Babies: 0 - 3 Months

My baby is breaking out

I've noticed my 17-day old baby is breaking out in tiny pimples on his forehead and cheeks. I'll list some things that I suspect might be the reason: I have a dog, but he doesn't come close to the baby, I live in an apartment and we have a central heating system, I changed his milk recently. 
Has this happened to your baby? Any advise? 
Thanks! 

Re: My baby is breaking out

• All my babies had/have baby acne. DDs lasted a few weeks. Right now we're going on three weeks with the twins- one is worse than the other and also has worse cradle cap. Poor kid! But totally normal.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Are you sure it's baby acne? https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/infant-and-toddler-health/multimedia/baby-rashes/sls-20076668 

Mayo clinic has a brief slide show that outlines different baby skin concerns. But not are concerns. It sounds like baby might have eczema. My baby girl would have similar breakouts after a bath. I can't use J&J products anymore because they irritate her skin. Cetaphil just started a new baby line and I can tell you from a personal standpoint that it works wonders on my skin, so I'm now using it on my baby. You can also apply Aquaphor (A&D or Petroleum Jelly) to the skin, then apply a hypoallergenic lotion. This will help settle the irritation and keep the area moisturized to prevent additional drying. 

Regardless, dogs are not the problem. I have one as well and thought the same thing, however eczema is a result of there not being enough fat cells in the skin. It's not unusual for babies to have it and should go away by 6 months. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Sounds like baby acne if it's just on the face & ears. Mine has had it since wks she's 8wks now and it's just starting to clear up. Not much you can do but wash it with water.
  • Very normal, DD's baby acne is just clearing now and she is just shy of 11 weeks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"