May 2015 Moms

Share Baby Shower Themes!

Good morning all! Hope you're feeling great. I love planning parties and hearing about others - share your baby shower theme here and let me know if you need ideas we can brainstorm to help!

I'm doing a heaven themed party with clouds and a white:blue:gray color scheme. I came up with it because after 9yrs, i naturally (and surprisingly) became pregnant. The tables will have the verse "for this child i prayed" in frames. So excited!!
For this Child I prayed...<3

Re: Share Baby Shower Themes!

• @expecting1stlilmiracle‌ ... Congrats on your "miracle baby".. Infertility is a heartbreaking venture and I'm glad you will be able to experience the many joys of pregnancy! Planning your own shower is a bit tasteless and you should really consider letting your friends & family take the reigns! If you want this to be a genuine and "heavenly" experience, you are going about it all wrong darling. Enjoy the Baby Shower Board!
    DS1 & DS2 anxiously await Baby Ava Victoria May 18th!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My BFF is throwing me a shower and she was adamant about me choosing a theme. After an hour or so of browsing the web, we chose Umbrellas. She mentioned that she will also do the clouds and raindrops decorations. However, this will be a secular shower, so no bible verses. I'm not planning the shower, but I am damn sure of that, lol. And I gotta say, I felt like a tool being that involved with my shower.
  • Loading the player...
  • With my daughter, it was "ba-bee" with bumble bees everywhere. I had to pick the theme because my mom tripped out and forced me, so maybe that's why you picked yours? Idk!
  • I'm not planning my shower but was told to pick a theme or colors so dh and I went w dallas cowboys colors and thats all I know about my shower
    Anniversary
    TTC starting 8/2014 :)
    BFP 8/27/14  EDD 5/9/2015 9/25/2014 ITS TWINS!!! <3<3 
    12/25/14 twin boys <3

BabyFetus Ticker

• bwisco123 said:
    My mom and MIL are throwing mine and have asked for input from me. I try and give as little direction as possible. The only thing I've been asked to do is gather addresses from friends on the guest list.
    This! I was also asked on a theme and suggested elephants since that's my nursery theme.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Me (34) PCOS

DH (36) Poor morphology and motility

TTC since 2011

2013 cycles 1, 2, and 3 on Clomid, all BFN

2013 cycles 4, and 5 IUI with Clomid, both BFN

DH and I took a break for several months

7/15/2014 started Acupuncture 

7/26/2014 start Follistim for IVF cycle, ER on 8/8, develop OHSS, ET almost cancelled

8/13/2014 ET proceeds on our wedding anniversary, transfer 2 5DB, 8/23 BFP

EDD 5/1/2015

• I love the "she's ready to POP" theme. I have been pintresting because two of my SIL's are also prego and due dates are within 2weeks-1 month of my due date, so I'll be helping to plan theirs. Also love party planning, but I wont be planning my own.

I'm big on doing what you want and what makes you happy. While I would never plan my own shower if you feel thats what you want to do then go for it. The people closest to you probably wont judge you anyways. Or will be happy enough about your lil blessing to not hold it against you.

I did attend a shower where the girl planned her own shower. I thought it was in poor taste when she told me she was planning her own. To add insult to jury she also planned a Diaper Party for her husband. Talk about tacky!!!

However I was still happy for the couple's lil blessing and I figured whoever was planning the shower I was going to attend and bring a gift. Which is exactly what I did, the point is, in my opinion, to celebrate the parents and baby and help them prepare for their baby. My husband attended the Diaper party w box of diapers and I attended the shower.
  • My friend is throwing my shower and has a Pinterest board for it. I know she has posted bow tie, where the while things are, and batman theme ideas.
  • For one shower my friend Asked me about themes I just told her our nursery colors and that I really am
    Not picky.

My aunt is hosting my family shower and she went with bow ties and mustaches which I thought was really cute.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hconner3Hconner3 member
    edited January 2015
    MrsF0831 said:

I'm not planning my shower but was told to pick a theme or colors so dh and I went w dallas cowboys colors and thats all I know about my shower

I love this!

