August 2014 Moms

Pump inconsistencies

Does anyone else have issus with the pressure on their pump varying? I have a Medela insurance pump. Most days I have it slightly past "on" for the pressure. Then randomly it practically stretches me to the moon when I have it as low as possible. Today is one of those days and oww...

Re: Pump inconsistencies

• Not sure what happened to mine, but if I turn it up more than half way it sounds like it's chugging along about to die. But... At least it does that consistently!

first son stillborn 7/20/13 at 39 weeks due to Acute Fatty Liver of Pregnancy
    It's a girl! Baby Anna was born August 3, 2014!

• Pink021 said:

not here
    Do you get the same amount at these pumping times?

Not that I have noticed but my output varies so much it would be hard to tell if that was the cause.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry you're having that issue!

Just FYI for ladies worried about durability that I used my PISA on high several times a day for a year and am now using it for baby #2. It does make noise but is still seemingly running strong. I have a new PISA that I got via insurance but it's currently living at home so I don't have to tote a pump back and forth daily.
  • I wonder about this for my pisa. Last week I got milk in the tubes (no idea how! It started a few minutes into a pump session) and then milk was squirting out of the holes tubes go into. I checked on the website and it said just clean the tubes and face plate. I did...but I am substantially getting less milk. 8- 10 oz a time to now 4-6 oz. Or maybe baby girl is eating more? No idea what to tell you :(
  • I had this problem and ended up changing my membranes and it's like I have a new machine! definitely was the root of the problem!
  • Don't be afraid to call the pump manufacturer! I had a Hygeia I was having issues with and I called and we first tried to troubleshoot then they ended up just replacing it :D
  • Yes, I bought new ones around Christmas. I honestly think she is going through a growth spurt and is milking me dry. Boobies need to catch up!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"