March 2012 Moms
Options

7 earthquakes yesterday.. and already had the first for today

Ugg lol   7 ranging from 1.6 through 3.6  and  it's 1 am here and we just got our first for the day.. nothing terrible.. probably a 2.6.. 2.8  but cmon .. really? lol this is TEXAS... If I get this many quakes I want the sand and sea  and sun to go with it. LOL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 7 earthquakes yesterday.. and already had the first for today

• Options
    11 in less than 24 hours ... joy  LOL 
  • Options
    Is there fracking going on in your region?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    WipzWipz member
    edited January 2015
    yeah they just started a study on the area too because of the recent uprise.. they are all located Pretty much in one area.

They aren't big ones ..I think a 3.6 is the biggest so far.. but Texans are not used to em like Californians .. they really don't know what they feel like, what's a bad one and what to do if a good size one hits.. I doubt they even understand how the calculations are done unless they read up on it.

Most people are jumping on the fracking band wagon despite the fact we are right on a fault line. I used to live on the San Andreas fault in California so I'm not bothered by these as much..although I have to say the 3.6 yesterday got my attention. Since it was longer and stronger and seemed to have a second rumble in there too,  I guess having a kid has made me more cautious about his safety if not my own lol.  

He was napping on our bed quite happily... momma however made the 20 yard dash ( exaggeration..I live in an apartment and its not that big lol )  to grab him if necessary.  I can't help but laugh at some of the comments posted on the local news facebook page though.. Everything from God is pissed and the end is nigh .. to we will rebuild comments with pictures of knocked over garden chairs... 
  • Options
    Yeah if you're awake for a 3.6 that will get your attention (I live in Northern CA).. I don't understand how locals could be on board with fracking when they're experiencing this crazy result! Tons of earthquakes in Texas = not normal people!
  • Options
    Lucky you..I miss Cali.. I'd be back in a heartbeat.  I used to live in San Jose :)

• Options
    Cool Wipz, I'll be in SJ next week for a conference. Grew up in the Valley east of there, went to college in Humboldt Co, now live in Sacramento area. There may be earthquakes but I'm never leaving! :) Were you here during the '89 quake?
  • Options
    no I didn't come out till 2001, but my ex was here with his ex ..he said they had tidal waves in their pool lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"