February 2015 Moms

ACA Breast Pumps

2»

Re: ACA Breast Pumps

• I got the Medela PISA Metro through insurance for free. I went through Pumping Essentials. I would have preferred the FreeStyle but the upgrade was $195 so nope! I ordered mine today and should have it in the next week. Overall I'm happy with the process

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • PeaceofKiaPeaceofKia member
    edited January 2015
    My insurance (Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield) covered my Medela Pump in Style advanced and is covering the cooler bag with 4 bottles as well. I love my pump, I've been exclusively pumping with it for over two weeks now and I have no complaints. It works with most normal neck bottles too which is a plus. And easy to clean.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What I'm Looking Forward to After the Babies Arrive
    Bringing them both home...UPDATE...The girls are home!!! 1/7/15 after 20 days in the NICU!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I got the Medela PIS plus battery pack ($29.99) from Aeroflow. It should be arriving any day. The process was super easy and customer service is great!
    Funny story, they accidentally shipped me a nebulizer at first. I thought it was just tubing that happened to ship separately and put it back in the package with the rest of the baby stuff. When I called because the pump never arrived, they asked for the number from the packing slip and that's when I realized it was definitely NOT breast pump related. The lady on the phone laughed so hard she could hardly talk... Then profusely apologized and sent out the breast pump they'd intended to send.
  • DucktaleDucktale member
    edited January 2015
    jaztastic said:
    So lets talk breast pumps... If you got yours through the Affordable Care Act how satisfied are you with it. Is it exactly the one you would have gotten if you paid retail? Medela Pump in Style, it´s exactly the one I wanted Did you opt for a cheaper option that wasnt what you wanted because it was free through your healthcare plan? No, this was the one I wanted Did you decide to purchase one out of pocket because you didnt like the healthcare options. No Was an upgrade for a fee available to you to get a better kind? Not sure

Did it already come? or Do you have to wait until after the baby is born? I put the order in last Thursday and it was delivered to my house yesterday! Very fast process!

Are they yours to keep? or is this like a loaner program similar to what some hospitals offer? It´s mine to keep

Post all your knowledge/comments here! 

All I did was call insurance and they gave me the names of 3 medical supply companies. I checked out all 3 websites and chose the company that had the best/user friendly website (it was Edgepark Medical Supply). First, I had to give my insurance information and it gave me the choice of pumps. Then form to fill out was so easy- I just had to give my name, EDD, Doctor information and insurance information. The company contacted my doctor's office for me and worked with insurance and then sent me the pump. In all, it took 4 business days. I was pretty shocked with how easy the process was.

I went through Edgepark too and had the same experience. I'm a little worried about it, because I had called my insurance company 4 times and was told a variety of things about my breast pump coverage, until the 4th time someone told me to call Edgepark and so far they're saying I don't owe anything and that's it's covered 100%. The invoice says the starter set was like $500 retail! You can get the whole tote set for $200 so I'll be super pissed if I get stuck with some bill after processed by insurance.
    imageimageimage
    BFP 6/15/14   EDD: 2/24/15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Ellteejay said:

I got to choose between the Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breastpump Starter Set and the
    Ameda Purely Yours Dual Electric Personal Double Pump. I chose the Medela, since that was what I had been considering buying on my own.

I also had two upgrade options, but they didn't entice me. They were Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breastpump Tote or Backpack ($95 upgrade charge) or
    Medela Freestyle Breast Pump - COMING SOON!! ($195 upgrade charge).

I did mine through McKesson Patient Care Solutions, which I found on the BRU website. It was super easy, I called them, gave them my insurance info and email address, and they checked with the insurance company for me about what my options are. Then they emailed me, and the in about two emails and a prescription faxed from my MW to McKesson, I had a breast pump.

It arrived a couple weeks ago. It's brand new and I get to keep it. Hopefully I'll like it. But yes, as of now, I am very satisfied!

I had almost an identical situation- I also picked the medela bc I had the ameda w my third baby and found it to be a bit weak, whereas the medela I rented w baby 2 had a lot more suction. Not knocking Ameda though - it was perfectly fine and I gave mine to my sister who's insurance won't cover a pump unless her baby ends up in the NICU. The reason I was eligible for another 'free' pump was bc I switched insurance carriers between baby 3 and 4.
  • I ended up using a pump while at the hospital and they gave me a bag full of extra flanges, bottles and tubing. I am sure you could ask for that while at the hospital and have some extras to bring home. Last time I rented the hospital grade Medela from my hospital through insurance. This time I have ordered the Medela PIS that everyone else seems to as well. I got to choose between that, the Ameda and two others I have not heard of. I figured I had a good experience with Medela last time and I still have some extra parts. I do not plan on storing my milk in the bottles I will be using the Lanshinoh (sp) bags. Those worked the best for me last time and they are easy to store and do not take up as much room as the bottles! =)
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"