September 2015 Moms
Options

Super early to think about this, but...cord blood?

If anyone is planning on banking Cord Blood -- CBR is having a $500 of special that ends tomorrow. You also get entered to win a $500 Amazon gift card. You don't pay for it now but you "sign up" to pay how ever you decide when you submit your kit. So when baby is born the doctor does the kit they send you and it gets sent off to their labs. It was a super easy process for us each time. 

I know this is kind of controversial and some people don't believe it should be done. So I'm not trying to start a debate about this at all. I know that some people skip this and instead do delayed clamping or donate the cord blood or don't do it at all, that's fine. 

Just wanted to make sure if you are *thinking* about it right now CBR has the deal for $1495 for the first year including pick up, processing, 1st year storage, etc. I can give my "referral info" if anyone wants it, but really I just wanted to share the deal. Last baby I paid $1650 I think with my returning parent discount. 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance

Re: Super early to think about this, but...cord blood?

• Options
    CFearsy said:
    We plan to do delayed cord clamping.
    This. 
    "S15 January Siggy Challange - Happy Dance"
    Jimmy Fallon Dance

Married: 10/4/2013
    TTC Since September 2014
    BFP 11/30/2014 ~ EDD 8/13/2015 ~ CP 12/5/2014
    BFP #2 12/30/2014 ~ EDD 9/13/2015 Stick bean stick!
  • Options
    If available, I'll donate. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

This feels vaguely spammy.

Anyway, no. We did the donation last time and we'll do that again.

I thought that too.
    DS 7/6/09
    DD 9/4/11
    EDD 9/1/15
  • Options
    OUKap said:
    This feels vaguely spammy.

Anyway, no. We did the donation last time and we'll do that again.
    I thought that too.
    Are you serious? I clearly have a history here. I found out about the savings thing yesterday. I know this is something people do with pregnancy. Did I give a link? Did I give my direct link? Nope.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    CFearsy said:
    Also, OP...please don't share your "referral info." There are so many creepers here on the Internet. Stranger danger and Internet security, y'all!
    To give referral info you give a coordinator's name and number at the company and maybe my email. Not much else. It's been a while I don't remember exactly.
  • Options
    Here is a WebMD article that shares the AAP's stance on cord blood banking. I would recommend not doing this rashly just because there is a sale going on. It's something that should be researched. https://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/features/banking-your-babys-cord-blood
    We did for our other kids and will do again. No one has to pay for anything now if they were to enroll. You can always just send the kit back and say "nevermind" or whatever. Sometimes they can't do the cord blood for various reasons at birth and you don't get charged, so you still have plenty of time to think it over.
  • Options
    sdfonz619 said:

CFearsy said:

We plan to do delayed cord clamping.

This. 

If you're interested in still donating or banking your cord blood, it's possible even with delayed clamping. CBR gave us info & we spoke with our Dr. It was important to us to delay because we felt the immediate perceived benefits were worth it. We knew there was a chance our sample wouldn't be big enough to bank & our back up was to donate if that was the case.
    September '15 Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance!   

BFP 11/18/14 ~ EDD 7/26/15 ~ MC 11/27/14

image            image
                          Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                              

• Options
    We've done donation with both kiddos and will donate again this time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"