Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Hello/Intro

I'm not exactly sure where to start. I found out I was pregnant at the end of November and was ecstatic. We had been trying for 9 months and got a huge surprise when I had a positive test. (please forgive me if this makes no sense, I'm just going to write.)

*Warning, live child mentioned*

It took us over 6.5 years, 6 of those with a fertility doctor, to get pregnant with my son so we were shocked when we had another positive without intervention. 

We had an appt. with the RE in January and when I called to cancel they told me to come in anyway and they would do monitoring until I was 10-12 weeks. I was so excited to go into my first appt. It turned out that my dates were about a week off but it was possible because I wasn't really tracking ovulation. I went back the next week (6.5 weeks) and there we saw our baby with a beautiful heartbeat. We continued to get weekly ultrasounds and everything was perfect. Perfect growth, perfect heart rate. It was at our routine (New Years Eve) appointment, when I should have been 10 weeks that we found out there was no longer a heartbeat and it hadn't grown for the last 5 days. I was numb. They had me wait until the following Monday to confirm (which was silly but whatever) and when I went back and nothing had changed. I was scheduled for a D&C the next day, that was my only option as I have a history with hemorrhaging and they wanted it to be controlled. That evening I started to bleed, cramp and pass clots but the RE had me take a bunch of progesterone to try to slow things down. I was "lucky" and never miscarried at home, I'm not sure what I would've done if I had to see that. I am happy to say that the D&C was very quick and easy. It was under twilight anesthesia at the office, ironically the same room you have an egg retrieval from, and I can remember how sweet everyone was. 

Recovery has been good and I went in for a follow up today. I am happy to say that everything is back to normal and my HCG is already down to 20. I am super surprised that we got the green light (from both my RE and OB) to try again after my first period. We have decided to stick with our original 2015 plan and stay with the RE so it looks like I'm back on fertility treatments as soon as AF comes. 

I'm not sure if I've really grieved yet, this is so surreal to me. I was shocked I got pregnant in the first place and when that shock started to wear off we lost the baby. I cried right before my last appointment because I knew they were going to do an ultrasound and it was the last time I would see my baby but other than that I've just been going on like normal. We are having genetic testing done and as soon as we find out if it was a boy or a girl I feel like I'll have a little more closure, hopefully. I am so sorry to "meet" you under these circumstances but I'm glad there is a place where other people get it.

*Formerly peainthepod?* TTC since 1/1/2006. All cycles BFN! IUI's & IVF with no luck. Emergency surgery 11/07 due to hemmoraging cyst on left ovary. 3rd HSG showed complete blockage of right tube (the good side), endo/cysts/adhesion removal 11/11. New start for 2012! Surprise BFP 6/17/12, due 2/12/13. It's a boy!!! Baby Boy born on January 26, 2013. 

Re: Hello/Intro

• Options
    Yikes! I didn't realize how long that got.
    *Formerly peainthepod?* TTC since 1/1/2006. All cycles BFN! IUI's & IVF with no luck. Emergency surgery 11/07 due to hemmoraging cyst on left ovary. 3rd HSG showed complete blockage of right tube (the good side), endo/cysts/adhesion removal 11/11. New start for 2012! Surprise BFP 6/17/12, due 2/12/13. It's a boy!!! Baby Boy born on January 26, 2013. 
  • Options
    Hey there, I am so sorry for you loss. And long intro's are ok, sometimes it gets away from us and we just keep typing. Nothing wrong with that :) 

I find it crazy that people try for so many years and then after finally having a successful pregnancy and then another one just happens naturally. I hope once you start trying again, it happens quickly.

One of my MC's was at 10 weeks so I can understand what you're going through. I am glad you were safe and were able to have a D&C with no complications.

Sometimes grieving can sneak up on you, we are here if you need to talk! *hugs*  
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just wanted to say I'm very sorry for your loss.
    Me: 29 DH: 30
    DS born 12/29/12 @ 41+1 
    TTC#2 07/2014
    BFP 10/14/14 MC 11/14/14 D&C for RT 11/18/2014 
    Given all clear 12/15/2014 - back to TTC

• Options
    Hugs to you, I am so sorry for your loss. Please don't hesitate to make long winded posts. I find that it helps clear out all the confused emotions you are experiencing to just write. The ladies on this board are fantastic in their support during this awful experience. Take care!

2 MC 2014/2015
    Baby #1 born 2/27/2016
    Baby #2 born 3/25/2018
    BFP 06/03/2020, EDD 02/10/2021

Anniversary
  • Options
    Well, I had a breakdown today. I guess the reality is finally catching up with me. This sucks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"