January 2015 Moms
Options

Wednesday randoms

Re: Wednesday randoms

• Options
    saiven said:
    So, when you're 9 months pregnant (almost) don't be late to work without notice. You'll get all the emails and texts asking if baby is here yet. I'm really mopey/grumpy/sad today. Fuck this, guys.
    Yeah I was out for two days this week and my boss asked me if I was having contractions and if I needed to go ahead and start my maternity leave... no dude, I'll let you know when I'm actually going on leave. I've over this! Hope you start feeling better!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    soon2bejp said:
    @txultrarunner I'm glad to hear it's been a success so far!

@nah82 You are a much better person than I could ever be. Snuggle up with your boys tonight and try to enjoy your NYE!

I went to the doc today and my BP was 132/90 and I had protein in my urine.  The results from my 24 hour urine should be back Friday.  She said depending on those results she may have me go in to get induced on Friday (just shy of 38 weeks).  If nothing else, it's nice to have a plan.  Now I just have to figure out how to install the car seat and find my emu oil...

Edit to add that she stretched my cervix to encourage it to open (I was only 1 cm and 50%).  Wow, that was uncomfortable.
    I very much dislike all of the ladies dealing with BP/possible pre-e issues... hope your 24 hour results come back negative. And yeah stretching your cervix sounds like no fun at all!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't believe it's already NYE! DH and I don't plan on going anywhere this evening, just having a quiet evening at home. We're going to build a fire in the fireplace, I'm making manicotti for dinner, and going to ring in the new year with a glass of champagne. 
    DH and I went and saw the new Hobbitt movie last night. It was a good movie, although there were a couple of moments we swear they stole from Mario Party on Wii. :)
    I finally slept through the night, sort of. I did wake up at 1:30 am, but I just popped a few Tums and went back to sleep. 
    I'm sorry to all those not sleeping well. :(
    @luckypenny1231  Happy Anniversary!!
    @4littlebears  I hope your DD feels better soon! 
    @britb618  An outdoor wedding in December? Bring blankets. I hope the reception is indoors! I personally feel it's the bride's (and groom's) day and they can have their ceremony whenever and where ever they want. My wedding was outdoors, lakeside, in nearly 100* temps. We also specified a very short and sweet ceremony, 30 minutes tops, so our guests weren't uncomfortable for very long. We also provided tons of iced water to help with the heat. My SIL had a late night wedding (her anniversary was yesterday), ceremony at 8 pm, party ended at 5 am.. It was also in Argentina and that's a typical wedding there. 

Pregnancy Ticker

January '15 January Siggy Challenge: Newborn/Baby Fails

• Options
    @BabyStandish‌ - we used the disposable liners with DS once he was eating solids. They were awesome at keeping poop from getting all over the cloth (especially if you use pocket diapers). You can flush them, but because we used disposable wipes (as opposed to cloth wipes or flushable wipes), I found it easier to bundle up all the "waste" and chuck it all in the garbage at once.
  • Options
    saiven said:
    So, when you're 9 months pregnant (almost) don't be late to work without notice. You'll get all the emails and texts asking if baby is here yet. I'm really mopey/grumpy/sad today. Fuck this, guys.
    I'm sorry you're feeling yuck today. I was having a major bad mood day yesterday so I totally feel you. Today is a little better for me, so maybe tomorrow will be better for you. 
    Sending lots of creepy hugs your way.
  • Options
    @jmcmoe @YaMrWhite I'm in the same boat. Due Tuesday and don't have a bag packed. I'm going to do it this weekend, but...I figure any way to encourage Little Man to make an appearance is alright by me. My procrastination probably helps, right? I hope so. Otherwise procrastinating on the baby laundry, too, makes me look like a bad mom already.

@mrs_bennett Good luck! So exciting to be meeting your LO!

