Pregnant after IF

Brazilian Wax?

Anyone having additional pain or discomfort during personal grooming? I'm super nervous to make an appt. --all that extra blood circulating down there!

My heart is as open as the sky.
Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Brazilian Wax?

• I can't see down there but did take some electric trimmers down there blindly...good enough....and was able to shave my legs with a stool in the shower! Thought I should take care of business before baby comes lol. I'm sure the docs and nurses have seen it all! If it's uneven oh well haha

Me:
    30, DH: 32
    My hx:  uterus/hormones normal Dx: low AMH 0.5 = poor ovarian reserve
    hubby hx: low sperm count, poor motility, started on clomid, retest in May showed no improvement, will be on clomid another 3 months, another retest scheduled for August

Started IVF #1:  ~BFP Mentioned~
    • ER (Thursday April 17th, 3 precious eggs).
    • April 18th: Received news 2 out of 3 eggs fertilized!
    •  Planned 3dt: Easter day, transferred two 8B embryos and received pictures :)
    • BFP starting 8dp3dt 5/1 Beta #1: 87, 5/3 Beta #2 206 
    • 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
    • EDD 1/8/15

• Oh god, no.

I have waxed for years. I used to pay someone to do Brazilians, but I got too cheap and started just doing bikini waxes myself.  I have done this for YEARS now with no issues - I can give myself a bikini wax without flinching.

Around week 15 or so, I gave myself a bikini wax. Nope, nope, nope! Instantly it turned into a bunch of red spots, like each individual hair follicle had bruised. I figured that was odd, maybe I had done something wrong, so I just did the other side. Same thing. I looked like someone had beaten me down there with big purple and black bruises for a week.

I bought a beard trimmer for $15 on Amazon and have used that since. I hate the stubble, but holy hell the bruising was scary with all those extra blood vessels down there!
    ************************SIGGY WARNING***********************

Me: 29      DH:  32
    Off birth control March 2012 - Actively trying Sept 2012-April 2014
    Unexplained Infertility
    BFP on May 5th after Follistim & IUI #3
    Ryan Henry - born 1/10/15, 7 lb 5 oz, 20 1/4 inches

NTNP for a sibling starting March 2015
    Waiting on cycle to resume while EBF

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • I've read that having hair done there during delivery is good - something about infections? It's been awhile since I'd read about that tidbit ..

*May Siggy Challenge - Parenting Fails*

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I have continued waxing but it is a lot more sensitive. I don't do Brazilians - rather a high bikini. It hurts a lot more due to more blood vessels/circulation - just be prepared for that. (And you can't take Advil to head it off!)

That being said - I know many people who have stopped during pregnancy. I think it is a matter of individual preference.
    ***signature/ticker warning***
    Me:37 DH:39
    TTC#1 since 3/2012

Diagnosis : Unexplained Infertility

3 BFN rounds Clomid + IUI
    IVF 1 - BFN, 1 Frozen
    IVF 2 - BFN, 5 Frozen
    FET 1 - BFP!!! EDD 1/24/15 Beta 1: 700, Beta 2: 2,156; 1st U/S 6w3d: HB 118bpm, 2nd U/S 9w3d: HB 171bpm

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've read that having hair done there during delivery is good - something about infections? It's been awhile since I'd read about that tidbit ..
    This used to be common practice but has fallen out of fashion after studies showed zero benefit.
    https://croatia.cochrane.org/sites/croatia.cochrane.org/files/uploads/Basevi_Lavender_Routine-perineal-shaving-on-admission-in-labour.pdf

P L A I N L A N G U A G E S U M M A R Y
    Routinely shaving women in the area around the vagina on admission to hospital in labour. Women may have their pubic hairs shaved with a razor (perineal
    shaving) when they are admitted to hospital to give childbirth. This is
    done in the belief that shaving reduces the risk of infection if the perineum tears or a episiotomy is performed and that it makes suturing easier and helps with instrumental deliveries. Shaving is a routine procedure in some countries. The present review found no evidence of any clinical benefit with perineal shaving. Not routinely shaving women before labour appeared safe. Three controlled trials that involved a total of 1039 women were reported on between 1922 a nd 2005. They each used antiseptic skin preparation and compared perineal shaving with cutting vulval hairs. When the findings of the trials were combined, no differences were found, with and without
    shaving, on the number of mothers who experiencing high body temperatures after the birth (maternal febrile morbidity). One trial also looked at perineal wound infection, the incidence of open wounds and maternal satisfaction immediately after a perineal repair had been completed and found no difference between groups. Most of the side-effects attributable to shaving occur later, as described by one of the trials. These included irritation, redness, multiple superficial scratches from the razor and burning and itching of the vulva. No trial assessed the views of the women about shaving, such as pain, embarrassment or discomfort during hair regrowth, to
    determine the most appropriate form of care in terms of health gain.

