June 2015 Moms

finding gender out through blood work.

I had to get a blood work done today and the doctor asked me if I wanted to know the sex of the baby as well so they tested for that. I've never heard of finding out this way but she said many women have done it. Im 14 wks and still haven't had one ultra sound so I'm excited about this but I feel I should still ask to get a ultra sound to find out as well.

Re: finding gender out through blood work.

• With the materniti21/harmony/panorama tests, finding the sex of your baby is a by-product of genetic testing. It's not specifically a test for the sex of your baby. No ultra sounds are specifically to find out the sex either - although the sex is commonly revealed at the 20-ish week anatomy scan, which is meant to make sure your baby's anatomy is looking good.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • There's a few blood tests around that look for genetic abnormalities and finding out the sex is meant to be the bonus. I think it is normal to have an ultrasound around 20 weeks which is commonly known as the Anatomy Scan. This is also to find out about the health of your baby, not just the sex. I've had ultrasounds at 8 weeks (for dating) and at 12 weeks for NT. Next one is at 20 weeks. 

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: June 10th 2015 ~ Aussie Bumpie~FTM

** June 2015 ~ January Siggy - Pinterest Fails**

• Loading the player...
  • I'm sure they asked just so they would know whether or not to put the sex on your results/paperwork. But these are genetic tests and are generally more than 99% accurate... much more so than an ultrasound. So whatever your results say, you can pretty much bank on it. 

Proud Mama to cleft cutie <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"