April 2015 Moms

Any other mommys have an accessory lobe to there placenta? I'm so curious to know what causes this?!

What is the likely hood that it will move up and away from my cervix to where I don't have to have a c-section?

Answers

• Someone please tell me they have heard of this?
  • I've never heard of this. What did your doctor say?
    BFP 8/9/2014
    Baby Boy wolowizard due 4/14/2015
    Greyson Robert
  • Loading the player...
  • Just that if it doesn't move up as my uterus grows then I would have no other option than a c-section, because the placenta obviously cannot come before the baby. My mid-wife didn't really know what causes the extra lobe so I was curious to see if anyone else has had one and if maybe there doctor had the answer to my question.
  • It's not prévia because the biggest part of my placenta is above the baby where his umbilical cord is attached "the lobe" as the professionals called it is just an extra piece of placenta that in my case is down around my cervix...they couldn't tell if it was covering it for sure but it's definitely lower than baby boy and near my cervix. They even went as far as telling my fiancé and I no sex. Granted we haven't had any bleeding at all so were just be extra careful like they recommended if we did. It's just so weird to me? Idk why my placenta would have an extra piece to it. I guess our bodies do strange things sometimes.
  • They found this on my Anatomy Scan also. My doctor didn't seem like they know what caused them but said it's common. The accessory lobe that's attached to my placenta is being checked to make sure there are no blood vessels in the cord connecting the two or down by my cervix. In my case they said they would suggest a c section if there were blood vessels present because if my water broke they could be ruptured. I haven't been to my second ultrasound yet. Sounds like every case of it is different, but if your doctor's not concerned I wouldn't panic.
  • Thanks for your reply! I think part of it is no one ever really wants to hear "you have no choice other than a c-section" makes it a little scary.
  • Thanks for your reply! I think part of it is no one ever really wants to hear "you have no choice other than a c-section" makes it a little scary.

Understandable. It's not ideal but if it keeps your little one safe it's worth it! Hope everything turns out for you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"