, I doubt the confirmation letter will be enough. He probably will want proof the baby is his
  • My BF didn't believe I was at first...after I showed him the positive test....he went out and bought another box for me to pee in front of him...no problem...it turned in like 2 seconds!! He was still in shock...so at the first appointment he went too....and the doctor confirmed...so he heard it from the horses mouth! He also went to my second appointment which she did an U/S and we saw our little peanut!

it exist....I received a proof of pregnancy at my first appointment.....it was just given at the end of my appointment.

I wouldn't be difficult.....give him the proof of pregnancy and go from there..... good luck

• I got a confirmation letter from my Doc.  It just states I am pregnant and under Dr. Soandso's care, and the due date.  I needed it for work to be accommodated from certain duties.  It's fairly common around here to get one.  And it didn't cost me a thing.
  • I'm not sure a confirmation letter will make him help you, unfortunately. Wait and get a paternity test and then take him to court.
  • Based on the fact that OP only had one other discussion that was posted back in April and was about drama with whether or not to have an abortion because the baby daddy did not want her to keep it as it was the result of a one night stand...I am saying that this is either all MUD or the OP has a tragically drama filled life.
  • Miz_Liz said:
    Based on the fact that OP only had one other discussion that was posted back in April and was about drama with whether or not to have an abortion because the baby daddy did not want her to keep it as it was the result of a one night stand...I am saying that this is either all MUD or the OP has a tragically drama filled life.
    Definitely MUD. Otherwise OP has the worst taste in men. Ever. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"