June 2015 Moms
Options

No appetite :(

Hi Ladies, so I'm 17 weeks with twins and I'm supposed to eat an extra 600 calories a day. I am seriously struggling to eat, I've got a bump and I've gained weight but I just don't have an appetite and I'm starting to get concerned that my babies aren't getting enough nutrients. I have to force myself to eat everyday. Any tips to up my appetite? Or any other mammas feeling not so hungry?

Re: No appetite :(

• Options
    Normal. Eat what you can. Make the calories count. Just make sure you are taking your prenatal. Oh maybe try those nutritional shakes.. I had to drink those in the beginning.
  • Options
    Breakfast seems to be the only
    Meal I can eat. No, I don't have any weight issues, I'm a normal weight for my height and I've always been about the same size, I'm not worried about gaining weight or anything like that. I just can't eat, nothing seems appealing except for fruit and it takes me such a long time to eat anything. I usually love to eat and really enjoy food, I have gotten some of those carnation instant breakfasts to try to get some extra calories in.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    syacoub4syacoub4 member
    edited December 2014
    When I was prego with my twins I included ensure in my diet that helped a lot, and smaller meals.
  • Options
    Try to find small, calorie-dense snacks you can munch on throughout the day to try to pack more calories in without having to force down a whole meal.

Nuts or nut butters are great - lots of good fats, some protein, and tons of variety in flavors and textures. Hopefully something is appealing.

It sounds like you are craving sugars, so maybe spread some peanut butter on an apple? 

Instant Breakfasts are good, but hopefully you can get some solid foods in too. 

I hope this passes for you and you can eat normally soon! Like others have said, your babes will be fine and take what they need... it's yourself you need to worry about at this point!
    ~January Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails~
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BFP October 2, 2014
    EDD June 7, 2015
    ~ triathlete ~ craft beer enthusiast (on hiatus, obviously) ~ runner ~
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies!! I'm relieved to hear this is somewhat normal!
  • Options
    I am having a similar issue - was going to ask my doc about drinking Boost or Ensure to help get some extra nutrients in.
  • Options
    This is me exactly...I drink instant breakfasts, drink whole milk, eat peanut butter, yogurt, and make fruit and spinach smoothies. I agree with PP's to eat whatever you can and make the calories count in smaller meals without having to eat a large amount. I have an easier time eating lunch and can barely eat dinner, so I make sure to load up when I feel the most comfortable.

Married 10/9/2009

The beautiful Royelle Marie born 2/7/2012

Baby #2 coming June 11, 2015 (Scheduled CS)

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Ive had days like that here and there - my go to solution has been a bag of baby carrots and a bowl of ranch dip :) If you're having dizzy spells or anything like that id tell your doc though.

image  image
  • Options
    Breakfast seems to be the only Meal I can eat. No, I don't have any weight issues, I'm a normal weight for my height and I've always been about the same size, I'm not worried about gaining weight or anything like that. I just can't eat, nothing seems appealing except for fruit and it takes me such a long time to eat anything. I usually love to eat and really enjoy food, I have gotten some of those carnation instant breakfasts to try to get some extra calories in.
    Be careful with the carnation instant breakfasts... those things make me soooo bloated.  Just a word of caution.
  • Options
    This is me too. I'm struggling to get enough calories in a day and I'm still losing weight very slowly. I stopped taking me prenatal because I found that I can usually eat more if I'm not taking it then when I do take it. I have the gummies, but they still make me sick. I'm going to ask my doctor about it at my appointment in a couple weeks. However, apples with peanut butter sound AMAZING now!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I have the same issue. I'm also not worried about weight gain and actually have a fast metabolism on top of it, so I have always struggled to gain a healthy amount of weight. My appetite is just not really there...breakfast foods sound the best to me. Lunch/dinner are by far the hardest. I've just been doing the best that I can, even if that means taco bell breakfast burritos and chinese takeout because thats all that sounds good. Hopefully it will pass soon
  • Options
    When I was pregnant with my twins I couldn't eat enough so my Dr suggested boost or ensure. I had 2 of those a day
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"