August 2015 Moms
Options

doctors visit

So I'm 8 weeks tomorrow. Had my first apt yesterday and I asked my doctor when I would get a ultrasound. She said I wouldn't get one until my 20 week visit. Has anyone else had to wait this long for an ultrasound?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    But with my first pregnancy I had one my very first apt. That's why I'm kinda confused.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I only had one elective ultrasound at 20 weeks with DD and will do the same this time. What information are you hoping to get from the early ultrasound? Did you ask your provider?
    www.minegoes2-11.blogspot.com

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Well usually that's how my office confirms ur pregnant.
  • Options
    I only did a 20 week scan last time. This time I'm having a dating scan but only because I'm not sure on my dates
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My office typically only does the 20-week scan.
  • Options

My office only does the AS unless you want a 4-D ultrasound as well - but that is not covered by insurance.

• Options
    My doctors office only does early ultrasounds if you've had a miscarriage or had spotting/cramping, otherwise you only get the 20 week ultrasound.
    This is mine as well, it's pretty common. They do use a doppler to check the heartbeat at appointments after 12 weeks, though.

TTC #1 since 11/2012
    Me-31, H-27
    **Loss 1-Cycle 7(June 2013) at 5w6d-CP**Loss 2-Cycle 11(October 2013) at 5w4d-CP**
    **Loss 3-Cycle 14 (January-February 2014)-M/C dx 2/10, EP dx 2/24, MTX 2/25**
    Beta Hell--hCG finally down to 0 - 6/20/14
    SA normal. Genetic testing normal. Hormonal testing normal.
    HSG 6/30/14 - found blocked left tube and 2 'bubbles' on uterine wall.
    Hysteroscopy/Lap--8/4/14 - Tubes unblocked. Polyps removed from uterine wall. Septum removed.
     9/30/14--Off the bench! Unmedicated TI through December 2014
    BFP 12/14/14!!! Beta #1, 12/16: 990 Beta #2, 12/18: Over 2000! Beta #3, 12/22: over 8000!
     U/S #1, 12/23: gestational sac, possible heartbeat
    U/S #2, 12/30: HEARTBEAT! 128bpm, measuring right on at 7w EDD: 8/19/2015
    U/S #3, 1/9: BPM in the 180s, IT'S HAPPENING!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    wow, now I am sort of glad I went through infertility treatment - I'm only a little over 6 weeks and I've already had 2 ultrasounds, with another one next week.  Plus about a half dozen blood tests already.  I can't imagine waiting until 20 weeks!
  • Options
    I would also elect to forgo the early one as well if I didn't have such a long history of loss. I get them just to verify viability. My body has held onto pregnancies long after they were no longer viable. To me, there is no need for the extra exposure to the ultrasounds then what is absolutely needed.
    DS #1 10/21/06 DD #2 04/11/10 DS #3 01/28/13 Edd #4 08/28/15 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"