August 2015 Moms

10 months...

Does it drive anyone else insane when someone says " you're pregnant for 10 months because there's 4 weeks in each month so 40 weeks means 10 months" nope... They're 4.33 weeks per month!

Re: 10 months...

• I was pregnant for about 11 months last time. Got pregnant, lost it around 6 weeks, immediately got pregnant again without having a period in between. Carried her almost 42 weeks before she wanted to come out. Oy.
  • Loading the player...
  • technically if you go over 40 weeks then its 10 months.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
                                         §Aug15 Siggy Challege: Favorite TV/Movie Mean Girl§
                                                           Dr.Bailey from Grey's Anatomy
  • Yes that is my biggest pet peeve! I always want to ask those people, are there 13 months in your year? Any combination of 9 months is going to be 39 weeks (or possibly 39 weeks and one day), so you'd have to get to at least 43 weeks before you'd hit 10 months. When you consider you're not even pregnant the first three weeks (prior to ovulation and implantation) that's even more ridiculous.

I knew a woman who double cheated when discussing how far along she was. She did the four week thing as a month, plus she counted starting the month as being that many months along. So, if she was say 24 weeks and one day, she'd say she was seven months pregnant (her logic being that 24 weeks equaled 6 months, and since she was starting her 7th month, she was seven months).

• technically if you go over 40 weeks then its 10 months.

That would be true if all months were like February.

DD 12/20/99, DS 12/14/12, M/C 9/2014, M/C 1/2015

• I guess I'd rather say pregnancy is 10 months for the simple reason that it makes me feel like I've conquered more of it than I probably have...

Pregnancy Ticker

• I don't see what the big deal is, personally.  It's an estimate.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"