1st Trimester
Options

Sleep position

How far do you typically have to stop sleeping on your stomach?
I know that it is recommended to stop at like 20 wks if I'm not mistaken but I'm referring to you are so uncomfortable on your stomach because of the baby.
I'm only 6wks and some nights I'm perfectly comfortable on my tummy. Then other nights it feels like I'm laying on something.

Re: Sleep position

• Options
    When it hurts. You will probably know.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • Options
    When it becomes uncomfortable you will not be able to sleep in your stomach. Then it's time to stop.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm a stomach sleeper and have always wondered how I'd stop sleeping on my stomach because, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to comfortably sleep on my side.

But, even though I'm only 5w2d, my boobs have gotten big enough and my nips have been painful enough that I can't comfortably sleep on my stomach already. I've found myself actually falling asleep on my side.

So, at this point I'm almost training myself to sleep on my side so that when I really can't, it won't be a struggle to sleep comfortably. And I've already added a Snoogle to my super-secret Amazon wishlist in preparation for uncomfortable sleeping when I get my bump.
    together since '03 / married since '14 / started TTC Dec '14 / Holy shit! BFP 12/28/14!
    Sept '15 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance!
  • Options
    When pregnant with my DS, I slept on my stomach until about 30 weeks. I also showed really late, so I think I was able to longer than most. I recommend putting a pillow behind your back, and another underneath your belly, then you kinda lean forward on your stomach so you are halfway on your side and stomach. That was the only way I could transition from sleeping on my stomach. I'm now mostly a side sleeper since having to switch for pregnancy and nursing.
  • Options
    My boobs dictated when to stop rather than my belly! With number 1 I couldn't bare to sleep on my stomach from the day I found out as my boobs hurt so much. By the time that stopped, my belly was too big to lay comfortably. This time Im 14 weeks and on my stomach perfectly comfortable!
  • Options
    I'm a side sleeper, but I switch back and forth between which side throughout the night, because the sides of my boobs get angry. I can't do full body pillows yet, because I overheat with them, but I put a throw pillow either behind my back or in front of my stomach, and leaning into it eases pressure on the boobs. I'll be looking into the Snoogle, but I think I'll have the same heat issue.
    BabyGaga
  • Options
    Right there with you! The only trouble is, since I literally never slept on my sides before now, my hips are bruised because they aren't used to bearing weight!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"