3rd Trimester

Hospital bag

neems1982neems1982 member
edited January 2015 in 3rd Trimester
Here is a good link on what to put in your hospital bag for labor!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hospital bag

• Good list but a couple notes:
    - The hospital will provide you with an electric pump to use to get production going(all new accessories of course)
    What gets your milk going is baby's suckling. I agree that new moms don't need to pack a pump, but the hospital won't provide a pump unless necessary (mom and baby are separated for whatever reason). 

Milk doesn't normally come in until at least 2 to 3 days after birth anyway (by which time mom and baby have hopefully gone home). 

Correct. My ds wasn't suckling or latching at birth so we used the pump to get colostrum and spoon feed it to him.
  • Loading the player...
  • With my 1st I thought I would need so much but barely even got to my bag...Really the only things you should bring is ur going going home outfit and baby's outfit..chapstick -phone charger- hubbys change of clothes too- the hospital really provides all kinds of things from socks for mama to diapers for baby.. if anything I recommend leaving space in your bag for all the extras you'll be taking home!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

imageimage

• -Comfy clothes to leave the hospital in
    - Throw away slippers
    - Flip flops (for the shower)
    - travel size toiletries (for myself and DH)
    - a hair drier, I didn't want my hair to air dry, it was winter
    - brush
    - hair ties (my hair was in a bun or braid)
    - minimal makeup so I wouldn't look like death (think spot concealer, tinted lip balm, that's it)
    - I took 2 outfits for the baby (luckily I did, DH did not put his diaper on secure and DS peed all over in his take home outfit)
    - blanket
    - change of clothes for DH
    - chargers
    - Camera
    - snacks
    - my glasses

I would not take a robe, you can always get another  hospital gown and put it on backwards to cover your back.
    imageimageimage
    As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen - Winnie the Pooh

Married 8/22/09
    Pregnancy 1- EDD 11/21/10 NMC @ 6 weeks
    Pregnancy 2 - Rainbow DS born 1/15/11
    Pregnancy 3 - EDD 5/2/14 NMC @ 6 weeks 9/4/13
    Pregnancy 4 - EDD 6/11/14 BO @ 9 weeks D&C 11/8/13
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    WOW!!! I'm pregnant!!! BFP 6/8/14 Rainbow on the way EDD 2/14/15
    If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• ...I'm bringing wine in my hospital bag...

And you know, stuff for the baby too.  

My usual question applied here. What wine are you bringing??? Do you have a bottle picked out yet?
    For us, we'll probably "splurge" and pick up some Mollydooker Two Left Feet or The Boxer.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I put books and a deck of cards in my bag - if I end up having to stay for a couple days i'm sure i'll be happy for having something to pass the time

imageimageimage
    ***Siggy Warning***
    TTC Since Feb 2011 - HSG Aug 2012 opened 1 tube - Lap Nov 2012 confirmed Endo. 
    May 2013 both tubes blocked by hydrosalpinx. Nov 2013 Essure Placed permanently blocking both tubes

IVF #1 - Jan/Feb 2014 Patch Protocol - 3 day 5 blasts Frosties - transferred 1 blast BFN 
    FET #1 - May 15 transferred 1 blast - HPT May 22 BFP - Beta #1 May 26 - 578 - Beta #2 May 28 1707
    U/S #1 June 9 6w4d hb 111 - U/S #2 June 17 7w5d HB 156 - EDD Jan 29, 2015

My usual question applied here. What wine are you bringing??? Do you have a bottle picked out yet?
    I haven't picked one out yet.  It will either be a moscoto or pinot grigio, depending on whether I want a sweet or dry.  And I'll probably grab a bottle from one of the Virginia wineries.  Williamsburg is normally my go to, but New Kent is pretty darn good too.
  • FTM here, but I'm a light packer as it is so I am definitely planning on streamlining the amount of stuff I bring. I think @srcr2011‌ 's list is pretty good. I won't be bringing a hair dryer, I rarely use them and probably won't be washing my hair in the hospital anyway (I only wash about once a week). You can replace hair dryer with Kindle for my list. I also might bring the Boppy.
    Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker

@KristinMTBell what wine are you bringing? I live in the Bay Area and am always looking for new wines to try :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Sweet Lord no. Just no.
    A set of clothes to go home in (plus two changes if you don't want to be in gowns the whole time)
    Toothbrush and paste
    Hair brush and ties
    Soap, shampoo, deodorant
    Phone charger
    Take home outfit for baby (plus a spare, ALWAYS have a spare baby outfit EVERYWHERE you go)
    And Chapstick.

Make your DH pack his own bag, he's an adult.

I also have a small fan because I can't sleep without moving air and a book because my DD will most likely need NICU time and I won't have her in the room with me.
    I do have 4 outfits for LO but I have 2 in preemie and 2 in newborn since we don't know when she will come and how big she will be.

I haven't picked one out yet.  It will either be a moscoto or pinot grigio, depending on whether I want a sweet or dry.  And I'll probably grab a bottle from one of the Virginia wineries.  Williamsburg is normally my go to, but New Kent is pretty darn good too.
    Love VA wines! Will the Moscato be bubbly??? I love bubbles. I also know of some dry Moscato, which is really fun, bc it tricks your brain into expecting sweet. Moscato has such a distinct nose!

I love VA wine too!  When not pregnant, our favorite weekend activity is to check out the local wineries.  I can't wait to be able to do it again!

Hm, I'm not sure.  I'm going to consult with the husbandman to see what he would like as well since we're going to split it.  I haven't tried a dry Moscato!  That sounds interesting.  Is there one in particular you recommend?  

• PPs have covered everything, but I'd probably also bring a small can of dry shampoo to keep hair looking good in between washes. My hair gets greasy really fast.

Also, want to third the love for VA wineries. Other than our house, a winery will probably be the first place we bring the baby.

Me (31) Him (31)
    Married: 5/2013
    CP: 9/18/14 (4w:4d)
    BFP: 10/16/14 EDD: 6/21/15

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Thank you for sharing the video :)
  • I plan on bringing my own nipple butter because I'm not using the lanolin the hospital gives to you. And we're definitely bringing our video camera. Someone will be bringing me Chipotle after delivery. And a fountain coke.
  • I brought way more than needed first time around. Definitely best to think about the *BASICS*. The hospital will provide everything baby needs besides clothing. I think I overpacked for me the first time around thinking I would do my hair and makeup after baby arrived-hahahahaha didn't happen.

You will leave with so much more than you arrived with-keep the load light!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"