Edited to add my theme: my step mom is doing baby monkeys. She picked everything. It's going to be so cute ☺️
  • My mom and MIL are throwing mine. I told them I like cosmos/galaxy themed stuff but to just do whatever they wanted to.
  • I can't handle anyone being in charge other than myself. Me and my BFF are doing the shower together because I am very particular about every little detail...since the sex of my baby is anonymous...the theme is team pink vs team blue
  • My mom is planning one, and as far as I know, it's not going to have a theme.  I think just food and present opening and visiting with relatives and family friends.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • shmeell25 said:
    I can't handle anyone being in charge other than myself. Me and my BFF are doing the shower together because I am very particular about every little detail...since the sex of my baby is anonymous...the theme is team pink vs team blue
    That sounds like a real picnic for your BFF
    I was thinking the exact same thing
    ;)

Me (34) PCOS

DH (36) Poor morphology and motility

TTC since 2011

2013 cycles 1, 2, and 3 on Clomid, all BFN

2013 cycles 4, and 5 IUI with Clomid, both BFN

DH and I took a break for several months

7/15/2014 started Acupuncture 

7/26/2014 start Follistim for IVF cycle, ER on 8/8, develop OHSS, ET almost cancelled

8/13/2014 ET proceeds on our wedding anniversary, transfer 2 5DB, 8/23 BFP

EDD 5/1/2015

• My mom and MIL will be hosting a shower for me.  No one as asked me about a theme.  It's still early, but I'm sure it will come up, or at least they will fill me in on what they're doing.  I'm hoping for nothing over the top princess-y, but I'm sure whatever they do will end up adorable.  My MIL has a knack for the cute.
    Myself: 30 Hubs: 30  Married in 2010
    BFP: 9/17/2014 (and 9/18...and 9/19...)
    Estimated Due: 5/22/2015
    First one :)

• edited January 2015
    Hhaha there's not one post that I come across that you're not so extremely nice on! Thanks for the input :)

I'm not planning my own shower but like being involved in theme. Hope everyone has a love filled shower with your friends and family!

• It was a reply but guess it didn't show it that way! Just came across someone who always gives good feedback. Thanks for checking.

• @blackpearl08‌. I picked the theme for MY baby shower and it's freakn Awsome...My baby...my shower...my way...no regrets
  • Hhaha there's not one post that I come across that you're not so extremely nice on! Thanks for the input :)

I'm not planning my own shower but like being involved in theme. Hope everyone has a love filled shower with your friends and family!

I have a headache from trying to decipher the meaning of your response.

Pregnancy Ticker

• I can't handle anyone being in charge other than myself. Me and my BFF are doing the shower together because I am very particular about every little detail...since the sex of my baby is anonymous...the theme is team pink vs team blue

----
    If you had let someone else own it, you may have ended up with a better theme.
    Just spit my water out!

• @blackpearl08‌. I picked the theme for MY baby shower and it's freakn Awsome...My baby...my shower...my way...no regrets
    QFP.

:-h
    DS1 & DS2 anxiously await Baby Ava Victoria May 18th!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Is anyone going to want to come to this? You seem very demanding. You don't throw your own shower. You just don't do it. It's greedy and gross.

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

BFP 8/2/12 EDD 4/9/13 Addie was delivered 1/4/13 at 26 weeks due to Eclampsia  

BFP 9/15/14 EDD 5/28/15 Please be our R A I N B O W take home baby BOY
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• ramy3 said:

Poppy715 said:

I don't even know where to begin with that last sentence. Please don't lecture me on how short life is.

I'm glad I wasn't the only person seriously offended by that.

>:D< @Poppy715‌
    This irritates me more today than it usually would. Life is short, no shit. Don't try and explain the concept to me.

Gurrrl, you and I are always on the same page. Don't you forget it! :x

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

BFP 8/2/12 EDD 4/9/13 Addie was delivered 1/4/13 at 26 weeks due to Eclampsia  

BFP 9/15/14 EDD 5/28/15 Please be our R A I N B O W take home baby BOY
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• When is everyone's showers? My mom is going to throw me one but I don't think that's for a few more months?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is a really sad sad group....we are supposed to be positive and uplifting to one another instead we are forced to defend or be defensive for our opinions and beliefs...I feel sad for all of the bitter and negative women in this group..we are all entitled to our opinions and beliefs...you don't have to agree with them but you should respect them. I am happy with all of my choices and I hope you are too....life is too short not to love everyday.

This really isn't that serious. I never respond to these things bc I don't want to call attention to them, but you're talking about a shower here. No one is being bitter, people are either telling you they think it's tacky or making jokes. Life is also too short to worry about petty things.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image   image
  • Both my sister and SIL have asked for my input on the showers. I have tried to stay out of it but they are both quite persistent! It looks like I will be helping with both of mine. I don't mind this because as others have said they are both giving me a special gift and if I can make that gift less of a burden on them by hhelping I for sure will! I think one is going to be the nursery theme which is turtles and the other is going to be a gender reveal theme, both should be great!!

@Sunshine4020‌ I was wondering timing as well! Both sisters asked me when I wanted to have it and I was at a lost! When is typical?? Anybody have dates picked yet??
    imageimageimageimage
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • My best friends are throwing mine. They did ask me to pick a theme and make a guest list. One of them sends me Pinterest ideas all the time lol I do give my input when asked which is honestly all the time. It's fun to look at stuff together, it makes a good time with my girls.