August 2014 Moms

Tylenol...is there anything better?

my LO is teething. It keeps getting worse and worse, but no teeth yet. I use the Hyland teething tablets, oragel (at times), and have no tried Tylenol (before bed) 3 times....I was hoping Tylenol would be so comforting and calming but I don't see that happening....

Does anyone having any other suggestings for these darn teeth?

I have also tried the tummy calm.

Re: Tylenol...is there anything better?

• jendem8jendem8 member
    edited January 2015
    Tylenol typically helps DD, but I also will let her suck on a cool, wet rag or massage her gums with my fingers.

Be careful with Orajel... I know there are some concerns about using it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you! @jendem8 I tried the rag and other toys. These things seem to help during the day but as soon as night falls nothing helps.

I didn't realize the oragel warnings. I thought it was mostly a concern bc it could numb throat preventing swallowing.

How often do you give Tylenol?
  • Loading the player...
  • I believe there are warnings with hyland tablets too. We've been putting a plastic teether in the freezer, then holding it to his gums and he seems to find instant relief.

image    image
  • @rstarrlemaitre‌ they were recalled in 2010 but since then have changed the dosage in each tablet to be more consistent. Now the product is safer but it isn't FDA Approved. I have done my research on them
  • We put an ice cube in a wet rag and rubber band it down then give it to LO. He goes to town!
    Mrs. H
    Crohn's Dx: August 2008
    Endometriosis Dx: May 2010
    Married: 05/19/2012
    TTC #1: June 2013
    BFP: December 2013
    DS: Born 08/29/2014
    TTC #2: July 2015

BFP #2: September 25, 2015

• I spoke to an on-call nurse and the dosage for DD's weight (13.3 lbs) is 2.5 mL every 4-6 hours.  No more than 5 doses in 24 hours.

I use Little Remedies Acetaminophen which has 160 mg per 5 mL.  If you have any dosing questions or concerns, you can call your pediatrician or after-hours number.  

Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Pumpkin Butt teething oil.  Only helps for about 10 min but it works instantly, at night this is usually long enough to calm him and get him to sleep or a buffer until the Tylenol kicks in.

I HATE TEETH!!!

• Ibuprofen works the best for teething but it can't be given until 6 months.  LOL I think it's one of the milestones I'm looking forward to most!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"