1st Trimester

Low Sugar Snacks to Prevent Nausea

I'm suffering from some nausea and occasional vomiting.  It's nothing unbearable but I'm trying to snack more often to prevent it.  The problem is that most of my go-to snacks that seem to sit well on my stomach are high in sugar.  Apple sauce, oranges, bread, etc.  Does anyone have any suggestions for quick and easy snacks to prevent morning sickness that are low in sugar?  Particularly things that I can prepare ahead of time and take to work with me.  

Thanks for your input!

Re: Low Sugar Snacks to Prevent Nausea

• I wouldn't sweat the sugar unless you have a medical reason to-- it's not like those things are donuts (which, incidentally, are what I ate to curb my nausea with my first).

Suggestions (which may be high in sugar because I'm not as well educated as I perhaps should be about this)--- nuts, broth-y soups, string cheese or cheese cubes, oatmeal (is this as sugary as bread??)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I had hyperemesis and so finding snacks that kept things "controlled" became a fun game haha The things that helped me most were drinking Ensure and eating things like nuts, chex mix, dry cereal, brown rice, string cheese, carrots, oatmeal, and sipping chicken broth. Unfortunately a lot of the low-sugar type snacks often come with sodium or are more along the lines of a BRAT diet since it helps curb the feeling of something coming back up. No matter what you snack on, though, definitely keep hydrated! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm a big fan of boiled eggs (assuming the smell doesn't kick off your nausea) .
  • I'm a reactive hypoglycemic, so I have to watch my protein/carb ratio. The simple carbs will make me sicker than the baby "fun". I've been doing some fruit, but it's mostly nut mixes, Greek yogurt and veggies, whole wheat crackers, string cheese, plain popcorn sprinkled in whatever herb or light oil that suits me. The nuts and popcorn should be easy for work, since they contain easy and don't need a fridge. I've been turned off from sweets thanks to baby, but I do love to nimble Trader Joe triple ginger cookies when I'm feeling unsettled.
    BabyGaga
  • emmyg65 said:
    My midwife told me to eat whatever I could in the first trimester. It's more important that you get  calories than that you eat healthy right now. 
    I go by this reasoning as well. Eat what you can eat. =)

But OP they ahve no sugar added apple sauce and fruit pouches you could try too.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"