Natural Birth

Hypnobabies and Bradley Stories

I was all onboard for the Bradley Method, but I kept seeing more and more about Hypnobabies so I decided to do some research. I am starting to feel the Hypnobabies may be the right choice for me. I am a bit worried about the cost. It is twice as much as Bradley. However, if it is truly the best way for me, I would make it work. I am an FTM and planning a home water birth. What are some of your experiences with either method?
Aug '15 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Mean Girl from Film/TV: Lucille Bluth from Arrested Development

Married 3/31/2012
Me: 29 DH: 30
BFP #1 5.09.2014
Natural MC 07.09.2014
BFP #2 12.15.2014
Stay With Me Precious Sticky Bean! I Love You!
                   BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Hypnobabies and Bradley Stories

• Breath technique (in through your nose and out through your mouth) is only the starting point for Hypnobabies techniques. I did the Home Study program as a pregnant mom, and attended a Home Study Advantage class with an instructor who was my doula. The tools were amazing for my birth, especially during the active and very last, most powerful phases, and for pushing. Hypnobabies is also complete childbirth ed. in addition to hypnosis for birth techniques. Bradley is also excellent for educational purposes, to help moms feel more prepared and in-the-know. Bradley is going to tell you how birth is, while Hypnobabies is going to tell you how birth can be if you put your mind to it, and how powerful our minds are in influencing what we experience.

And she's absolutely right ^^^^. There must be a commitment and practice to experience the full benefit of Hypnobabies. It's not advised to listen to the mp3s/CDs without engaging in the birth education component that helps moms get the information they need to create a birth plan, and reading the workbook without following the script schedule, means the lazy mind has a chance of going back to its old way of thinking. Hypnosis for birth is much like physical exercise -- the mind finds it easier and easier to do the more it repeats and practices.

I hope this helps and good luck in your search!
  • Thanks @jbennett4579‌. Whatever program I choose, I will be putting my all into it. No halvesies here. I'm planning a home birth so I need to be very prepared.
    Aug '15 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Mean Girl from Film/TV: Lucille Bluth from Arrested Development

Married 3/31/2012
    Me: 29 DH: 30
    BFP #1 5.09.2014
    Natural MC 07.09.2014
    BFP #2 12.15.2014
    Stay With Me Precious Sticky Bean! I Love You!
                       BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I can only attest to my own experiences and that is with Hypnobabies. I used it for both of my births. The first was in the hospital and the second at home in the water. It was the right fit for me. It fit my philosophy of birth as a natural experience that doesn’t have to be scary or even necessarily painful. I got the childbirth education I was looking for and the hypnosis tools that after using the first time I said “Why would anyone ever give birth without them?” I had a few challenges thrown my way and I handled them smoothly and calmly with my techniques. 

The second birth was my “ideal” birth and I continue to use the tools that I learned in the program to this day. I have more than gotten my money’s worth!! 

Happy Birthing to you whatever course you decide to take. :-) 

• We did Bradley method. A big focus is on relaxation, exercise to prepare your body for work, and understanding the body's natural process for birth.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I totally scoffed at the price of Hypnobabies and went with GentleBirth instead.  Also hypnobirthing, slightly different but also has many similarities.  Also only $99 for a full kit brand new.  It was a great deal and a great program.  I'm happy I did it and am doing it again this time.

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• I'm a FTM, and we will be doing hypnobirth.... it fits me better, so I know it will be successful in helping me through labor.

My sister did Bradley, and is still pushing it on me. I saw a video of her 1st birth and attended her 3rd.... both scared me. She is very loud and screams at everyone. And even tho she had all her babies naturally, and she was very educated in the process, it felt really out of control for me. I know that isn't how Bradley is, just my sister .. but for me, that is what I associate it with.

I'm excited to meet the instructor at our midwifes office, and sign up for classes in 2 weeks.
    image image BabyFetus Ticker
  • We are doing Bradley and I am thinking of doing Hypnobabies home study. I think both will prepare you. From what I was told both are very partner involved and Hypnobabies takes a lot of practice to be effective.
  • If anyone is looking, I have a Hypnobabies Home Study Course for sale

• I totally second what UP Mom said about still using the tools to this day - I totally do.  HypnoBabies was AMAZING and totally worth the money.  I loved it so much that I made a website about it to help spread the word!  It is so so so effective and I can't understand why more people aren't doing it.  Here's my website:  https://www.pickinglimes.com/

Have a blissful pregnancy and peaceful birthing no matter what you do!

Proud mom of two boys - July 2010 and November 2013
    Hypnosis made my births painless and drug-free! Check out my website to learn more: www.pickinglimes.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"