March 2015 Moms

It's 4am, H is snoring, and LO is having a dance party. Sounds like Random Time!!

2»

Re: It's 4am, H is snoring, and LO is having a dance party. Sounds like Random Time!!

• @FrecklesInside‌ Hope everything looks good for you Thursday. Glad you are feeling better.

For suzyq0525

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• I made it 32 weeks in my pregnancy completely laid back and worry free, and the last three days I keep finding myself questioning my pregnancy. Is that symptom normal? Is baby okay? Is that pain getting worse? Ugh. I think its the lack of sleep. I also hate seeing a few of our march mamas having a hard time. It makes me nervous for both me and all the march mommas. Keep on cookin babies!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • @FrecklesInside‌ - good luck! Fx all your tests come back fine!
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary

• saltyfins said:

Ok, here comes my totes newbie FTM eye roll worthy question...

My bassinet/co-sleeper says it's safe to use until the baby is 25lbs. I know every baby is different, but is there an average age range that correlates with this weight? I'm just trying to figure out how long he'll be able to sleep in it : )

My dr said when he can climb out himself he is too old. She said her son was 9m when she has to stop.

• UGH --- my insurance company sent the wrong pump! I ordered Medela PISA, but they sent Ameda Purely Yours. :::eye roll::: Currently on hold x 5 min with the medical supply company... ugh!
  • I have the 3 hour Glucose Test on Thursday morning and I'm completely dreading it. I feel so good, my weight gain and size of baby have been right on track... it seems so weird that I could have GD. Did any of you have symptoms or is it truly only the blood test that can determine if you have it?

In other news the baby is now kicking me way back by my love handles. I never knew that was possible!
    Never had symptoms both pregnancies. Gained 15 lbs with the first one and he measured small, have only gained 9 lbs with this pregnancy and was diagnosed at 14 weeks and she was measuring 6 days behind at my anatomy scan.

I agree with @Layfi002, GD is a silent and non discriminating beast haha
  • @earthian‌ , my DH was always nervous DD would fall out of the ring sling. If you have it secured properly, and your kid isn't a leg-straightener or seat-popper, you should be just fine. I was actually surprised how secure it really was- I will say my DD was pretty chill and relaxed when being worn.
    For Suzy and our M15 Loss Moms
  • @kadeelou‌ I am super impressed with that mobile.

• Long Vent So i had a rough day yesterday. The short background info on the situation is that because of the medication that i am on we have known from the beginning that the baby will have to spend some time in the NICU. It's a rough situation to begin with emotionally and not at all what i wanted (not the baby but how i would have wanted my pregnancy to go) but since she was unplanned i could not stop taking the medication but we have come to terms with it over the last 7 months. We know that after her NICU stay that she will be perfectly fine and all signs point to healthy and beautiful so far. I have brought my situation up with every different doctor/midwife i have seen at my office which has been about 5 and when asking them how long they thought she would have to be there the concensus has been probably about 5 days at they longest, one doc said 7, but that's the longest quote we have gotten. OK we can deal with that and have. The whole situation still makes me nervous and it is prob just because of the fear of the unknown. Anyway we had an apt with the neonatologist at the hospital yesterday and there he told us that first of all 5 days is the absolute minimum that she will be there but that 2 weeks is the average. 2 weeks? What? Now let me preface this next part with the fact that where we live you have a choice of 2 doctors offices and 1 hospital unless you want to drive 45 minutes out of state. so my doctors are pretty much only delivering at this one hospital. I asked the neo if that was standard and he said yes and when i mentioned what my doctors have said he actually called them crazy. I was balling. We have been preparing ourselves for 7 months for 5 days and now at the end we get blind sided with 2 weeks. That's a big jump. I really feel like my doctors have just been trying to sugar coat this because there is no way they didn't know. This is standard procedure at the only hospital that they actually deliver at. I don't know about you but i would much rather have known this from the beginning than be smacked in the face with it at the very end. Now mind you there is a 15% chance that she will not have to go to the NICU at all and really only be there 5 days but we're just trying not to get our hopes up. I'm just really upset that we were just told about this now considering that it is a huge effing deal. So today I'm just trying to process it along with the fact that i can't even keep down water today and i have a bit of a fever and didn't sleep last night and am now at work. Ugh. Thanks for listening :/
    Pregnancy Ticker