In other news, I gave everyone at work until Friday afternoon to get me all the things they want me to take care of before baby arrives. If it's not here on Friday, it's not happening. I already asked for them, but apparently we all need deadlines or things don't happen. For all their asking how I'm feeling and worrying about me, everyone sure is lackadaisical about getting me things I need to be relaxed and ready to be out.

39 week appt this afternoon. Been "convincing" DH to have as much sexy time as I can handle to get labor moving. Been shoving my face full of spicy foods and pineapple. I walked so much this week that everyone told me to sit myself down repeatedly. The only thing I haven't tried is EPO, and I'll start that on Friday after all the work deadlines are met.

I want an outside baby, and I think baby wants to be outside, too.  At least, his constant movement and kicking seem to indicate it's a little cramped in there. Time to be free! Come on, man!
  • Options
    Thanks @raveness, she's doing really well on Advil. We'll see how she feels again when it wears off. But it doesn't seem to be a super bad virus, just fever apparently! 
  • Options
    So I have preeclampsia but my OB wants to wait until next Wednesday when I'm 37 weeks. I'm supposed to rest as much as possible. But there is so much to do!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry @BookitBoo‌. Try to rest as much as possible! One week away!!
  • Options
    @bookitboo sorry for the diagnosis of pre e. :(
    Take it easy these last few days. Relax. And every thing else can wait, or things that are a must get some help with.

• Options
    Now that we're not going anywhere for NYE, we might give this King Julian's countdown on netflix a try and get the kiddos to bed early for a little mommy and daddy time! 

• Options
    I'm sorry @BookitBoo, that's what happened to me last time. Try and see if your DH can do any of it for you. You really should rest up, you don't want things to spiral.
  • Options
    @BookitBoo Sorry about the diagnosis. Try and take it easy!

• Options
    @BookitBoo‌ so sorry about the pre-e, that really blows!! I'm glad they feel like it is stable enough to wait until 37 weeks. Hope you can get the help you need to get stuff done and can rest as much as possible! Hang in there!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @BookitBoo  Sorry to hear about your pre-e diagnosis. Rest and relax as much as you possibly can. *hugs*

Pregnancy Ticker

January '15 January Siggy Challenge: Newborn/Baby Fails

• Options
    I seriously feel like I was getting kicked in the box ALL NIGHT from the outside!! I clearly know this is a normal symptom but f**k it hurts like a bitch. And so strange how much pain a small little head can cause in one area! And by head I'm referring to the LO ;) haha although now that I'm making it to 2015 with no baby (my goal) it will be very tempting to "put DH to work" so to speak hehehe. Although with this constant bruised box feeling I'm not sure how enjoyable it will be haha
  • Options
    Thanks @edvent!  I hope your desk chair is soft and comfy.  Been thinking of you!
  • Options
    @saiven and @soon2bejp Thanks :) Work is going surprisingly well! I am mildly uncomfortable but am pleasantly surprised that I can actually sit!! Can't believe how much better I feel from Monday to now! And less than 2 hours to go before I'm home and off tomorrow :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had a skin rolling massage which is intended to be therapeutic rather than relaxing. Oh man it hurts! I was very glad when it was done.

I was kind of hoping that I would go into labor last night for a 2014 baby, but alas I am still pregnant.

I too have been sleeping terribly due to contractions and cramps at night. Nothing like labor contractions yet though.

Dec '12 & Jan '15
    I could hold you for a million years to make you feel my love.
  • Options
    nah82nah82 member
    edited December 2014
    He should have known all the consequences before he jumped on that thing he calls his girlfriend.(are they dating or did I just make that up?)
    @VioletGjoni He doesn't call her that, but what else to call her when it's been going on so long?  Well, you know, words that would have to be censored of course...  And he went to her kids basketball game and band concert with her the night I called him to come over to sign custody papers, so, sounds like a gf to me.  I don't really know the current status, but he was at my house Christmas Eve and Christmas day after he promised her they would spend Christmas together, so idk.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    DH is in nesting mode.  He wants to clean the house and take down the Christmas stuff now.