(Formatting very weird with this, sorry.)
    **********************siggy/ticker warning**********************

***Losses mentioned.*** TTC #1 since May 2012. Me: 37, OH: 41. Ectopic August 2012 => tubal damage. :'(  Stage 1 endo removed June 2013. IVF #1 Oct/Nov 2013: Long Lupron with Gonal-F. 7R, 7M, 7F. 2 txfer@3d. Nothing frozen.  => M/C @ 8 wks. :'( Selected RPL panel all normal. Very hyper and brittle response to stims. IVF #2 (antagonist protocol) Feb 2014 => Converted to IUI (Perfect conditions). BFN. IVF #2.1 w/ new RE June 2014: Antagonist protocol. 33R, 31M, 30F, 19 blasts to test!!! I made it through without crashing!! :) Hats off to Dr. Fancypants!! ET of one 5AB blast. BFN. 13 10 CCS'ed snowflakes! FET #1 PUPO as of 7/29 Betas: 8/7@24, 8/9@97, 8/11@334 (etc.) Two sacs on 8/15, one seen on 8/18 after a bleed. U/s 8/25 (6+3) "perfect": 5.9 mm + HB@120bpm! U/s 9/4 (7+6): 15.9 mm + HB@172 bpm! Please, PLEASE stick this time!!!!
    http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae39/catfreeburg/866da40f5178fed79efe23fc8a4e8a_zps4498a9cc.jpgimageimageimageimage
  • You know... This makes me wonder. I have had so many issues over the past two years with my bikini waxing... I have often thought that perhaps the fertility meds have made my skin & hair follicles more sensitive?? Anyways, I am too afraid to wax now because it's pretty much an invitation for ingrown hairs. Sigh. My plan for now? Let it go. I'll probably get the trimmers out before my next ultrasound (we're still doing the transvaginal thing).
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • Just let it go.   Any one who works in OBGYN or L&D will tell you they couldn't care less, so long as you shower regularly.   
    If your primary reason for doing it is for the OBGYN or L&D, then I agree with you completely. Whatever, it's 1975 down there!

However, for me, having hair down there was really uncomfortable. I felt like it was never fully clean by just wiping (psychosomatic, I'm sure, from having it trim down there for over a decade), and I hated that picking a wedgy would pull hair.

It isn't pretty with the DIY blind trimming with the mustache trimmer, but it's totally worth it for me in terms of comfort. I imagine I'll feel a lot less gross post partum when I use the spray bottle to wash after going to the bathroom than I would if there was also a bunch of hair down there.
    ************************SIGGY WARNING***********************

Me: 29      DH:  32
    Off birth control March 2012 - Actively trying Sept 2012-April 2014
    Unexplained Infertility
    BFP on May 5th after Follistim & IUI #3
    Ryan Henry - born 1/10/15, 7 lb 5 oz, 20 1/4 inches

NTNP for a sibling starting March 2015
    Waiting on cycle to resume while EBF

imageimage

• Still getting Brazilian waxes done every 5 weeks over here! Next one is Friday. It's a little more sensitive, but nothing crazy different for me.
    Call me crazy, but I feel like a whole new person when I get one done and I intend to continue to the end (33w+)
    *******Siggy Warning*******

*Married since 11/20/10*
    *TTC since 1/12*
    *Me - PCOS * DH - Azoo*
    *IUI clomid 5/13 - BFN*
    *IUI clomid 6/13 - BFN*
    *IUI clomid 7/13 - Cancelled due to poor response*
    *IUI follistim 9/13 - Cancelled due to over response*
    *IVF #1 - 13R, 5M, 4F, 2 transferred on day 3 - BFN & nothing to freeze*
    *IVF #2 - 7R, 4M, 4F, 2 transferred on day 3 - BFP!!!!*
    *Beta #1 15dp3dt >2,000, Beta #2 21dp3dt >17,000!*
    *U/S on 6/27/14 @ 6w4d - 2 sacs, 1 HB found @ 125bpm!*
    *First OB appt 7/24/14*

