New Mexico Babies

pres or lovelace?

Hi everyone! I am still TTC but I thought I would ask your opinions on which hospital is best in abq. I have been leaning towards lovelace women's on San Mateo.
I would love any stories/opinions.
Thanks,
Jennifer.

Re: pres or lovelace?

• I really like their ER (because it's fast) and I have a friend who delivered there with midwives that I believe liked it, but I loved Pres. I heard great things about all the OBs both downtown, where I delivered, and on the the northside, where I was seen. Dr. Manetta saw me during my pregnancy and I LOVED her, and everyone else in the office was great too! We had to go in a little early because he wasn't moving, and ended up needing a c-section because he wasn't responding great and was positioned poorly. The nurses were all amazing and supportive and really good at telling me what was happening. Dr. Caridi did the c-section and while some people complain about his bedside manner, he was very to-the-point and no BS, which I appreciated. He did a great job and I haven't had any post-op trouble and my scar has healed so well (11mos). He also was so kind and warm once Z was out, and congratulated us; he was obviously just focused on getting him out safely before. The nurses in mother-baby were also AMAZING, and the NICU was great too, but we didn't stay too long and weren't in too much trouble.

If you read all that, congrats! And good luck making a baby :)
    Third Tri Feelings:
    imageBabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"