1st Trimester
Options

Spotting

Hello,
This is my first pregnancy and I dont know what to expect. I am 7 weeks pregnant and just today noticed spotting. Is this normal or should I be worried?

Answers

• Options
    You might want to check with your doctor. Mine told me that light spotting is normal, heavy bleeding is not. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yea dont know what to think. It is very minimal and its not red in color, its pinkish brown without getting to descriptive.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It could be implantation bleeding. With my last pregnancy I had brown blood spotting from that. Check with your doc.
  • Options
    It could be nothing, it could be something. It's always better to consult your doctor to double check.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feed back. Will check with my doctor to be sure.
  • Options
    If they have you come in, they'll likely do a bimanual exam (the nasty finger poke and prod) ... and then you'll spot. I had to go in yesterday to test some discharge (no spotting) that could be fine/not fine and she whipped that out on me, said "you're going to spot after this," and now I am. And my symptoms let up, so even though I logically know the spotting is normal, my crazy brain is thinking "What if she triggered an abortion?!" Doesn't help they never called me back about the test (they said I would have results today, now I have to wait until Friday grumble).

The key is amount of blood and accompanied by pain.
    BabyGaga
  • Options
    So I had major pain last night...like period cramps times 10! And I bled for about an hour. This morning I still have pain but not nearly as bad. Still seeing blood but only if I put pressure down there. I think I may have lost it. Calling my doc to see what I need to do.
  • Options
    Of course my doc office is closed today! :(
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you are going through this. My fingers are crossed for you that all is well.
  • Options
    taahirataahira member
    edited January 2015
    cowplanet said:

If they have you come in, they'll likely do a bimanual exam (the nasty finger poke and prod) ... and then you'll spot. I had to go in yesterday to test some discharge (no spotting) that could be fine/not fine and she whipped that out on me, said "you're going to spot after this," and now I am. And my symptoms let up, so even though I logically know the spotting is normal, my crazy brain is thinking "What if she triggered an abortion?!" Doesn't help they never called me back about the test (they said I would have results today, now I have to wait until Friday grumble).

The key is amount of blood and accompanied by pain.
    Just a few things to add. You don't have to have the finger poke. I asked for an ultrasound where they could check for bleeds. Secondly you can have no pain still spot and miscarriage I did, I was reassured the spotting was fine, as I had no pain. When in fact I had start to misscarriage. All spotting should be investigated.
  • Options
    Spotting isn't necessarily a bad thing.  You should def let your Dr know, but it is quite common early in pregnancy.  I had a good bit of spotting and some cramping that really scared me! Went to Dr and turned out I had a subcorionic hemorrhage.  I was put on bed rest for a few days, but everything is fine! Apparently they are very common.  Hope everything is OK with you and baby!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"