February 2015 Moms
Options

35 weeks, breech and is a big baby

Just wanted to know if there ia anything I could do to help the situation.. I know theyll check at 37 wks and make a decision on whats next; but will she really turn? do i still have time..? not scared of a c section just want to know kinda what to expect.

Thanks+

Re: 35 weeks, breech and is a big baby

• Options
    Check out the search the threads feature as there have been others with similar concerns.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic                      

Married 9/10/11 * BFP 6/9/14 * EDD 1/25/15

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Try standing on your head
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Some people have had luck with spinningbabies.com. Things can change up to the last minute, so try it to be too worried.

Baby #2 due 2/15/15!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Feb 15 January Siggy Challenge:  What you're looking forward to most after baby arrives:
    NO MORE HEARTBURN!

• Options
    Thanks... I tried looking at other posts but those were for earlier weeks so i thought after 35 wks was a bit more worrisome. I will look into spinning babies [-O<
  • Options
    My OB gave me the website www.acog.org to look up things that trouble me. You can try there.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    yes, baby still could turn - dont lose hope yet and mentally prepare for either delivery method. 

• spinningbabies.com 
    • Webster technique  - chiro
    • (ECV) version is also an option, I did this with my first baby and it was painful and was not successful for me; however, according to BabyCenter there is a 58% chance of success.  I would ask your OB about it.
  • Options
    I say pack your hospital bag for a CS just in case.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I don't have much good advice, but I did want to say that baby size estimates can be grossly off so I wouldn't worry too much about the "large baby" part. 

Good luck! I hope your LO gets spinning soon. 
  • Options
    I've heard from many moms who's baby turned once active labor started. Breech is just another variation of normal though and is deliverable. I've also heard great things about spinning babies. You could always wait for labor to start and do a quick ultrasound to check and then go from there. Baby still has plenty of time to turn, sending some spinning dust your way!
  • Options
    My little one keeps flipping around on me. This week she picked breech, after being head down and transverse the previous week. I've been seeing a chiro due to back pain. She suggested shining a flashlight to help guide her to the right spot. I've also started looking at spinning babies and plan to start the exercises. I'm okay with however she gets here. I just want her healthy and in my arms.
  • Options
    Plenty of time. Nothing is guaranteed until the kid's out as far as that goes. Breathe easy. Good luck.
  • Options
    Find a chiropractor that is certified in the Webster technique. It is a technique that chiropractors can use, only twice, in the last few weeks of pregnancy to help release tight ligaments and guide the baby into a vertex position.

Here is a website where you can find a Webster certified chiro near you: https://icpa4kids.org/Find-a-Chiropractor/

Here is an article from pubmed, showing how the Webster technique is a non-invasive way, but highly effective in turning breech babies: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12183701

Good luck!
  • Options
    @CantoDeAmor259‌ while breech may technically be deliverable, not many doctors or midwives will attempt it. Even here in Canada, where our medical system is less risk-adverse than the US, a breech baby = an automatic c-section if you're past a certain gestation.

That being said, 35 weeks still gives plenty of time for baby to straighten up and get itself sorted out. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @CantoDeAmor259‌ while breech may technically be deliverable, not many doctors or midwives will attempt it. Even here in Canada, where our medical system is less risk-adverse than the US, a breech baby = an automatic c-section if you're past a certain gestation. That being said, 35 weeks still gives plenty of time for baby to straighten up and get itself sorted out. :)
    Same with the ECV's. There are doctors that won't do either and some hospitals won't allow the procedures even if the doctor/midwife is fine with it.
    Dr. ACPruchnik, TVMD & SBE

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward To After Baby's Born

Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My son was 8lbs 13oz at birth. Huge baby for me. He was breech at 35 wk check. 2wks I did all exercises doct said to do an played music via headphones. 37 weeks I started having contractions an went to hosp. Doct ended up turning him. Pain meds I was given stopped the contractions. So I went another wk and half. But he stayed turned doct said don't slouch don't lay flat. Don't give him the room to flip back.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"