June 2015 Moms
Options

Need ideas!

Morning mamas!

So we scheduled our 20wk ultrasound for the end of January. *Super excited!* I need some creative ideas to share the gender with the ladies I work with. We work in an office, so I can't really do one big reveal to everyone and I really don't want to do the cupcake with the color on the inside. One of the girls that just had a baby did that and I'm trying to be original :) Any ideas?

Re: Need ideas!

• Options
    @ajm11 - very. And insensitive. One of my coworkers is having fertility problems. She certainly hasn't told everyone about it. If someone pulled a stunt like this in an office environment where she can't just decide not to come that day... Yuck. I work in a very casual office with all women, and this would definitely not go over well. I can't believe throwing yourself sex reveal parties at work is a thing...

image  image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with @mrskblack11 - stick to food. I've always found people pretend to care a lot more when there are sweets involved. Cookies with colored icing or M&Ms, sugar cookies with food coloring... shouldn't be too hard to find some pink or blue sprinkles somewhere to put on basically anything. Cookie cake, maybe?
    CW + KJ: 8.10.2013
    1st Baby W Due: 6.25.2015
    BabyFruit Ticker

photo e2a5dc19-be96-4d99-b2d6-da7922f6c601_zps08cbe34a.jpg photo 319d419c-5eb1-4d11-a435-225e0a3417f3_zps1ea6c8b4.jpg
  • Options
    Ajm11 said:
    I'm confused. Why can't you just tell them? A "gender reveal" at work seems very unprofessional IMO.
    This. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I think it is all depending how excited your co workers are..and how close you guys all are.

I work with a bunch of early 20's ladies in an casual.. and they will think of any reason to throw a potluck/spread/cupcakes... so the group of ladies I work with will not take offense to it...

but I do see if you work in a very professional enviornment, I can see it can be a bit offensive..

but I brought in cupcake to reveal my pregrancy.. I think I am just going to wear a tee shirt saying "hey girl" or "boy oh boy" (I got them from asos)

• Options
    My goodness ladies! She didn't ask our opinion on *if* she should do a reveal. She asked for ideas on how. It's a lot of assuming going in here, as we don't know the culture of her work group; etc. It is her responsibility to decide what is appropriate and inappropriate in her work environment. And she obviously feels doing a reveal at work is acceptable.
    That being said, I'm all for the food idea! Also, I second the idea of checking Pinterest for neat ways to incorporate food into the reveal. Good luck and Enjoy!
  • Options
    My goodness ladies! She didn't ask our opinion on *if* she should do a reveal. She asked for ideas on how. It's a lot of assuming going in here, as we don't know the culture of her work group; etc. It is her responsibility to decide what is appropriate and inappropriate in her work environment. And she obviously feels doing a reveal at work is acceptable. That being said, I'm all for the food idea! Also, I second the idea of checking Pinterest for neat ways to incorporate food into the reveal. Good luck and Enjoy!
    So what? Anyone can chime in with whatever opinion they want. This is a public board. 
    --Amanda--
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Op, you know the climate of your office and the ladies you work with better than we do. If this is what is appropriate for the ladies you work with and your office, go for it! We had thought of doing paper poppers with colored confetti in them, but ended up not being able to keep the secret long enough. I got the idea from Pinterest.
  • Options

Thank you for all the positive responses. Obviously I wouldn't ask for ideas if it wasn't appropriate for where I work. I work with a close knit group of ladies that get excited about stuff like this, and throw work baby showers for eachother.

• Options
    Love those adorable cookies :)
  • Options
    @kales0719 - you can get the cookie cutter on amazon for super cheap, and pinterest has  awesome "how-to"s on the decorating if you are the DIY type. Or, buy the cutter on amazon and take a trip to your local baker! :) 
    PCOS- finally pregnant after 3 years of IF treatment, including 4 failed IUI. 

Lucky IUI #5 currently growing in my belly! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"