House cleaning in Catonsville? — The Bump
Baltimore Babies

House cleaning in Catonsville?

Does anyone have any good recommendations for someone to house clean in the Catonsville area?  Thank you!

Re: House cleaning in Catonsville?

• I do.  My mother is a housecleaner and has been doing it for over 20 years.  She's great and fair priced.  Please email me foleniewski(at)gmail  and I'll get you in touch with her for a free estimate. She has great (legitimate) references.
    Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image image image image image
  • To build off this post how much are most people paying per hour or for a session?  I live in Harford county.  i am getting ready to let our service go.  They do a so so job and she wants to raise her rates by 20 percent.  Right now I pay 135 bi-weekly and she is not cleaning my entire house.  I have a large home so i expect to pay more a 100 for a cleaning  I think 135 is high but fair if the service does a good job and what I hired them to do.  My current service keeps missing things like dusting the fan, she will vacuum the house on the bare floor setting and then mention my vacuum must be broken.  i was floored when she asked for the raise because she noted her attention to detail is not what other services provide and that she is okay cleaning a house that is not prepped before.  Well my house is clutter free and I clean my kitchen every day due to having kids and feel that cleaning the counter, floor stove and table is important.  Additionally, I wipe my shower doors daily.  My house is really easy to clean because I keep it up i like having a service just to come in and clean everything at one time and I maintain from there. I am pricing services and I was wondering what is a good starting point and if anyone had a good recommendation for Harford County.  Because i spend so much time cleaning anyway I am looking to go to a monthly schedule. i want someone with attention to detail and who will do things like wipe my baseboards and not rush.  My current service is always running late and rushes  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • For a large house I think you're getting a great deal. That's not expensive at all. $100 is what people pay for a 2 bd townhouse.
    Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image image image image image
  • Size wise right now she cleans about the equivalent of a small townhome since i don't have them clean our whole house.  I think i just have a bad taste about the fact a lot of things are not cleaned well, she has broken or chipped things and not told me, etc... It is not so much about the money.  For example they came last Friday and on Saturday i decided to deep clean the kitchen for spring since it was just cleaned and noticed the floor, which was suppose to be moped, was still dirty. So little things like that.   i am just trying to get an idea of what is customary per hour on average because she is asking for 80 an hour since she is only at my house maybe two hours.  i think that is a lot. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker