August 2014 Moms
Options

Increasing Breast milk

I got sick over New Years, and since then my supply has dwindled. I've been drinking the mother's milk tea. Any suggestions or tips on increasing my supply?

Re: Increasing Breast milk

• Options
    @Pink021‌ may I ask.... Were you eating instant oatmeal or the real oats kind of oatmeal? I need to boost my supply and I would love to just eat the instant oatmeal with the dehydrated fruit in it but I have been told that instant oatmeal doesn't count.
  • Options
    @Pink021‌ how do you make granola? Do you have a recipe? Please help....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi, I'm a bit of a lurker here, but I've had this issue also. Lots of skin to skin, nurse as much as possible. Also, drink a ton of water. Regular oatmeal is definitely better than instant. I make it every morning with dried fruit and flaxseed meal which will also help boost your supply. Keep drinking the tea. If you have a pump, pump for about 10 min after each feeding (or as many times a day as you can). It will take a bit of time, but your supply will increase. Good luck, mama!

Lindsay & Nicholas

12/21/11

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I had a similar issue when I got sick. I tried pumping after every feeding and then additional pumps in between feeds. I had good success with steel cut oats and also brewers yeast! Good luck, I hope it bounces back for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"