August 2015 Moms
Options

Social Media Announcements

Re: Social Media Announcements

• Options
    We're doing a Valentine's theme as well❤️ I'll be about 15 weeks but I don't mind waiting for a cute announcement! Most of our close friends and family know already.
  • Options
    We posted two separate things. DH talked about how excited he was to be a dad and I used this clip from I Love Lucy on my page :-)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YrTPaa9kJ1o
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was planning on announcing at 12 weeks (today) and then had bleeding on Monday, now I don't know what to do. If I should wait till I see my doctor again on Monday or wait longer.
  • Options
    For my first pregnancy we told family and close friends immediately bc we had IVF and they were all involved. We did announce on facebook but waited until I was 16 weeks. It was exciting especially since we were having twins! This was our announcement.
    This pregnancy all of our family and close friends we told on Christmas. We will do a cute facebook announcement on Valentine's Day. I'll be almost 14 weeks. It's a special day for us because Valentines Day 2013 I had my egg transfer with my twins.
  • Options
    I am posting this tomorrow on Facebook for "everyone else" as our immediate families found out during Christmas. I neatened it up a little after I had already taken the picture, I don't like my handwriting lol. I'm getting my first ultrasound picture tomorrow, which will go on the bottom. :x image
  • Options
    Our pup is our first baby so I'm taking a pic of him surrounded by my pregnancy books, bottles, and a tiny Bruins onesie that says "big brother duty starting august 2015"
  • Options
    goulja1 said:
    We live in Florida and go to Disney a lot. We have season passes. So we're going to get the little Mickey ear hats, at the park they embroider names on the backs. So, we'll get "Momma", "Mommy" and "Baby" hats, pose them in front of the castle or something and take a picture.
    Fellow Disney nerd here!  Very cute idea.

I'm not sure social media announcements are for me.  I know everyone means well but all the attention makes me uncomfortable.  I've always been more at ease in the back row :p  I think we will just stick with posting a pic of our baby :-)

• Options
    We didn't post this to social media, but we texted/emailed friends who didn't know yet...image
  • Options
    DH and I took a picture with a Red Onsie out in the snow when we were about 8 weeeks. As DH was heading out of town for work for 2 months. We are planning on announcing using that adorable picture with a little Valentines Day saying in a week or two.
    HopefulMommyKate
  • Options
    We posted ours yesterday.
    image.jpg 1006.3K
    Team Pink! Baby Girl due 8.2.15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Posted our announcement Wednesday. We did "ice ice baby" with him holding 2 bags of ice and me holding an ultrasound pic. We also went to our favorite bar where we know everyone and he wore a shirt that says "drinking for 2" and we dropped hits until people got it. We had a lot of fun announcing.
  • Options
    We finally announced last night via text and social media. We used this. :)
  • Options
    How many weeks are you waiting to make your social media announcements?
  • Options
    My family told the world lol they were to excited first grand baby so my mom had to say it
  • Options
    We had to use our pup as well! image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I just posted a pic of my boys excitedly holding the ultrasound pic and posted August 2015.

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• Options
    While I love facebook, I felt like doing a staged picture or "clever" announcement really wasn't authentic to my husband and I's style- so after much thought, we went with a really simple designed announcement :) I was really happy with it and got lots of great feedback!
  • Options
    I live in MA, and well, we have an exorbitant amount of snow right now. My mom (who has known since day 1) LOVES snowman (I mean out on display year round in her house). So I was thinking about building a family of snowmen and putting each of our hats on our snowman then having a little one at the end with gender neutral hat and a sign that says coming soon. I know my mom would at least adore a pic like that!
  • Options
    My best friend is a photographer so she made the announcement for us. I cropped out the bottom which states, "baby (last name) due August 2015"
  • Options
    My hubby is a huge Orioles fan so we posted a pic of a cute Baltimore Orioles onesie with the caption "A whole new bawl game... First pitch August 2015"
  • Options
    Here was our announcement! (The little shoes are Baylor Booties, which is our alma mater- we're big fans!) Hopefully the pic works- I'm on my phone! :)
  • Options
    Ours goes up Friday- SO EXCITED! Everyone's looks great so far!
  • Options
    I'm using my pups too. I got a onsie that says "my siblings have tails"... Will pin it on a little clothes line with the dogs sitting in front ☺️
  • Options
    Great post! And great ideas ladies. I will be a single dad through surrogacy. 12 weeks today! Planning on posting it on Sunday Eastern.  My family and close friends knows about it, but I want to post it on facebook. Any ideas?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My family lives 5000km away so I mailed this photo to everyone... Can't do an fb post until I bring the stroller to my best friends baby shower in April.
  • Options
    After looking at those side by side... I think the "knocked up" looks like I'm not so happy about it.  Going with the sucking all remainng brainpower then. :)

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We announced today on fb... So nice to see all the love pouring in
  • Options
    So far it's been telling family and friends either over Google+ hangouts or in person. 

I think I'll also stick with the "Oh, by the way..." pic when the bump becomes obvious.
  • Options
    We announced on FB at 12 weeks. Since our last name is "Moore" it was kind of an easy play on words. We also had an US done at 11w4d, so I added that in there. I think it's so cute! 
  • Options
    I'm planning on announcing the day before Valentine's Day. I'll be almost 14 weeks by then. This is what I was thinking for my FB announcementimage!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"