Baby Showers

Baby shower at 32 weeks pregnant with twins

SweetRucaSweetRuca member
edited January 2015 in Baby Showers
I am a FTM pregnant with twins. My SIL and MIL are planning to have my shower at the end of March. I will be about 32 weeks along. I feel this is way to late in my pregnancy to have the shower. I am worried I will be a bed rest or so miserable and uncomfortable I won't enjoy it. What are your thoughts? Is 32 weeks with twins too late to have a shower or is it just me?  How would you tell the people throwing the shower for you that you would like it to be earlier?   Please help

Re: Baby shower at 32 weeks pregnant with twins

• I think your choices are to take the shower that is offered to you at a time that works for the hosts, or decline the shower. 
  • Thanks for your input.

• Loading the player...
  • yeah, I actually have a friend who gave birth to her twins at 32 weeks... I think she was 25 weeks when she had her shower..?
  • VORVOR member

hhow has your pregnancy been so far?  Has your doctor expressed concerns? Has he/she mentioned bedrest?

If there has been stated issues or concerns, then sure, I can see your concern and you can mention that to your hostesses.

If not, then I wouldn't borrow trouble yet.  Plenty of twin pregnancies don't require bedrest and go full term, or close to. 

• My pregnancy has been ok up to this point (21weeks) I did have a preterm labor scare last week so my doctors are watching me closely. As far as bed rest goes he said it is going to happen in my third trimester if not sooner.
  • Stuck in the quote box (I think).  I agree that you shouldn't tell the hostess(es) when to throw you a shower. However, if there's a legitimate reason why that date isn't working for you, I don't think you should just go with the flow and not voice a concern. What if the host didn't even think of a possible problem/conflict? If it makes no difference for the person hosting to have it at 28 vs 32 weeks, I see no issue in simply asking. If the answer is no, then you either take it or leave it.  But if I had a genuine concern about not having my shower at a certain time, my mother would rather know than not know. I feel baby showers are much different than bridal showers in terms of the concern with timing. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    EDD: 4/23/15   Team Pink!!!
  • I agree if there is potential health issue you should inform the hostesses. It would suck for them to go through all the planning and work, to not be able to have it (which is obviously what they want). Again let them know the facts and let them decide, be grateful, and gracious.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• When I was pregnant with my twins, my shower was planned for 31 weeks. I ended up on bed rest at 26 and admitted to the hospital at 30 wks for preterm labor. Needless to say, my shower was postponed. My twins were born at 31+6 and my friends threw the shower about 2 wks after they were born. It all worked out but some of the games they had planned couldn't be played (measuring my belly). Maybe mention it to them, but I do have several friends who made it to 35, 36, and two of them made it to 38.5 all with twins.
  • VORVOR member
    As there are actual issues at hand, nothing wrong with telling your hostesses what your doctor said.  if they still insist on 32 weeks, roll with it.  But hopefully they'll listen and adjust accordingly.
  • I wasn't comfortable with a shower close to my due date either, so I just said something along these lines to my host: "So I'm superstoked you want to host a shower for me, but I just have a feeling I'm going to be a crazy nervous wreck by then, so I'm really not comfortable with a shower at that time." That gives your MIL and SIL the chance to either suggest an earlier date or scrap the party altogether if that was really the only date they had open.
  • My work shower was scheduled at 32w. It was also the day I gave birth when my water broke at32w3d. Needless to say, I was unable to attend. My friends/family shower was scheduled after that. We had some video on the babies in the NICU playing on loop in one of the rooms. Other than that, it was a normal shower. The babies were in the NICU for 22 days so we still had time to finish getting ready ie washing clothes, etc before they came home. I'd also ask if they can do it sooner. If not, then proceed as best you all can.
    Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • I was naive because the thought of PTL never occurred to me. My pg was not complicated until bedrest at 30w. It's certainly possible you'll not deliver early, BUT it's something that should be considered a possibility. GL OP!
    Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"