imagephoto pgal_zps8d04c926.pngphoto mom2015_zpsb124dd59.pngimage

March 15' January Siggy Callenge: Animals Being Jerks
    photo jerks_zpsk4p1dtwb.gif

photo candle_zpslg8yegqf.gif
    For @suzyq0525 and all of our other M15 loss moms
  • saltyfins said:
    Ok, here comes my totes newbie FTM eye roll worthy question... My bassinet/co-sleeper says it's safe to use until the baby is 25lbs. I know every baby is different, but is there an average age range that correlates with this weight? I'm just trying to figure out how long he'll be able to sleep in it : )

Every kid is so different. My daughter will be two on Sunday and just hit 25 lbs. Once they can sit up I would be worried about them falling out since the sides are not that high.

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• kadeelou where did you get the supplies to make your mobile? I have been wanting to make one. Did you just go to a crafts store?

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @drudolph11‌ I'm so sorry :( I hope she doesn't have to stay 2 weeks! FWIW -- not trying to make excuses for your docs -- the OB's at my last job would have had only a rough guesstimate of the answer to your question. Their job (regarding baby) ends the second she's born, and only the peds/neos would have a true ballpark figure. So it's possible they weren't trying to mislead, but actually thought they knew more than they did. Still a crappy situation. And I have to say - what *I* have seen quoted for similar babies has been more in the range your OB's gave you. Obv I don't know the specifics of your exact situation so I'd trust the neo, but FX it's nowhere near that long!!
  • @drudolph11‌ - I am so sorry you are just finding this out! I'm not sure if there is anything I can say to make it better - but maybe the perinatologist is being a little conservative? And maybe if she is doing well she will get to come home earlier?

Are you being induced (sorry I can't remember)? If not, maybe thinking about it by what is the latest date she will come home by - and as long as she is home by then the wait isn't too bad - whether she is in the inside or the outside.

I've just started to try to think of things in terms of what is the earliest and latest my baby is going to be home by so I am not as disturbed by a potential stay in the NICU if I have to deliver early.

• Drive by! Just swallowed my gum. Pretty sure that's good for the baby, right? ;) and add me to the list of turd babies because I just had the worst experience of my life trying to poop. Ouuuuuuch. My poor baby is probably wondering what the hell because I was trying so hard to poop for a while. She's still squirming so I guess I didn't squish her too much. Oh what a day.
  • I have the 3 hour Glucose Test on Thursday morning and I'm completely dreading it. I feel so good, my weight gain and size of baby have been right on track... it seems so weird that I could have GD. Did any of you have symptoms or is it truly only the blood test that can determine if you have it?

In other news the baby is now kicking me way back by my love handles. I never knew that was possible!

No symptoms or indications here.  I was given an A1C test just weeks prior and was within the normal range.  Up until being diagnosed, I'd only gained 10 pounds, and as of now, am at a net gain of 12.  I was able to eat all the carby carb carbs without feeling any different.  The only inkling I had was that my mom had it with me.

@Skrittens  Sending ((hugs)) to you.

@FrecklesInside  Glad you're feeling human again and FX the testing comes back normal.

I'm not sure if I've already mentioned this, but I am now sleeping on the couch as it's the only place I can get even an hour of uninterrupted sleep at a time.  Even with my Snoogle, it's impossible for me to stay upright enough in our bed to alleviate my acid reflux and make it possible for me to get out of bed to pee several times a night.  

On top of the heartburn, I'm dealing with sore hips, pelvic and vaginal pain, sore abs, and limbs that fall asleep every 30 mins or so.  Turning over is agony and I do it frequently during the night.  The couch is now my only option.  The "arms" are as tall as the back, so I'm able to wedge myself in the corner.  

Of course, I feel like crying every time I go to the bathroom and see D sleeping by himself.  And on one occasion, I actually did break down.  Oof.  Only 5 and a half more weeks.

For SuzyQ and all March 15 loss moms
  • Hugs to everyone who needs one!

