Trouble TTC a Sibling

I've been bombarded with cute Facebook announcements

You know when someone is your friend and you really admire them and then they post a cute little announcement on Facebook and you suddenly hate them and want to slit their throat??

If I broke my friends down into percentages, about 10% of them are single and the rest are mommies. That 10% is busy doing cool things like graduating from college, graduating from grad school, making tons of money in their dream jobs, traveling the world, and rock climbing. The remaining 90% can be broken into thirds. 30% had a baby in October or early November, when the baby we lost late this last spring was due. 30% had babies over Christmas, while I sat bleeding through gift exchanges. 30% took the opportunity to announce their pregnancy/gender over Christmas, like we were going to do with the baby we lost late November. Some of these last 90% are still magically able to do some of the cool things the 10% is doing. They ALL think they should post it all on Facebook.

That's a lot of throats to slit. Good thing I love my LO'S too much to risk going to jail.

(PS I'm not actually that bitter. I'm one of those annoyingly happy, bubbley, optimistic people, but I struggle with depression and this has been a hard year. I love to write and a lot of my writing is satirical or facetious but reflects how I feel. I need you ladies so I can say these things I'm thinking and still be able to keep up appearances. Oh, and the statistics are total bs, I completely made it up, but it's probably not insanely far from the truth. Apparently something was in the water in my hometown. Well actually I know something was in the water, crude oil, aka money.)

Re: I've been bombarded with cute Facebook announcements

• I'm sorry I don't mean for it to be over the top. I am venting but it's also supposed to humor. Like, I would never actually do that, or think about it in seriousness. My real reaction is to be sad and angry at some unknown thing, not even at the person. I will edit it if you think I need to, but I would rather not.
  • I, too, am usually bubbly, cheerful, and like to make my friends and family laugh, so I know what it is to put on appearances while you secretly or privately have an awful year. Hang in there!

Oh, and I don't mind the satirical writing personally (I like dark humor, too), but I guess you have to decide whether to continue or even edit what you wrote since it might have made some other members a little uncomfortable?
    BFP 2/14/14, m/c 4/14/14 at 12 wks
    BFP 12/24/11 happy and healthy baby boy!
    BFP 11/23/11, m/c 11/25/11 at 4 wks
    BFP 7/10/09, m/c 7/23/09 at 6 wks

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Totally frustrating when everyone but you is getting pregnant! On the same boat over here!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"