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Routine waxer here... I've continued to have regular waxes this whole time (33+ weeks). It's a bit more sensitive, but no issues. Can't shave in between, that may be people's issues. That makes the hair coarser and harder to pull through. What I have found (even not pregnant) is that if I wait too long between and I get too bushy, then it's a worse experience. I know it's expensive, but i go every three weeks....at most, four. Keeps everything nice and neat and the wax is quick, too. And I do full brazilians.
    As for the L&D aspect...yes, we've seen it all, but there is no joy whatsoever trying to repair an episiotomy or a laceration with tons of hair in the way. If it's trim, no issue. But if it's untame down there, I have had no choice but to cut it off with scissors just to do my thing.
    Married 2007
    3 Clomid IUIs -- BFNs
    IVF #1 never made it to transfer
    On "egg health" cocktail DHEA/CoQ10/FRC/Pregnitude/Melatonin
    Starting IVF #2 for Feb 2013
    Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix
    Cancelled mid-cycle due to high P4 levels early on.
    OCPs again for IVF 2.5 mid-March. IVF 2.5 transferred two "gorgeous" 5-day blasts and BFFN. Even REI is baffled
    On indefinite hold until a huge stroke of serendipity led me to IVF 3 May 2014
    Testing found positive cardiolipins/APS, now on lovenox and intralipid infusions
    Transfer of 2 5-day blasts and (FINALLY) BFFP!! 1st ultrasound shows two sacs and two HB, but one is sluggish, almost expecting vanishing twin Subsequent ultrasound confirmed vanishing twin, but my other Little critter looks fantastic!
    "You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it."
    -- Margaret Thatcher

• Ok - TMI.  DH is very brave and he took the clippers down there when I was late in pregnancy with DD just to trim it up.  If you have a DH like mine, good option. 
    Me: 35 DH: 35 - Married 10 years
    PCOS and MF

Two failed rounds IUI in 2010
    IVF #1 in 2011 - BFP 8/5/11 - Our IVF miracle was born 4/8/12
    FET 9/23/13; BFP -Twins-10/3/13; EDD 6/10/14; MC 11/1/13; D&C 11/4/13
    FET 3/28/14; BFN - 4/7/14
    IVF #2 - Transfer 2 embryos 11/14/14; BFP 11/24/14 - Beta 265;
    11/26/14 - Beta 612; 11/28/14 - Beta 1263; 12/1/14 - Beta 3571;
    12/3/14 - first u/s - two gestational sacs; 12/17/14 - two healthy heartbeats (132 and 134)
    Our IVF miracles were born 7/16/15

• I had low bikiñi waxes with no issues until 32 wks with twins. I didn't go at 36 wks bc I couldn't comfortably drive myself...

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• So I usually do my own bikini waxes at home with no issues. When pregnant it hurts enough that I don't do it at all. I got trimmers when pg with A and they are great at keeping things in check. One thing I noticed PP was that it was very nice to be trimmed..... All the pp blood and drainage... Yup-shorter is better! Much easier to clean the lady bits!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • Our first baby was born early. I went to see the MFM for a regular check-up, and they wouldn't let me leave the hospital. I was sent straight to L&D and was horrified because I had only shaved my legs that morning from the knees down. Lol. I talked to a few of the nurses I had come to know well and they all laughed at me, in the nicest way possible of course. As a PP said, no one cares. If it bothers you, then by all means, but don't feel like you must. Once I was admitted and the induction started, I didn't give a second thought to hair. Lol. Oh, and I ended up having an unplanned csection days later. One of the nurses said she needed to check me to see if I needed to be shaved. I laughed at her and said "you'd better bring hedge trimmers." Lol. I know it seems important now, but it really isn't.
    Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
  • @pblge‌ - I knew it had something to do with infection - just had it a bit jumbled ... thanks!

*May Siggy Challenge - Parenting Fails*

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I've been too scared.  But I agree that it gets uncomfortable for me after a while (I'm freakin' hairy) and the trimming isn't cutting it anymore.  So I'm going back soon to get more of a bikini wax rather than brazilian.  That will take care of a good amount of it, and I'm going to talk DH into helping me trim the rest.  