@drudolph11‌ I'm sorry the news is so different than what you've been mentally and emotionally preparing for. :(

I went to a baby shower on Sunday and all the guests there were mamas already except me, and we ended up talking about their birth stories. Almost every one of them had something unexpected happen. For some reason, instead of freaking me out, it made me feel more calm about the whole thing. Maybe because I know the doctors and nurses have been through so many different kinds of labors and deliveries, or maybe because listening to their stories was just mentally preparing me for anything, even more so than I had been. I don't know... but it was so interesting to hear about all the different things that happened.

Add me to the list of feeling like there's not enough time left before LO gets here! On one hand I cannot wait, and we really have done a lot, but on the other hand there is still so much left I want to do! Aside from that, any time we are both free it seems like H plans a social get together or something, which is awesome because that will change so much soon enough, but it's tough to juggle everything!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @goofygoff‌ I'm so sorry... like you said 5.5 more weeks! :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • etoille said:
    @goofygoff

Are you on nexium daily?

Just Tums, ATM.  Since it's not doing much, I plan to bring it up again at my appointment tomorrow.

• Layfi002 said:
    @goofygoff that sounds miserable! I haven't tried sleeping anywhere else, but my hips are hurting at night, so I may have to try some other options soon.

Have you tried sleeping with a pillow in between your legs?  It did seem to help me when the pain wasn't as bad.  

• @goofygoff I feel you on the hips/pelvic/vaginal pain and limbs going numb. It's brutal. Add to that the tailbone pain and life really hurts sometimes. It is completely worth it though! The only way I can get comfortable is to prop my body pillow under one whole side of my body and psuedo-sleep on my back.
  • etoille said:
    goofygoff said:
    etoille said:
    @goofygoff

Are you on nexium daily?

Just Tums, ATM.  Since it's not doing much, I plan to bring it up again at my appointment tomorrow.
    Yeah.  Dude.  You need to at least get to Zantac.  Nexium was a life changer for me first pregnancy at this point last time.  I went from literally not sleeping and not eating to no more pain.  Call your doc and ask if you can just take OTC Nexium once a day (it's fine - I was on it from about 32 weeks last time ish and I've been on it since week 16 this time).

Nexium, prilosec, omparazole generic.....seriously.  DO it.  Like call now before your doc closes. Even if you can start taking it tonight it means you'll be better tomorrow night (it takes 1-2 days to build up in your system).
    I completely concur with etoille. I had to stop taking my Prilosec last week because the antacids don't play nicely with the Z-pack I was on for bronchitis-like whatever I had going on. It was awful. I also had to sleep sitting up with four pillows and the snoogle under me. Two days back on and I'm sleeping well (and on horizontally) again.
  • I received an email about this U.S. Dept. of Labor Women's Bureau Pregnancy Discrimination Webinar today and thought I would share. I know it's a topic that we've talked about on the board before... The Webinar is January 27th.

• etoille said:
    etoille said:
    goofygoff said:
    etoille said:
    @goofygoff

Are you on nexium daily?

Yeah.  Dude.  You need to at least get to Zantac.  Nexium was a life changer for me first pregnancy at this point last time.  I went from literally not sleeping and not eating to no more pain.  Call your doc and ask if you can just take OTC Nexium once a day (it's fine - I was on it from about 32 weeks last time ish and I've been on it since week 16 this time).

Nexium, prilosec, omparazole generic.....seriously.  DO it.  Like call now before your doc closes. Even if you can start taking it tonight it means you'll be better tomorrow night (it takes 1-2 days to build up in your system).
    I completely concur with etoille. I had to stop taking my Prilosec last week because the antacids don't play nicely with the Z-pack I was on for bronchitis-like whatever I had going on. It was awful. I also had to sleep sitting up with four pillows and the snoogle under me. Two days back on and I'm sleeping well (and on horizontally) again.
    I don't know what pregnant women did before nexium.  Like between that and the stress/work hours I was doing last pregnancy I was losing weight in third tri.  If I had to finish third tri like that for the last two months I would have lost like another 10 lbs by the time I delivered.  No exaggeration.   Work wouldn't allow me to eat but that was fine since eating only made the heartburn worse (and not eating it was still there too it was just worse if I ate and god for fucking bid if I drank like anything - water, milk, didn't matter).  Like I ruined my pillow because instead of the 'normal' pregnancy drool I literally was drooling acid.  It was vile.
    Oh god, that's terrifying. So glad you are having an easier time this go-round.
  • My Tdap (Dtap- can never remember which it is?) shot spot still hurts like a mofo. I don't remember it hurting this badly before...

