48% 97 votes
Already gone
26% 53 votes
Never had one
13% 27 votes
SS
3% 6 votes

Re: CPW: Christmas Tree

• Ours will go back to the basement after Jan 2... I heard it's bad luck to take down the Christmas décor before then... Who knows for real but why tempt fate...?!

***July Siggy Challenge***
    Favorite Summer Time Treat: "Anything Poolside!"

IAmPregnant Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had to vote never had one, because we moved into our house on 12/20 and left for Christmas travel on 12/22.  It just didn't make sense this year.  I usually take it down the weekend after New Years, but we do fresh trees, and if it's still looking nice I'll push it another week.  I love Christmas decorations!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We've never had a big one, and this year with being moved in, but not "moved" in, it didn't make sense to start.  I'll probably get one next year just to take pictures with the LO!
  • I usually keep mine up until at least the weekend after the new year. I love having a tree up, but I'm not one of those crazy people who keep it up until like April or something. :)
  • I normally take my down the day after Christmas, DH hates it though, so we compromised and it will be down Sunday. :)
  • We always keep ours up to at least the Epiphany (Jan 6) but since that's a Tuesday it'll stay up til the weekend after.
  • We put ours up undecorated on December 20th and put it away on December 26th. We aren't really Christmas people lol.
  • Just took everything off the tree yesterday but it's still in the family room naked. :( I'm still getting the whiffs of pine so I don't mind it!
    Baby Nolan  is on his way! EDD 2/22/15 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have just a few bulbs left on it. Definitely down today.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image image image
  • Ours will go down tomorrow. We keep it up for DD birthday.
  • We always take ours down January 1.  It just makes sense to start off the New Year with a cleaning of the house. 
  • Ours stays up until Epiphany (jan 6) which is when the three kings come and deliver a gift, Santa style.
  • Christmas was back in the attic by 10am on Boxing day!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Took it down yesterday. I've been wanting the space back! It's a fake tree and just 3 parts with lights on it, so really easy
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • My family will do Christmas on jan 10th this year so it will come down after that. I'm normally a feb 1 kinda person but between DD, the cat and LO on the way it will come down on the 11th!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Taking it down today.  It's getting pretty dry and I want to set up the baby stuff (PNP, bouncer, etc) this weekend, but there are decorations where a lot of that stuff will go.  Plus the house needs to be cleaned today, so it makes sense to put decorations away while cleaning.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • Mine always goes on the first normal day after New Years, when I can put it out for the recycling guys. This year will be the 2nd. Gets depressing otherwise!
  • If ours was up this year we leave until Orthodox Christmas is over..after Jan 7th

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• It's on my list for tomorrow. I have a pretty set schedule of: bring out decorations within a couple days after thanksgiving... Get the tree the 1st-2nd week of December (often finals pushes it to the second week) and leave no trace of Christmas by bedtime January 1st

• Update: Christmas has been banished back to the closet til next Turkey day! Now I have to set up all the baby gear!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image image image
  • My rule is that all Christmas stuff has to be gone by New Years. I am moving a little slower this year so the tree was the last thing to come down yesterday but all the decorations are still in a pile in the bonus room waiting for me to box them up and put them away.
  • Alygohome said:

We put ours up undecorated on December 20th and put it away on December 26th. We aren't really Christmas people lol.

This!! Those were my tree days too lol. I was not in the Christmas mood this year. I think I put the tree away with a few decorations left on it. Hopefully next year will be different.
    imageimageimage
    As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen - Winnie the Pooh

Married 8/22/09
    Pregnancy 1- EDD 11/21/10 NMC @ 6 weeks
    Pregnancy 2 - Rainbow DS born 1/15/11
    Pregnancy 3 - EDD 5/2/14 NMC @ 6 weeks 9/4/13
    Pregnancy 4 - EDD 6/11/14 BO @ 9 weeks D&C 11/8/13
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    WOW!!! I'm pregnant!!! BFP 6/8/14 Rainbow on the way EDD 2/14/15
    If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I've been wanting to take it down since Dec 26, but DH likes it up until the new year. I'm guessing we will do it tomorrow while DS naps.
    F15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Decoration Fails

Natalie Ann is on her way!
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's dead and I've taken all the decorations off, waiting on DH for the last 3-4 days to take it out..
  • Our tree was already getting a little crunchy, so it went out today. A little sad when everything is packed away till next year, but there's always the nice clean feeling when it's done.
    Anniversary 

• @Stephanie2378‌ holy cow thats a lot of decorations!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"