Multiples

Potty training twins

Hi moms- need tips for potty training my twins! Do we get two potties and which brand/Lottie is recommended? Thanks

Re: Potty training twins

• We're just starting too, but we have 2 potties.  We let them pick out their own potties in hopes that it would help with them wanting to go on it.  DS chose Thomas the Train and DD chose Disney princesses.  Good luck!
    Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • I'm just starting and I have been using the potty lids. It's tough because they are VERY eager to potty train and then fight over the toilet. I've thought about getting two potties but I'm afraid they won't want to use an actual toilet if they get used to it. I'll definitely be watching the board because I'm very curious!
  • Loading the player...
  • It was a loooong time ago, but we for sure had two potties. We had one princess potty thing and one plain one until the girls could recognize the feeling of having to go-- the potties were pretty much in the living room ::verp:: 
    Once they understood the feeling of having to go, we bought a toilet seat that had a built in potty chair/cover thing so they could run up and use the real toilet. 
    no day but today~ RENT  *HEG survivors*
    ::where a sig pic would go if TB wasn't a d*ck::
     Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • ppantsppants member
    edited December 2014

We did two potty chairs and put our b/g twins in underwear.  They got stickers as a reward.  One for pee and two for poop.  We had them sit on the potty every hour.  DD pooped in her underwear every day x 3 days.  DH had one poop and one pee accident the first few days.  Within less than 2 weeks, they were telling us they needed to use the bathroom and reliable to not have an accident.  Good luck! 

ETA:  My twins were a little over 2.5 yrs old when we started

Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • Wow thanks everyone for the tips!!
  • My kids will be 3 in April and are not very interested in this yet! We have a few potty books that we have read. I have a kiddie seat that sits on top of the toilet and they do sit on it every few days. Neither have them have actually gone on the potty yet though.

Anyone else go through this?

I was really hoping to avoid the small kiddie toilets that have to be dumped!!

Wedding Fall 2007 Off OCP's since 9/08-started with BBT charts Saw Ob/gyn May 2009 Blood work normal except single copy of MTHFR Clomid 50mg May 2009 Clomid 50mg + IUI June 2009 Femara 5mg + IUI July 2009 Normal HSG July 2009 Femara 5mg + ovidrel+IUI August 2009 Femara 5mg +ovidrel + IUI September 2009 November 2009-normal lap December 2009-met with RE December/January-Injectible med cycle with IUI-Abnormal sperm morpology found-only 0-1% normal All Head defects. Jan/Feb 2010 1st IVF with ICSI-5 week chemical pregnancy :( Feb 2010-male infertility doc says DH's anatomy and blood work are normal so nothing he can do. :( FET July 2010-BFP! Twin m/c @ 5.5 wks :( Dec/Jan 2011 IVF #2 Only 4 eggs retrieved-Ganirelix dose messed up BFFN Feb/March 2011 IVF #3 ER 3/9 9 eggs, 7 fertilized, ET 3/14, No frosties. BFN IVF #4 ER 8/22 9R,7F ET 8/25-3 embies, 1 frostie! Beta 9/2= 54, 9/6=274, 9/8=625, 9/12=2953, 9/16 greater than 10,000. B/G TWINS born April 2012 @ 36wks & 1 day! July 2014-going back for the frozen embryo! ET 7/28, heartbeat seen at 6wks1day with SCH. Miscarriage confirmed at 6wks4days

• I was about to post this same thing! We will be starting Monday. Looking for tips as well :)
  • I had a potty ring for the regular toilet, and about four different little potties. It gave them plenty of non fighting over one, and I had some in the bathroom and the living room. My twins were potty trained by 2.3 completely. We started a little before 2. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"