Mine hurt like a bitch.
  • @drudolph11 I'm so sorry about today, huge hugs lady.

@FrecklesInside I'm sorry about the 24 hr urine test, that was not fun and I hated it. They drew blood when I turned it in as well, but I'm hoping for you the blood today was for that. I've been stuck and had blood drawn 4X in the last week. 

I've had an interesting day, an important person reached out with some very interesting information about my kids at my XH's house. I hope it can help. 
    Thankfully no 24 hour yet, that will be the next step. FX we don't need to take it...
  • Driving by. I had a poor pregnant me moment today.
    My job is challenging. Not the hardest job in the world but it's definitely draining. I came home exhausted today. Crying like a 2 year old because I was just physically and mentally DONE!
    My boss is a big old bitch. She gives zero fucks about anything. She has no compassion or sympathy for anyone dealing with anything personal.
    I am suppose to get a 15 min break everyday. I never take it or ask for it because I don't feel like I need to. Now I do. For my brain and my body's sake. I need to take this extra break a day.
    I avoid this woman like the plague and I am dreading the conversation I am going to have with her tomorrow. :(
    It is going to be an inconvenience to her to find coverage for me to take a break. I just know this is how the conversation is going to go :(

Married the love of my life: 5-17-14

BFP:6-27-14

EDD:3-11-15

Step Mom to Z: 4-11-06

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!

• WAMOM said:

lisap0924 said:

Driving by. I had a poor pregnant me moment today.
    My job is challenging. Not the hardest job in the world but it's definitely draining. I came home exhausted today. Crying like a 2 year old because I was just physically and mentally DONE!
    My boss is a big old bitch. She gives zero fucks about anything. She has no compassion or sympathy for anyone dealing with anything personal.
    I am suppose to get a 15 min break everyday. I never take it or ask for it because I don't feel like I need to. Now I do. For my brain and my body's sake. I need to take this extra break a day.
    I avoid this woman like the plague and I am dreading the conversation I am going to have with her tomorrow. :(
    It is going to be an inconvenience to her to find coverage for me to take a break. I just know this is how the conversation is going to go :(

Awww do we have the same boss? I feel the same way about my breaks.

Ugh. Sorry your boss is a douche too! :(
    I shouldn't feel this way. I bust my ass. I am good at my job. I come in early everyday and stay late every day. My H thinks I need to standup for myself, but I don't like to ruffle feathers at work. :(

Married the love of my life: 5-17-14

BFP:6-27-14

EDD:3-11-15

Step Mom to Z: 4-11-06

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!

• Sorry I've been MIA the last two days, ladies. Work has been crazy.

As everyone is saying only 7-8 weeks left I'm both thrilled and terrified at the same time. I can't wait to meet her.

I'm sorry to all the Mamas who are either uncomfortable lately or are having some stress over hospitals and birth plans. I will be sending you all positive energy.

And...now I will eat these chocolate chips straight out of the bag, binge watch Continuum and catch up on the other posts today.
  • jack12tripjack12trip member
    edited January 2015
    @drudolph11‌ I'm sorry it was such a shock. I don't have any experience with this, so I don't have any advice to offer...except that my sister is a NICU nurse and works with families and little ones like yours everyday. And she truly cares about her little patients and their parents. She knows all their names and their cute little personalities.

So I'll keep my fingers crossed that your baby girl gets to skip the NICU all together...but in the event that she doesn't and does end up there for a week or two, I hope that you find the nurses there treat you like family and make the entire experience a little less scary.

Edit: Words are hard so late
  • RQuinlin said:

It's like crickets in here....

Yeah. :( I feel like I'm standing in ruins looking for survivors.
  • RQuinlin said:

It's like crickets in here....

Yeah. :( I feel like I'm standing in ruins looking for survivors.
    Chirp, chirp....(That's cricket noises, atleast in my mind)
  • Apparently? Oy, miss a day or two and there's a bunch of stuff I missed... :-/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"