I on the other hand am more " Meh, how about we sit on the couch and watch house hunters " mode.

He is right though.  We have to get this done before the baby comes as I know I would hate to come home from the hospital to a messy house. 
  • Options
    Ugh, I'm starving!! DH was supposed to go to the grocery store this morning because we literally have no food in the house. He took DD (he's been staying home with her while MIL is out of town until next week) and right when they pulled in to the store she threw up all over herself and her car seat. He said he was so worried about her the whole way home but got her home and put her in the bath and was washing everything by the time I got home. She seems fine so I guess it was a fluke thing.

The down side was that we had nothing to eat for lunch. Bless his heart he made me a grilled cheese sandwich out of the two heels left from the loaf of bread (one of them was like half a heel). Now I'm trying to decide if I should break down and get something from the vending machine or if I can hold out another hour until I leave... I think the vending machine is going to be the winner!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

@Maebb‌ i'm glad you posted a picture, because I wasn't sure how painting with the two-year-old could end up if anything but tears for the two of us. Luckily DS is with his DCP so I can turn on my trashy music and paint away.

@Beckydewell, yeah, there was a moment where he got disinterested in his painting job and grabbed the bed rail I was painting. That was not cool. But I knew I needed to get one coat on in the morning so I could work on it during his nap, so other than that one thing, it was fine.
  • Options
    @BookitBoo-- so sorry to hear about your pre-e.  :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    saiven said:

So, when you're 9 months pregnant (almost) don't be late to work without notice. You'll get all the emails and texts asking if baby is here yet.

I'm really mopey/grumpy/sad today. Fuck this, guys.

I hate how people constantly think you might be in labor towards the end. Every time I would call my parents they would be all excited and answer with "Are you in labor?!?" or they would constantly ask if there were updates. I drove me crazy! As if I wasn't anxious enough.

Dec '12 & Jan '15
    I could hold you for a million years to make you feel my love.
  • Options

saiven said:

So, when you're 9 months pregnant (almost) don't be late to work without notice. You'll get all the emails and texts asking if baby is here yet.

I hate how people constantly think you might be in labor towards the end. Every time I would call my parents they would be all excited and answer with "Are you in labor?!?" or they would constantly ask if there were updates. I drove me crazy! As if I wasn't anxious enough.
    My mom is constantly asking if I've "dropped". I'm trying to tell myself it's sweet and not annoying as shit.
  • Options
    soon2bejp said:

saiven said:

My mom is constantly asking if I've "dropped". I'm trying to tell myself it's sweet and not annoying as shit.
    I love that my parents are doctors. They don't ask me all these stupid questions. They know I'll tell them when it's time, lol.

I get lots of hard contractions while I'm out shopping, the kind where I actually feel pressure in my bottom. I really really hope it's doing something because if it's not then it's just super uncomfortable.
  • Options
    @4littlebears‌ that's my goal for the night. I'm sick so H and I canceled our other plans with friends.
  • Options
    aremac said:

@4littlebears‌ that's my goal for the night. I'm sick so H and I canceled our other plans with friends.

Yup, our dd got sick this morning so we had to cancel too :(
  • Options
    BookitBoo said:

So I have preeclampsia but my OB wants to wait until next Wednesday when I'm 37 weeks. I'm supposed to rest as much as possible. But there is so much to do!

Sorry to hear about your pre-e :(
  • Options
    Had to send DH out of room in midst of painful contraction due to him making me laugh. ... those do not mix
  • Options
    @BookitBoo sorry that you have pre-e.  Don't push yourself too hard; you can do it later!

DH is out getting me some new year's wine right now!  I'm so excited to be off the Motrin so I can finally enjoy it!  It's been almost 24 hours since I last took it and I've had no more fevers or chills.  Pumping has helped, too.  Damn titties be broken.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"