1st Trimester

8weeks pregnant and spotting for 2 weeks

Was wondering if anyone else has experienced spotting early in their pregnancy. It's been going on for about 2 weeks now. The doctor said i shouldn't be concerned but it's hard not to be. This is my second pregnancy and I had zero spotting with my first. Thanks.

Re: 8weeks pregnant and spotting for 2 weeks

• It is not bright red. I wear a liner but it's not heavy.
  • Is this after an orgasm? Because that's what is happening To me.
  • Loading the player...
  • Actually I spotted early on and for about 2 weeks as well. I saw my nurse and she said that as long as it didnt get heavier or was bright red that I shouldnt be concerned. Her exact words were "guess you will be one of women who will likely spot here and there throughout your pregnancy. There is nothing to worry about though."

Dont stress about it much though, but I would still ask your doctor to check you so they can rule out any issues. 
  • A lot of things can cause spotting during pregnancy. One of the first question a doctor often asks is if you've recently had sex, as that can irritate your cervix and cause bleeding. If your doctor says everything is fine, it probably is.

If you are filling a pad in an hour, or its accompanied by heavy cramping, then you need to get some medical attention.
  • I started spotting around 5 weeks and it lasted about 1 1/2 weeks.  It was very scary!   I went to the Doc and had an early ultrasound.  Things were looking great and my Doc scheduled me for a follow up a week later.  I saw a heartbeat and felt so much better!  Trust your doctor.  If they say not to worry, try your best to not worry and just enjoy being pregnant :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"