Parenting after a Loss

**~Healthy Living Check in 1.19~**

Hi Ladies! Just filling in for our lovely leader. I hope you all had a great week! So, did the ladies using a fitbit gadget have a little extra motivation with the competition??

Everyone is welcome to join us at any time! We all have different goals here.

How did you do with your goals last week?

Any challenges?

What are your goals for this week?

QOTW: Did you play any team sports, or participate in any athletic activities when you were younger?

imageimage

Me:41/ lean PCOS, 2 clotting disorders, IC/ DH:41~ TTC since 1/11
Clomid 50mg,100mg,150mg | Injectables + IUI#1 & IUI#2= BFN
IVF#1~ 8/2012~ 13 frosties~ BFP! OHSS
12/4/12 Luke & Kyle born @ 18 weeks
SHG+ Hysteroscopy+ FET= BFP | Cerclage+ Lovenox+ 5m Bed Rest
~Our wee guy is here! 11/27/13~

PAL January Siggy Challenge~ Good Advice

Re: **~Healthy Living Check in 1.19~**

• How did you do with your goals last week? I would say, just OK. I did one or two days of yoga, but my meals were not the usual. I felt like I was all over the map last week.

Any challenges? Hormones played a huge part in my poor week. I just did not crave the good stuff I love, and I felt a little sluggish.

What are your goals for this week? Fill my tupperware with salad greens, cardio and yoga.

QOTW: Did you play any team sports, or participate in any athletic activities when you were younger? I was a softball player from the age of nine for my city, then played varsity throughout HS (plus one year of HS field hockey that was enough for me!). I was also a dancer, and taught aerobics in HS and college.

imageimage

• How did you do with your goals last week?

I did pretty well. Cooked most nights and had healthy lunches. Stuck to my low calorie treats and had fruits and veggies for snacks. Did zumba on Saturday and did a lot of walking around this weekend. Opted for water and tea over juice or soda most of the time.

Any challenges?

My cookie and ice cream cravings are ridiculous. The healthier versions of them are not doing it for me. I want peanut butter chocolate chip cookies and real ice cream so bad. I did cave one day and had Chick fil a and a cookie for lunch. I think these cravings are part of why I dont feel satisfied in the evenings leading me to want to keep eating. I was also super lazy and did 0 exercise during the week. Too cold and drizzly.

What are your goals for this week? Get out during the week at least twice, figure out a way to feel satisfied without going sugar/fat crazy, add one session of high intensity exercise during the week.

QOTW: Did you play any team sports, or participate in any athletic activities when you were younger?

I did many things. Ballet, ice skating, tennis, t ball, tap, swim team, track, mountain biking... I only did two things for any length of time. Gymnastics from age 2-8 and my one true love, horseback riding starting at 7. I ride english and used to compete in hunter/jumper shows.
    Me- 29, DH - 28
    BFP #1 9/27/2013, EDD 6/10/2014, Mmc 11/01/2013, completed with misoprostol 11/8/2013
    BFP #2 2/5/2014, EDD 10/15/2014, Lillian Verletta born 10/23/14
    Daisypath Friendship tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    PAL January Siggy Challenge: Good Advice
  • Loading the player...
  • @classicstar28‌ My cravings are more crunchy snacks or pasta, and some weeks just have to include spaghetti. Do you like working out to DVD's? I have quite a few of various workouts that I enjoy, but never really got into the Zumba set I bought a few years ago. Do you ever try Zumba at home since you enjoy it? Especially when the weather is crummy..

imageimage

• Wifey xo said:
    @classicstar28‌ My cravings are more crunchy snacks or pasta, and some weeks just have to include spaghetti. Do you like working out to DVD's? I have quite a few of various workouts that I enjoy, but never really got into the Zumba set I bought a few years ago. Do you ever try Zumba at home since you enjoy it? Especially when the weather is crummy..
    I feel like getting the Ben and Jerry's ice cream I've been eyeing and just eating like a 1/4 of a cup to satisfy my cravings every so often. I actually only have one DVD that goes with the exercise ball my mom got me for labor.  It's not a bad workout, but I like Zumba because it's more like dancing around instead of do this many lunges, x number of jumping jacks, etc.  We do have the Chromecast and I've used it to play YouTube videos of Just Dance to try and exercise.  I did that with my students back when I was teaching for indoor recess.  I just realized yesterday that I could use it to play Zumba dances and do it at home.  Probably won't try it today since DH wont be home until 6:40, but maybe tomorrow when he's back at 4:30.

Oh and I usually work out inside anyway.  I can handle walks but I get wheezy if I try to run or anything. I am severely allergic to cedar.  I see them all over turning orange with pollen and I want to burn them down.  I'm hoping next winter will be better with allergy shots.  One of my least favorite things about living in Texas.  At least there's no ice or snow here?
    Me- 29, DH - 28
    BFP #1 9/27/2013, EDD 6/10/2014, Mmc 11/01/2013, completed with misoprostol 11/8/2013
  • @classicstar28‌ oooh, I'm also in TX- 45 minutes north of the big D. Tate and I get out in the stroller every cloudy day we get( or very early). The sun just seems to blast him right under the canopy. Before pregnancy, DH and I were always on our mountain bikes when it wasn't 104F. I bought a spinning bike identical to the one at my gym, and it has been a savior since I had my son. I just don't get to the gym like I used to, just workout at home. I have been here for almost 19 years, and my allergies have gone from severe, to mild. I'm not sure what has changed.

imageimage

• Wifey xo said:
    @classicstar28‌ oooh, I'm also in TX- 45 minutes north of the big D. Tate and I get out in the stroller every cloudy day we get( or very early). The sun just seems to blast him right under the canopy. Before pregnancy, DH and I were always on our mountain bikes when it wasn't 104F. I bought a spinning bike identical to the one at my gym, and it has been a savior since I had my son. I just don't get to the gym like I used to, just workout at home. I have been here for almost 19 years, and my allergies have gone from severe, to mild. I'm not sure what has changed.
    We are in the Austin area.  I was born here and have only lived elsewhere for 2 years so...27 years for me.  My allergies are not quite as bad as they were 10 years ago, but they are still pretty awful.  DH and I both hate the heat, but I hate ice and snow more.  He runs before the sun comes up and I stick to being inside except when I get to ride.  Then I go at dawn when it's hot.  We are hoping to spend our summers in Colorado with his family since we are both teachers in the future.
    Me- 29, DH - 28
  • @classicstar28‌ Colorado would be a nice break for sure. My parents live right on Lake Ontario, just outside of Toronto. I always plan our visits for the summer months.

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"