February 2015 Moms
Options

NYE Spam-a-thon

2»

Re: NYE Spam-a-thon

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mrsthadababy - SoCal drivers are THE worst! I'm so glad I don't have to go out today. The mountains are going to be PACKED. DH, a couple of friends and I are going to try and attempt Julian and Mt. Laguna for a snow day tomorrow. But I'm not getting my hopes up that we'll even make it up the mountain without a ton of traffic. I'm sure every family in Sandy Eggo will be doing the same thing. I'm hoping since people got snow inland, that they'll stay out of the mountains. ;) 

____________________________________________________________                                           

TTC 10+ | Stage 4 Endometriosis

3 Laparscopy's

BFP - 06.15.2014

EDD - 02.16.2015

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

Okay this might be a dumb question but forgive me I seriously feel like a FTM again. DH and I got a convertible car seat for LO. 3 kids, 2 in middle school, need to save money here. When LO is born and we are getting ready to leave do we need to take the seat out of the car and bring it to the room to strap her in or can we leave it in the car? Last time I had an infant carrier so no big deal to do that. What's the "procedure" with a convertible?

This. I need to know the answer to this!! What a pain if we actually have to bring it inside! My infant carrier has expired (goodness I used it for 4 kids already). My insurance company provides a free car seat so I ordered one and it was an automated system and they said they'd ship it to me in 10 days. I have no idea what's coming, lol. If its convertible I have to know what to do. How inconvenient!

My spam: I can relate to the sleeplessness and back pains and needing to pee. Hurrah to the person who mentioned saline nasal spray...wonderful stuff I agree.

We have friends with kids who are coming for NYE. Our festivities and food will center around being kid-friendly and they are all sleeping over. My kids are so excited already. I'm looking forward to having a friend to chat with (and hopefully even do some shopping with) after living with screen-time zombies for the past week!
  • Options
    Convertible carseats stay in the car. Because they don't have a separate base, you need to kneel in the sit to safely install them. (Impossible to do with an infant sitting in it.) We used one for our daughter and wrapped her in a couple of blankets between the house and the car. We also had one of the bundle-me fuzzy fleece sleeping bag car seat liners for it.
  • Options
    So am I the only one that didn't know Vicks vapor rub is a no no during pregnancy? I feel like a bad mom already :,(
  • Options
    @DBJackson25 - I had no idea. I got SUPER sick a while back, (2nd trimester) and I was using Vicks vapor rub on my chest every night. I was also using a humidifier that had Vicks in it. Does it say why you shouldn't use it??

3 Laparscopy's

BFP - 06.15.2014

EDD - 02.16.2015

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    DBJackson25DBJackson25 member
    edited December 2014
    @MommyOfAMiracle‌ and @cougarette‌ I think it's because of the menthol in it. No idea though. I used so much Last night it probably is still on my skin today. I'm bummed it's the only thing that helped

@holachicaaa‌ that makes me feel a little better. I called my nurse on call line and they said no Vicks but cough drops with menthol were fine so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Eta: response to chica
  • Options
    Happy New Years Eve Feb 15ers!

My big plans are to binge watch Gilmore girls on Netflix and be asleep by 10.
  • Options
    Just got home from our growth scan and we found out little man isn't quite so little lol. At 34.4 he is already measuring over 6lbs and in the 80th percentile! Now I know they can be off by a pound either direction but 5lbs is still pretty big too.
    BabyName Ticker

• Options
    I have no clue what we are doing for NYE. I honestly don't want to do anything. I know DH has FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) so I know we will end up somewhere. But it's agreeing on where we both want to go that will be a problem. Especially since I don't want to do anything. I'm swollen, tired and sore. Partying (sober) until past midnight doesn't sound very appealing to me. Meh. 

3 Laparscopy's

BFP - 06.15.2014

EDD - 02.16.2015

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Okay this might be a dumb question but forgive me I seriously feel like a FTM again. DH and I got a convertible car seat for LO. 3 kids, 2 in middle school, need to save money here. When LO is born and we are getting ready to leave do we need to take the seat out of the car and bring it to the room to strap her in or can we leave it in the car? Last time I had an infant carrier so no big deal to do that. What's the "procedure" with a convertible?
    This. I need to know the answer to this!! What a pain if we actually have to bring it inside! My infant carrier has expired (goodness I used it for 4 kids already). My insurance company provides a free car seat so I ordered one and it was an automated system and they said they'd ship it to me in 10 days. I have no idea what's coming, lol. If its convertible I have to know what to do. How inconvenient! My spam: I can relate to the sleeplessness and back pains and needing to pee. Hurrah to the person who mentioned saline nasal spray...wonderful stuff I agree. We have friends with kids who are coming for NYE. Our festivities and food will center around being kid-friendly and they are all sleeping over. My kids are so excited already. I'm looking forward to having a friend to chat with (and hopefully even do some shopping with) after living with screen-time zombies for the past week!
    Exactly!! I dont want to get it in the car and setup correctly just to have DH have to take it out so we can take LO out of the hospital. Gah...Sometimes this whole huge baby gap between kids is a pain in the butt...lol  Sad to say but I am a MILLION times more prepared for this LO vs when DS and DD were born.
  • Options
    I'm watching college football. My alma mater is playing- GO BRONCOS!!

There's snow in Southern California. What?!!!

I'm attempting to make ham with black eyed peas and home made corn bread. I've never made any of this. Be afraid.
    Me: 38     DH: 36
    Married: July 21, 2013
    TTC#1 (between us): June/July 2013

DX: MFI (low count and motility)
    Charting/OPK/CBFM July 2013-present
    1st RE Visit: January 2014
    Cycling: 
    March 2014- 75iu follistim + trigger + progesterone + IUI = BFN and OHSS
    (8 million post wash 47% motility, 18mm/17mm/16mm/16mm/14mm follies)
    April/May 2014- Benched due to cysts/enlarged ovaries
    June 2014- 50iu follistim + trigger + progesterone + IUI = BFP!!
    (10 million post wash 60% motility, 20mm/19mm follies)
    Beta 1- 85 Beta 2- 2,752 - EDD 2/27/2015

Everyone welcome. Strength in numbers!

• Options
    @CogDis‌ maybe I sound like a weirdo, but my baby moves so hard sometimes that it actually freaks me out. I told DH today that, while it is an irrational thought, I sometimes get nervous that something is wrong because she will kick/punch/roll so hard that it moves me. I know nothing is wrong as all my check-ups and u/s have been normal, but she's just wild in there.
  • Options
    I got to baby sit the sweetest little baby tonight! This little man loves to snuggle. He was born at 28 weeks and just made it home so his mom snuggles him 24/7. I loved it! Also, I was wondering if it would be stupid of me to start a thread on pain relief during labor? I want an itrathecal but don't know anyone who has had one to ask how it went for them. I really want to hear from others that have had one. But I kind of feel it would be a stupid thing to open a whole thread on it because what works for one person may not work for another.
  • Options
    Happy New Year! <:-P \:D/
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"