I don't care too much about how trim and neat it all is now, but I feel like cleaning and recovery from tearing after delivery may be easier if I don't have a giant bush in the way.

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
    IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
    IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
    Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
    Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)
  • I think I'm going to try it and will report back. I've been bushy for 20 weeks, I have to shave 2-3 x week! I think the hair is growing faster.

I like a clean feel the minimalist look and I want to be ready for swim wear since I'm in Florida.

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @1220winterbride‌ stop shaving!!!! That's my only piece of advice. It will definitely be more uncomfortable when you wax. Use a clipper/trimmer if you have to before hand to keep it short but don't take a razor to your lady bits for at least a couple of weeks before you go. And let the person know you've been shaving so they take that into account. Good luck!!
    Married 2007
    3 Clomid IUIs -- BFNs
    IVF #1 never made it to transfer
    On "egg health" cocktail DHEA/CoQ10/FRC/Pregnitude/Melatonin
    Starting IVF #2 for Feb 2013
    Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix
    Cancelled mid-cycle due to high P4 levels early on.
    OCPs again for IVF 2.5 mid-March. IVF 2.5 transferred two "gorgeous" 5-day blasts and BFFN. Even REI is baffled
    On indefinite hold until a huge stroke of serendipity led me to IVF 3 May 2014
    Testing found positive cardiolipins/APS, now on lovenox and intralipid infusions
    Transfer of 2 5-day blasts and (FINALLY) BFFP!! 1st ultrasound shows two sacs and two HB, but one is sluggish, almost expecting vanishing twin Subsequent ultrasound confirmed vanishing twin, but my other Little critter looks fantastic!
    "You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it."
    -- Margaret Thatcher

• Thank you @Ecarabeo217‌ !

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • HELL NO! I've been waxing my body for years at a wax art place and at about 10 weeks I went in and I couldn't even get my brows done with out crying. Then we went to the arm pits and that was painful. Worse then the brows. Then we moved to the vag.... And i had her stop after one strip. Idk if it's the extra blood flow, hormones or what! But I won't be doin that again for a LONG time!
    Me: 26 (IC/PCOS-2000mg of Metformin daily)

June 2014- HSG=clear

DH: 27 (SA results were great minus the slightly low morphology)
    Started dating DH in 2002 at 14 years old
    Married on 03.01.2014
    Officially TTC since April 2014 
    January 2013- Surprise BFP, m/c at 6 weeks, D&C 2 Weeks later
    April 2014- First RE appointment
    July 2014- IUI#1-Canx due to scar tissue and polyps. TI with the help of Ovidrel. BFN

August 2014- Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue and polyp

September 2014- IUI #1.1-100mg Clomid, Ovideral, 11.5 million swimmers=BFP

EDD-6/3/15- Our sweet baby Ryan was born on 1/6/15 and is in the arms of an Angel

Dx with IC on 1/6/15

• I waxed before my pregnancy and cntinued to wax during. I get waxed every 2-3 weeks and got my waxed a few days before my scheduled induction. I did notice more pain with the IVF meds and more sensitivity but after the meds it felt pretty much the same as always.
  • I am just about 27 weeks and have kept up routine brazilian's.  I can't say I notice more pain, normally I can go about 5 weeks in between appointments, I have noticed even before pregnancy it is easier if I only go 4 weeks in between.  I will keep it up even if it does start to hurt, I just don't like having hair down there.  I do use several of the products they sell where I go and that really seems to help with things like bumps and ingrown hairs.

Me: 34, DH: 32
    TTC Since September 2012
    Dx-PCOS, Anovulation, highly irregular cycles
    March 2013 Comid 50 mg+ TI #1: BFN
    April 2013 Clomid mg + TI #2: BFN
    IVM#1 Aug 2012: BFN
    20 FEB 2014:  CP
    IUI #1 Clomid 100mg  24 FEB 2014: BFN

IUI #2 Clomid 100mg  21 MAR 2014: BFN

IUI#3 Follistim & trigger 21 May 2014: BFN

IVF #1 Follistim & Menopur: 14R, 9M, 7F, transfered 2 day 3 8 cell embies

Beta #1: 7/30: 41  Beta #2 8/1: 96   Beta #3 8/4: 796   EDD:4/9/15