1st Trimester

Progesterone 10.4 at 5weeks+1. What was yours? And Intro about Me

So this is truly a miracle baby for us... my husbands RE told us with his sperm count, low mobility and morphology, we would never get prego on our own... Multiple medicated IUI's that just never seemed to work, and finally a scope for me, that proved I needed some repair... We finally began to wrap our arms around the fact we may never have children... My surgery was over a year ago, so when we got the surprise BFP on 12/23, I reached out to my Fertility Dr right away. They ordered up an HCG and Prog... I was 5weeks+1 day, HCG was 1922 and Prog was 10.4.... They put me on Prog suppositories even though they said for a natural pregnancy 10.4 was "okay" (typically they like to see 20+ for medicated fertility assistance) I just feel like I can't get too excited... We did do an ultrasound at 6 weeks, measured exactly at 6 weeks and we did see and hear a heartbeat... They want another scan at 8 weeks and then they will release me... They said at 8 weeks the miscarriage rate drops to less than 5% Would love to know some progesterone numbers, especially ones on the low end like me. Were they viable pregnancies that carried to term? Were you put on progesterone? Thanks!

Re: Progesterone 10.4 at 5weeks+1. What was yours? And Intro about Me

• First, congrats on your BFP!!! That's awesome!
    I was put progesterone after have a loss the last go round even though my HCG numbers were not low this go round. My OB advised that she was putting me on progesterone as a precaution until I hit 13 weeks (when the baby starts making his or her own). She said, if you end up needing the progesterone, you'll already be on it. If you don't end up needing it, no harm done. You'll just have extra. 
    So woohoo, you're pregnant! Don't stress and enjoy your pregnancy! =D
    1/19/15 - Officially Team Blue! 
    "Victory is paid for in sweat, courage, and preparation!"
  • Thank you! That is all I feel like, like I am a big stress ball and can't really enjoy it... I am really hoping after the scan at 8 weeks will give me some peace of mind :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sure you've heard it already or will. Do your best to relax and try not to stress. Stress doesn't help you or your pregnancy. If your the type, try meditation, yoga, or something else that helps to relax you. I know the waiting game is hard and like my OB told me on my first visit, "the waiting game is the hardest part." We have no idea what's going on in there. We just have to trust that our bodies know what to do and let them do it. You've already hurdled one HUGE challenge! You got pregnant! =D

1/19/15 - Officially Team Blue! 
    "Victory is paid for in sweat, courage, and preparation!"
  • My RE put me on progesterone after a Medicated IUI. He said regardless of my progesterone levels even if they were ok. The progesterone will support the pregnancy and due to a previous loss, he was doing everything he could. I wouldn't worry trust your RE, and enjoy being pregnant.
  • Hi IndyMom - did everything work out ok for you?! I hope so. I'm in a similar boat so would love to know how you've been doing. Xx
  • I'm on progesterone. My doctor wasn't concerned unless it dipped under 10. I'm 10 weeks 4 days and everything is fine. We heard a strong heartbeat yesterday! I'm weaning off the progesterone the next couple weeks. I think the placenta takes over around week 10?

I think mine was around 16 during week 5? I really don't remember. I think it's only an issue if you're low and they don't catch it, so you should relax.

CONGRATULATIONS!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Congrats, by the way! My gut feeling is that as long as you continue to take your progesterone, you should be fine.  I was put on progesterone around week 3. This is my first pregnancy, and I didn't have any underlying fertility issues. BUT....  My OB had me go in and have blood work done three times (2 days apart) to monitor my HCG and progesterone. My HCG was fine, but my progesterone dropped from 39 the first day to 17 on day three (He likes to see it over 30!) He put me on 200mg twice a day until 14 weeks. The placenta is supposed to take over at 12 weeks, but he wants some overlap, just to be sure. When I went in for my 9 week ultrasound, my OB showed me that my corpus luteal cyst had hemorrhaged and wasn't producing any progesterone. Everything else looked normal because I had been on  progesterone for 6 weeks already. I'm at 13 weeks today and everything is still fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"